Clementine Confirmed For Season 2

• 57 results
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

How do y'all feel about this? Is Clementine a selling point for you guys?

Personally I kinda wanted the season to be separate of each other with new characters in new settings with new stories. Her returning....doesn't mean I won't buy it by any means but I might just wait till the entire season is on sale or something.

Link

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah I wanted it to be a fresh start too but if they do this well then cool.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm not going to be as attached to a new season as much as the first one.

I don't even care to play the 400 days chapter.

The first one was a good story for me and for me it ended already.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If she's a zombie and/or I have to kill her... I'm gonna get very angry and send a strongly worded email to Telltale Games and make a thread on GiantBomb telling other people how angry I am.

I will be very angry.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Nooooooo, I didn't want to know anything about Season 2.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When the first season ended I was very much in the "totally separate story" camp, but since then my interest in a brand new zombie story has really dropped. Seeing that Clementine's story will continue in this season makes me significantly more interested.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear here, "be part of the game" does in fact not mean "OMG! SHE'S TOTALLY GONNA BE THE ONLY PERSON YOU PLAY AS IN THE GAME! WOO! OMG OMG!" .. Could be a tiny part, could be a big part. Nobody knows except, you know, the people who actually matter(the guys over at Telltale)

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bybeach

Clemintine is going to get more ppl. done in than the Walking Dead. She's seems to have a good knack for finding somebody who cares about her...generally everyone. Well except for jerks, and the Walking Dead get them too.

I'm just making light of a 'game' I found too intense and depressing for me personallly to play. The dev tends to be serious about survival, sort of probably not, horror anguish pain and death definetly and on a bloody platter.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

If she's a zombie and/or I have to kill her... I'm gonna get very angry and send a strongly worded email to Telltale Games and make a thread on GiantBomb telling other people how angry I am.

I will be very angry.

Woah dude, thats only one step away from the nuclear option, the '#saveClem' twitter campaign.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope she's a zombie/dead so I can hate myself.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not into these games as much as other people are, but I felt that Clementine was a shallow character and I'm not clamoring for more of her. I hope they do something interesting with her, but I just wouldn't want the sappy-sweet, lovey-dovey, lost-little-puppy, tough-little-toddler-keepin'-her-chin-up schtick again. I know a lot of people really grew attached to her, but her story is not a plot line I'm all that interested in.

That said, after 400 Days I trust TellTale to figure out a cameo or even short plot line involving her that's compelling. I hope she isn't the focus though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Animasta

meh. She was never that great of a character (those archetypes rarely are) so that does nothing for me.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Doesn't affect my purchasing decision one way or another, I was planning to pick the second season up no matter what, and I would have been satisfied either way on whether Clementine would come back or if it would have been a completely separate story from the first season.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It would have been really weird if she wasn't in Season 2.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Dangit, I don't usually care about spoilers, but this thread title was one heck of a largely unavoidable spoiler.

oh well.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news, I was hoping that they wouldn't completely ditch that storyline.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Will she be older or the same age? The former could be neat, the latter I would fear would be too similar to the first episode.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is the right move. There was no way that they were going to be able to create the same kind of connection that they did in season 1 with a whole new batch of characters. There needs to be some sort of carry over. It's the same reason why I'm not really excited for Persona 5. Sure, it will probably be a good game but if there's no Chie or Kanji or Teddy, like what's the point?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'll probably be someone the player murders and then it's revealed to be her because that's Telltale's M.O.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

400 Days was what I wanted from a new set of characters, I'm kind of ready to see how Clementine is doing now. Especially after getting so attached to Ellie in The Last of Us

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sounds like good news to me. I really hope she turns into a little zombie killer with swords and guns. Like a little Dante except without the Devil Trigger.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

would have been nice if she had some sort of cameo appearance but wasn't part of the main cast. Rather not feel the need to keep raising a young girl in the middle of the zombie apocalypse... did all that in season 1 already.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After she took the shot, she gained a blood lust and shot everything that moved

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man I get the feeling they're gonna kill her in the first minute, cause that's what the Walking Dead is all about. Kill a character you care about in the first minute to rip the heart right outta yah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's anything other than a cameo appearance I'll be highly disappointed.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, I want to see where her story goes. I believe it's important to see what the gritty world of new has done to her.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MakoTitan

@marz:

@marz said:

would have been nice if she had some sort of cameo appearance but wasn't part of the main cast. Rather not feel the need to keep raising a young girl in the middle of the zombie apocalypse... did all that in season 1 already.

Who's to say she isn't already grown up and gritty as Hell? I'd like to see badass, angry at the world Clemetine!

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

This is the right move. There was no way that they were going to be able to create the same kind of connection that they did in season 1 with a whole new batch of characters. There needs to be some sort of carry over. It's the same reason why I'm not really excited for Persona 5. Sure, it will probably be a good game but if there's no Chie or Kanji or Teddy, like what's the point?

There was no Charlie or Mitsuru or Akihiko in Persona 4, but I still enjoyed both.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beforet

Aww, I wanted the season to be completely separate. I understand the business necessity of bringing Clem back, but I wish they didn't.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Flappy

@artelinarose said:

@milkman said:

There was no Charlie or Mitsuru or Akihiko in Persona 4, but I still enjoyed both.

Wait, what? Charlie wasn't in P4? Then who the hell was that quiet guy runnin' around Inaba?

As a huge Persona fan, I've already come to terms with Persona 5 and its new cast. If there are cameos, then good on them for making a throwback to a quality game. If there aren't, then I'll just, y'know, do what I gotta do. That's almost like wanting Cloud to pop up in every FF game that came after VII. After a while, certain characters/games/whatever get overexposed. I mean, look at how much love P3/P4 have gotten over the years. If they make another remake/spinoff, I may have to choke a bitch.

EDIT: Just so Persona doesn't hijack another topic, I'll throw this out there:

Clementine is pretty cool and I wouldn't mind if we got to see her grow up a lil' bit. Y'know, since we practically molded her into the survivalist that she is today.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So is this going to be another season of predictably expecting everyone but the little girl to get zombie-murdered?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By newmoneytrash

Only if it's '15 years later...' and she has a chainsaw for a hand

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@golguin said:

Sounds like good news to me. I really hope she turns into a little zombie killer with swords and guns. Like a little Dante except without the Devil Trigger.

Instead she has "Zombie Trigger" where she unleashes her inner zombie. She becomes slow and clumsy, and tries to bite the zombies to death as she shambles around aimlessly.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she either appear in one of these 3 ways.

1. Brief cameo in one of the episodes and disappears and not seen again.

2. She'll be a key part of the story at the end of the episodes which will probably end with her dying, because that's what Telltale does

3. The two people on the hill we saw at the end of episode 5 took Clementine to the camp mentioned at the end of 400 days and she'll be there from the onset.

We'll soon find out when the next season is released. They also said They'll explore what happened to Kenny. Goddammit he'd better not be a corpse like Carley/Doug was.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By xymox

Really depends on how they handle it and what part she plays. I also have to question why they're putting her there and how they're going to explain her survival to that point. Yes, I remember the ending of Season 1, but still.

I'm also not so sure about the "Older Clementine" thing. They pulled that stuff in Last of Us after the strongest video game opening of like ever, and the game suffered because of it I think. It's like well that happened, now 15 years later society is rebuilt thanks to martial law, three cheers for martial law! It's like, that initial moment of "oh shit, we're fucked" that's exciting, and it would have been nice to see how the main character actually coped with how fucked shit is in addition to

that thing what happened at the start of that game

@hailinel said:

So is this going to be another season of predictably expecting everyone but the little girl to get zombie-murdered?

Indeed, that kind of predictability is a valid concern as well, especially since they're bringing her back.

That said, it could be pretty fucked up if they had you kill zombie-cameo Clementine.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shortly after beating the game I believe I posted on here that if they don't ever tell me how she is or if she's alright I would burn down their offices. So somebody must be listening. Yeah I'm happy she's gonna be in the next game. If she's a zombie though...I'll burn telltale to the ground.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37 sweep  Moderator

I'm glad Kenny is coming back as well. I started out hating that guy but as the series went on I grew to genuinely appreciate his presence.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Telltale feel the need to make these details known? That would've been a cool surprise.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what's gonna happen is, you kill zombie clementine in the first episode, then Sean Vanaman pops up and shouts "IT'S ON NOW, SON!"

In all seriousness, This should either be a cameo, or have her grown up. If she heavily features in season 2 as a young girl, then it'll probably be too similar. But what do I know, they're the professionals.

I should really play 400 days.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By Humanity

I hope they'll also confirm better gameplay cause while the story was pretty good towards the end, playing that game was only average at best and it IS a game after all.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By colourful_hippie

@sweep said:

I'm glad Kenny is coming back as well. I started out hating that guy but as the series went on I grew to genuinely appreciate his presence.

Wait, there's a way for Kenny to stay alive...goddamn it, I knew I should have left Ben for dead.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@sweep said:

Wait, there's a way for Kenny to stay alive...goddamn it, I knew I should have left Ben for dead.

If you let Ben live, it's heavily implied that Kenny dies in episode 5 but I guess technically you never see a body. It still seems kind of weird that he would be alive though.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2 you play as a self-aware zombie who tries to seek redemption after eating Clementine. DRAMA.

Also, random question now that these games are a thing again: If I didn't much care for TWD game after the first two episodes, does that mean it's just not my thing, or does it get dramatically better in the back half?

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WarlordPayne

Season 2 you play as a self-aware zombie who tries to seek redemption after eating Clementine. DRAMA.

Also, random question now that these games are a thing again: If I didn't much care for TWD game after the first two episodes, does that mean it's just not my thing, or does it get dramatically better in the back half?

If the second episode didn't grab you then don't bother.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Having finished 400 Days I'm a little less excited about this game. I'm worried that a second time will be too much for this style of game. But we'll see. But Clementine being a part of the game is really a non-thing for me.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't want it to be a "3 years later" kinda thing or something. What I liked about that story was that surviving day to day was such a challenge. If Clementine survives on her own for an extended period of time... well that's a story that needs to be told. I don't see how they can just skip that.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Telltale need a new engine and that is all I have to say. I liked TWD, episode 2 was the highlight, and the rest of the time it was a little hit or miss imo, but man that game ran like shite at times. The image would freeze for a few seconds, because it was loading or something, but the audio would keep playing and it was just a mess.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Had absolutely no idea about Clem making an appearance for Season 2. It makes sense and I'd love to see the character return in some capacity. I'd hope that she's older though, or at the very least a substantial amount of time has passed since the end of season 1.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already said she'd be in season 2 months ago.