#1  Edited By petethepanda
ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ChrisTaran

More than I thought, but I also don't have a strong grasp on what the game is, so could totally be worth that. I was expecting around $20, so will probably hold off for a sale. Doesn't help that I think Braid is one my least favorite games on the 360.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

That seems like a fine price. it's the thought of a 70 hour puzzle game is what's putting me off of playing it.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome, I'm pretty sure I get more out of this game than most $60 games.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

The Talos Principle is listed on Steam for $39.99 right now so this seems reasonable, if it really turns out to be everything Johnathon Blow makes it out to be.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Given the talk of this game's length, I guess this isn't surprising.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'd almost certainly buy this even if it was priced at $60. I need to know first-hand what this game really is, and what Jonathan Blow has been doing all this time.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Can't wait.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm more disappointed it isn't coming to Xbox One after that ESRB rating......

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I thought it'd be 40$ (so 50€) if not more, so I'm a-okay with that price.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Without any damn clue what this game is, no price seems right to me until it's released.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm interested in it, but not $40 interested. I'll wait until it goes on sale.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By planetfunksquad

I'll probably pay that assuming it gets a positive reaction at release. I need to know what blow has been doing.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is puzzling right out of the gate, even it's price is a puzzle!

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@christaran: Hooray! I'm not alone in thinking Braid is rather... "Bleh".

But man, something about the mystery of what this game is makes me want to try it. Might wait for a Quick Look or something similar.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for Braid 2: Pigtails

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For how much content is in this game, I think that is totally fair. I can't wait to play this, hopefully it will run okay on my 560ti

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I don't know fully what this game is all about, but I've only heard how much content it's packed with. Hopefully it delivers.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Still have no idea what this is.

I'll wait, not that I necessarily think its too expensive. I just don't see too much yet that makes me super excited.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really interested in this game. I just beat Fez recently and I am chomping at the bit for more puzzles.

gregoryc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to jump in sight unseen - but at the $40 price I will wait for reaction from others before I buy it. $40 is a totally acceptable price for this game, however I really want to play Firewatch and if I was forced to only buy one I would wait to make a decision (oh who am I kidding, I'll totally buy both because I'm weak... and I gotta see what Thekla Inc. has been creating for all these years).

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm down with it. JB should ask a lot more for the game than most $15-$20 indie titles. Dude is a savant in terms of game design, has invested 7+ years of his life into this, and has been paying a team that whole time. The quality and innovation will surprise a lot of people. Myst and Riven were transformative experiences for me in terms of critical thinking and problem solving when I was like 11-14 or whatever; I fully expect this to be a similar level product.

PS I actually got my 4 year old The Manhole for iOS; high five to anyone who knows.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've been a bit sceptical of this price, but given how much I enjoyed The Talos Principle and the apparent length of this game I'm more then happy with this price. I will wait to make sure it's not horribly broken on release or something though.

BoZZ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That was what i expected! the wait has been to long :P

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is fair for what I hear about this game and it's been in development for like 5 years so I will happily pay 50$ for this (in Canada)

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By meptron

I'm not convinced that this game is going to be great, and $40.00 is too high for an impulse purchase to satisfy curiosity.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By petethepanda

@cale said:

John Bloman must think he can commit highway robbery and then evade the arm of the law man to charge such a fee. Lower it to $30 or no transaction, final warning.

This is conjuring up a mental image of Blow as a mustache-twirling Western villain. Old-timey piano as he's tying a wallet to the tracks, etc.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By davidh219

Way too expensive for what it seems to be. Had the same problem with The Talos Principle. Game looked great, but I was not prepared to pay 40 or even 30 bucks for it. I'll probably wind up doing the same thing and waiting for a great steam sale.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidh219: Too bad. You missed out on a fantastic game. The Talos Principle was an incredible experience.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good on em. I hope that it proves fruitful for all the hard long work.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poobumbutt: I really disliked Braid even though I appreciated what is was doing. That said, I'm really excited for the witness, I just want to finally see what it is!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sounds good, about what I expected. It'll take me forever to finish, so hopefully I'll be able to avoid people talking about its surprises.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what I expected and have prepared to pay. Cool.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ripelivejam

I kinda want to get it just cause blow sounds like a good guy and it really seems like he put his all into it. OTOH I have a damn helluva damn lot of games already yo. Most likely a matter of time either way.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Seems reasonable.

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By davidh219

@mach_go_go_go said:

@davidh219: Too bad. You missed out on a fantastic game. The Talos Principle was an incredible experience.

I didn't miss out. I just played through the whole game during December, when I bought it in a steam sale for like five bucks. And yes, it was an incredible experience. One of the best puzzle games I've played. Still not worth 40 bucks. 20 or 25 maybe, but certainly not 40.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That is almost 60 dollars Canadian. I would definitely like to play this game, but there is no chance I am purchasing at that price.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yeah, I'm good with that price. I'll have to hold off for now; too many games from last year to play.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sounds like a fair price, but I'll wait for reviews. I am hoping it's the kind of puzzle game that is tricky, but not impossible to get through; think Portal 2 or Anti Chamber, where you will hit something that stumps you, but after letting it sit in your head for a bit, you figure it out. I know he mentioned the game has a lot of optional puzzles, so I really hope the really hard stuff is off to the side.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's about what I expected, however I'm not dying to play a game like this so unless the reviews are amazing I'll wait for the game to go on sale. I just installed Talos Principle too so I have a ton of puzzle stuff to get into if I want.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm a big fan of Myst so I'm curious about this even if it is missing the best part of Myst - the crazy contraptions.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jump from Braid: The Cool and Complicated Platformer to The Witness: The Life-Changing Epic is too unprecedented for me to get anywhere near as hyped as the Universe wants me to be.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hell is up with people saying stuff like "no clue what this is?"

Ok....watch the trailer then? It's a very open ended(seemingly open world) puzzle game from Jonathan Blow. That's what it is.

Do you want a full detailed story? A demonstration of exactly what puzzles will be? That's obviously not something he wants to give away pre-release. If an open world artsy puzzle game doesn't interest you then don't get it but don't act like you have "no clue" what it is.

Anyway, this is an awesome price considering how extensive the content will be. Braid is an incredible game and I'm gonna pre order this ASAP

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I expected it to be 40 bucks anyway, so yay me?

Looks like $40 is the new premium-but-not-big-budget-AAA-but-get-hyped-anyways price point.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: It's more that he has stated in interviews that all the puzzles use the computer console mazes and there's no environmental interaction. That combined with the fact he says it's an extremely long game has people wondering what the game will actually be like. Is it going to be 80 hours of looking at the environment to work out an answer and then inputting it into an in-game computer? That doesn't sound compelling so I'm waiting for someone more straight talking than Blow to explain what the game actually is.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BananasFoster

People's relationship to game prices has gotten kind of insane, lately. It's as though people have now subscribed to the belief that the price of a game should be related the genre.

Personally I would rather pay $60 for a great puzzle adventure game than pay $60 for a FPS Set Piece "Rollercoaster" any day

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@bananasfoster said:

People's relationship to game prices has gotten kind of insane, lately. It's as though people have now subscribed to the belief that the price of a game should be related the genre.

Totally agree with you. This never used to the case and shouldn't be the case either. Developers put lots of hard work into these games and they often take at least a couple years to finish. I'm actually glad Steam seems to be slowly going away from as many crazy sales because it's just not really fair to developers and it's helped cause this reaction to game pricing.

I get if people want or need to wait for sales. I'm on a big budget with game spending these days. But to like be shocked at charging $40 for a full 3D puzzle/adventure game that supposedly has 80 hours of content, that's just a silly reaction.

Not that most reactions in here aren't reasonable but I just have had these discussions on game pricing before and that will quickly rear it's head.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

If it would've been under 25 euros, I'd probably have bought it blind on the release day. I'm still intrigued, but I definitely want to read and see some reactions and reviews first.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I would rather pay $60 for a great puzzle adventure game than pay $60 for a FPS Set Piece "Rollercoaster" any day

I was just thinking the same thing. He should have just modeled a pistol and some small enemies around the environment so he could charge an extra $20.