Anyone excited for this?

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From the PSVR livestream this game had me kind of intrigued. It's coming on the 13th on Steam for me and I think I might get it.

I've enjoyed stuff like Dyad and Audiosurf before, but I think the idea of bosses like this and the kind of harsh ramping up soundtrack is pretty neat.

Anyone else interested?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yuuuup, looking forward to it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It actually looks great. Maybe not what I would usually play, but I felt compelled to add it to my Steam wishlist after the PSVR stream.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah this looks so good. Love the percussive droning soundtrack and insane visuals. Will likely be a day-one buy for me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm excited for it, I love rhythm games and this has a really cool style and the percussion heavy soundtrack is really neat.

I'm not sure how well my older gaming laptop will handle it though.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: it doesn't look too complex to me. There's seem to be textures for some streaks and a few particle effects. The rest seems like pretty straightforward shading. I can't currently tell if the reflections on the beetle itself are real or a shader trick.

Sadly there are no minimum requirements on steam yet and their engine is custom(source: http://thumpergame.com/blog/2014/09/03/engine-tech-update) so it's hard to say at this point. Other blog posts on their site show them using an Alienware laptop to tour it. However for it to be 60fps in VR on a console it shouldn't be that demanding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@an_ancient: Yeah I wasn't sure but what you're saying sounds promising. Hopefully they'll release some requirements, otherwise I might just bite the bullet and buy it. I won't mind turning some settings down if I can just get it running at a solid 60.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just found this on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/356400/discussions/0/350543389019544760/

Price will be 19.99 USD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited but not 20€-excited. At 10€ or below this will be an instant buy.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Buying it Day 1 for both PS4 and PC. PS4 for the PS VR I'm getting and the PC version for long-term availability. Devs deserve it as this looks absolutely amazing to me.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've contacted the developers via Steam and they updated their store page with the following preliminary minimum specs.

• MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i3
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GTX 480 / AMD Radeon 7870
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Storage: 1400 MB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    • RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: Intel Core i7
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GTX 780 / Radeon R9 290X
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Storage: 1400 MB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By far the best game in the PSVR stream.

If exams weren't incredibly close I'd be buying this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@an_ancient:Awesome! Thanks for doing that. I have to say the recommended settings are a bit higher than I expected, but I should be good.

EDIT: Huh, I checked out the Steam store and it says the game will unlock in 14 hours. I thought release date was the 13th?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

soon...

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been looking forward to it for a long time now.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: Yeah they pushed in forward. Also they are citing that it runs "reasonably well" on a 2011 MacBook Pro. Another user Patrick from a swiss website indiegames.ch claims to have run it on a i3-3110M with Intel HD 4000 Graphics, thought couldn't verify the indentity of the person of validity of the claim. In any case, 3 more hours to go!

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@an_ancient: I am super excited about this knowing that its coming from Brian Gibson. From what Ive heard, it sounds unlike alot of other rhythm games and has alot more of an intense soundtrack. I am pretty sick of nearly all music games essentially being Dad Rock simulators. Thumper sounds like the band Fuck Buttons, which is a great marriage between sound and game mechanics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick wrote a neat little article (link)on Thumper over on Vice. Less than an hour now!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Humanity

I'm excited but I think $20 is a bit much for 9 stages but that whole conversation about the value of these smaller games is extremely tired by now since everyone has their own unique price points.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20 fisk0  Moderator

The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. I'll be picking it up for that alone, gameplay seems neat too, but it ain't no Skyroads.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Just saying, the game just got a surprise release on PS4 and steam. It's available now. I'm in Canada, don't know about the rest of the world.

The trophies don't seem to be working yet though.

Also, the stage are pretty long, 15-20 minutes depending on your skills.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Nux

It looks cool. If I had a way to play it I probably would.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently at Level 4, the switching of lanes gets kind of intense.
Really loving it so far. Trying to S rank everything is going to take a while.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By YummyTreeSap

This game fucking rules, holy shit.

auzurafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: don't assume it's super short just because the number of levels is 9. Each level is broken into sub levels, with everything past the first going into the 20s, and each of those sections have different lengths.

The game gets super tough by level 5, and even moreso by level 6, which is where I am at currently, with 3 hours played. I imagine my playtime will be around 5 or more hours total when I finally get through them all. And this game is highly replayable in a guitar hero sort of way. There is a leaderboard for each level as well as for the whole campaign.

It's worth 20 bucks for the production quality alone. It is super smooth looking, the music is great, and the game itself is intense. It is constantly ramping up from the get go, to the point that level 1 probably looks mind numbingly slow compared to how fast later levels are. Worth every penny.

katiedey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this game is AMAZING

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not avaliable on EU PSN yet it seems, guess we'll have to wait untill 13th. But man this game looks amazing!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@tussler said:

Not avaliable on EU PSN yet it seems, guess we'll have to wait untill 13th. But man this game looks amazing!

Yah pretty lame. I was going to get this as opposed to Mafia 3 in order to tide myself over until Titanfall 2 as @auzurafi convinced me that the game might have legs worth the 20 bones. Yet once again living in Europe makes you feel like a second class citizen when it comes to gaming.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy balls. I'm so bad at it and I love it! I've played stuff like Dyad, Bit Trip Runner and Audiosurf, but none of them felt like this. The way things come at me psyche me out and makes it really feel like more of a boss battle. Can't wait to get good at this, but I enjoy sucking at it too.