Did the guys ever talk about "To the Moon"?

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Question in title.

I just finished it earlier today (pretty damn incredible) and I'm hoping I'll catch a bombcast or something somewhere where they guys discuss it.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex brought it up in one of the Game of the Year deliberations, but none of the other guys played it, so it was shot down pretty quickly. I never watched Scoops and the Wolf, but maybe they brought it up again there?

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thatpinguino  Staff

I think Patrick or Alex might have talked about it once, but they never seem to discuss the stories of indie games. So I don't think they really said much about it given that the game is 90% story.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Alex has mentioned it a few times. I also wrote a blog about it a long time ago.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@pierre42: Moved to the To The Moon forum. Please try and keep all threads in their relevant forums. Thanks!

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw

Thanks sorry for the hassle.

Also thanks for the heads up, it's a shame few of them talked about it. It was such a wonderful experience and it tackles some interesting issues that frankly I'm surprised Patrick especially wouldn't have picked this one up.

Gah even reflecting on it is shaking me in hindsight but good on Alex for giving it a look.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

Alex mentioned liking it...If you mean me though, i thought the story was charming and the gameplay was obnoxious, so there ya go.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Alex reviewed it

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

They don't generally go in-depth on discussing games like this one because it's a small piece and they'd basically have to spoil the whole story since that is the only reason to play it. There's really no reason for them to do that, and even a quick look could not do the game any good because there isn't much mechanically to show and the game is about story so it would only really be spoilers for what is mostly a fairly short experience.

But ya, Alex reviewed it here. I think that's more than fair for covering this particular game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

I wish they would do a premium podcast that is just a 20-40 minute spoiler cast of story-focused games. They haven't done one since like Portal 2 or BioShock Infinite or something? I guess a lot of those conversations just happen in the office, so they'd have to go out of their way to not share opinions until the podcast.

I'd honestly kinda prefer that sort of bonus video game podcast more than what they're currently doing. It sorta bums me out that so many of the premium podcasts are non-video games, though Danswers is great. Can't say I get around to listening to the wrestling, movie, or F1 podcasts.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@bisonhero: Oddly enough I actually created a podcast last week with that idea as the core premise. A few friends and I all play a game every two weeks and then discuss it like you would a book in a book club. I don't post the thing to the forums due to the GB self promotion policy, but it does go up on my personal blog if that's something you're interested in. The first episode is on Shadow of the Colossus (we discuss things like themes, philisophical ideas, and game design concepts so things without elaborate plots are still covered) and next week will be Psychonauts followed by Fallout 3. I want to do To the Moon in a few weeks because I haven't had a chance to play it yet and I could really use an excuse to bust it out. I've heard nothing but good things.