Where is the Smart Pistol?

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I'm that guy. I don't exclusively use the smart pistol but I sure do enjoy it. I've read that its in here somewhere but I can't find it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its in the campaign, I have yet to play any multiplayer so I dont know if it's an unlock or something. (I hope not I hated that thing)

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

In multiplayer, there are abilities that you gain access to once your Titanfall meter has reached a certain level. You get to pick one before the match, and they're things like ampped weapons, or those little explosive robots. Once you unlock it, the smart pistol is one of those. You can only use it once you've gained enough Titanfall meter, and it's only good for a few uses.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mars

Is it like a perk that I would equip to a class? I didn't know I could choose; I thought amped weapons was just what it was. Edit: Is it where it gives me an option to press X before a match?

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@spaceinsomniac: That sounds like a pretty good way to keep it included in the game and not have it run rampant like it did in the first Titanfall.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

In multiplayer, there are abilities that you gain access to once your Titanfall meter has reached a certain level. You get to pick one before the match, and they're things like ampped weapons, or those little explosive robots. Once you unlock it, the smart pistol is one of those. You can only use it once you've gained enough Titanfall meter, and it's only good for a few uses.

You mean its use is super limited?

Thank fucking Christ! The smart pistol singlehandedly fucking ruined Titanfall 1 for me, to the point where I wasn't even going to buy Titanfall 2 because I was so bummed out about the smart pistol in the first game. I hated that thing with a passion.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's called a boost and I think you get it at rank 36 or 42, or something high like that. That gun is super fun in the single player.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@justin258 said:
@spaceinsomniac said:

The smart pistol singlehandedly fucking ruined Titanfall 1 for me, to the point where I wasn't even going to buy Titanfall 2 because I was so bummed out about the smart pistol in the first game. I hated that thing with a passion.

Yeah, it's definitely limited in this game. You get 12 bullets, and a lock-on kill requires 3, so you can use it 4 times per activation, assuming you don't miss a shot. I believe it's accessible at 60 percent of your Titanfall meter. In addition, it takes the place of your secondary weapon, so you can't use an anti-titan weapon if you're using it. You also have to pass on using some other neat boosts in order to use it. To give you an idea, here's the full list:

Loading Video...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm not gonna get this because of the lack of smart pistol

pmavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, screw the haters, the Smart Pistol was fine in Titanfall 1. Especially for those of us who don't really play Call of Duty-esque shooters where both the allies and enemies all look almost exactly similar, it was the only way I was actually able to play the game. It was *really* hard to actually get a full lock on a player that was fully using all the mobility options the game gave you.

The old shotguns were vastly more obnoxious.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DharmaBum

@pie said:

I'm not gonna get this because of the lack of smart pistol

The campaign has you covered, homie.

It's only one section as far as I know, but I don't want to give too much away.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed using the Smart Pistol's capability to lock onto grenades more than locking onto heads. Throwing a grenade into a window where I know a guy was hiding out and shooting it the moment it entered the building never got old.

thisisdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a perk.