I want a new Theme Hospital

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was obsessed with this game back in the day. I remember cycling between Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper over and over again.

If there is one game that I could write a blank cheque for to get a good modern remake, it's this. Also dungeon keeper, but that's probably never going to happen. Some of the "spiritual successors" have been fine, but no where near the feeling of playing DK it DK2.

Who do I tweet at / camp outside their house to get a new Theme Hospital?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Download the old game on origin, and use the texture pack/update mod that makes it look good on current PCs. The best you're going to get.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By peritus

Yeah, that game was great. I dont think ik ever finished it, could barely read any english when i played it. But had a ton of fun with it anyway.

That and Theme park!

@splodge By the way, DK is free on Origin right now, if you dont already have it for modern pc's.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd be happy if Sony made the ps1 version available on the vita.

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It'd be remiss of me not to post this

or if you want to see the whole stream someone uploaded it in three parts starting with this

Loading Video...

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I didn't like Dungeon Keeper that much - the whole "You're the bad guy" trope never really did it for me, but Theme Hospital is one of the greatest games of all time. I could whistle the theme for you right now.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By splodge

I now know I am not alone in my pain. I don't know if I want a remake in the goofy style of the old game, or a gritty representation of the modern medical machine. Insurance ethics, religious considerations, dealing with influxes of patients from terrorist attacks or modern viral outbreaks... There are so many possibilities. I want.

russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theme Hospital was a really solid game, and stands up surprisingly well (I played several levels a couple of weeks ago).

I think what @splodge is suggesting (a modern day remake) would be a very different game tonally - a large part of Theme Hospital's charm is that it doesn't take itself at all seriously - but it could still make for an interesting game concept.