Just beat the final puzzle (Super Spoilers Regular Ending)

section09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By section09

So I have just completed the game. I was stuck in the mountain for awhile but with a little encouragement from brad on twitter I soldiered through after doing a bit of exploration elsewhere.

The final puzzle room before the outside water area with the cylindrical puzzles was a pretty cool idea, although I thought the real star of the mountain were the crazy colored puzzles as well as the dual path puzzle before the elevator.

It occurred to me after the final sequence that Mr. Blow has continued the 2015 tradition of making a game about making games. You spend your entire time on the island doing puzzles utilizing various concepts, you get near the end of your game and you are met with a ticking clock and finally sweet relief as you get to observe everything you have created until you are whisked away to the beginning to start a new game.

I'm not a game dev. but I do make stuff for a living and the frustration and eventual relief and joy really spoke to me. Now I think I'll take a break for awhile then hop back in and maybe do some of the environmental puzzles as well as finding the rest of the hexagon solutions so I can unlock all the movies in the cinema.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've reached this point too. I suspect that it's not really the final puzzle.

Might want to add something like "standard ending" to your title so that people aren't worried about getting spoiled for a secret ending by reading your post.

section09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris: Good looking out.

Yep I'm pretty sure that once you get every puzzle and extra puzzle something cool will happen but I'm definitely gonna take that slowly

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So, I just beat it on PC, and apparently the final autosave it did was past the "point of no return" so the closest save to the ending is 100 puzzles back. Did this happen for anyone else?

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RickRockmann

@beb: By that do you mean you were in the "elevator" and couldn't get out? You can open the doors again with those switches.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you listened to the bombcast at all you heard Brad talk about the Underground passageways he found across the island that he couldn't figure out how to get inside. I would recommend to not stop exploring until you've wrapped up that loose end, and until you've experienced the credits.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@bushpusherr: Does that require doing every single +1 puzzle?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bushpusherr: Does that require doing every single +1 puzzle?

Nope, as far as I've seen those have been completely a bonus thus far. I have yet to complete any of the obelisks as wholes, and I would be surprised if nothing happened when you got them all, however, they weren't required at all to see the credits or to get to the underground.