Leaked The Division PC Gameplay - Watch it while its still up!

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on mobile atm and can't watch, can you add some impressions to your post?

Specifically does it look fun.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

It looks like a PC game from five years ago, maybe even farther back than that. I know graphics aren't everything, but damn, it looks rough. When I saw the Xbox One version I thought it looked bad, but I chalked that up to it being on a console. Yikes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@paulmako: It's honestly nothing we haven't seen before. Guy runs through the city doing what appears to be throwaway side missions. The first is "Assaulting a Stronghold" which turns out to be nothing more than shooting a bunch of similar looking NPC's in a garage and then looting 3 bags. Then he shoots some guys in a coffee shop and lets some civilians out of a locked room. The shooting appears fine and since he is playing solo the enemies appear to be going down really quickly.

It looks alright but I am getting really uncomfortable Destiny flashbacks with all the numbers popping up. Despite what everyone says I didn't think the shooting was that engaging in Destiny. Headshots were satisfying but thats about it. It's not like you could shoot a gun out of someones hand or whatever. Numbers popped up, you held down the trigger, thats the game. Division looked like it could have been a really interesting game about exploring a city after a major socio-economic breakdown. From everything they've shown so far it's going to be a game about checking off mindless side objectives and exchanging a backpack +18 for a backpack +19 in the process.

Awesome for people who either didn't play Destiny or like that sort of stuff; real bummer for me personally. Once in a while I still get to thinking about getting my old Destiny group back together so we can play this as a team, but then I dunno. I guess I expected more, which is the story of this generation so far.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Hunh. That didn't look too bad. The military-type voice over is kinda annoying, but the gunplay and movement looked alright. Better than that Angry Joe video in the other thread.

The whole proper scale digital piece of New York or wherever will probably be neat, but I'm still not seeing anything to really pull me in. Could be fun for a bit I guess.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really hope this game turns out good, but nothing I've seen so far is doing it for me.

This video just makes me want a new Freedom Fighters.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ripelivejam

Brad's GOTY 2016 (i keed...?)

That said I will admit to being a huge fan of seeing numbers fly off dudes.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That looks rough and kinda boring. If that's what the game is... We're looking at Destiny 2.0 here.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's like a little bit of gears, borderlands and the last of us thrown together.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As we all know, New York is just a series of block-shaped objects.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the most flattering look at the game here.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like the removal of the newer graphical tech has again been across the board regardless of platform capabilities. Par for the course at Ubisoft.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mike
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: The photoshop is strong with this one

crow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks like a solid shooter with some RPG mechanics. Nothing fancy, but this is hardly a giant bomb quick look where the guys are showing you what the game is. This is a random 5 min clip of solo gameplay. Not much to go on one way or another.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want you all to pretend Henry Rollins is PR for Ubisoft graphics department.

Loading Video...
doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well, this sure looks thoroughly unimpressive. I have not been following this game much at all, but I definitely remember being impressed by it during the E3 showing(s). Granted, however, I thought Watch_Dogs was impressive, and look how that turned out. This looks to have a lot of Destiny hooks, which really preys on peoples natural addiction to loot (it gets its hooks into all/most of us, I know I'm incredibly susceptible to it). Not that there's anything really wrong with that. I just wonder if we're starting to see a trend of MMO-esque shooters with solid shooting mechanics, but lacking in all other aspects, such as content, world building, and narrative.

Graphically, yes I agree, this looks incredibly bland. Do we know what settings this footage is running on? I hope this is medium, because otherwise, yeesh.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's tons of footage out on YouTube, it's all Xbox one and it looks fine, your looking at a compressed video remember.

As far as how it plays, it's been said that it's way more rpg first and shooter second. There seems to be a lot more going on stats wise than in a game like destiny. Also the loot variety looks way better and then the world itself is a cohesive open environment which should go a long way toward helping set a tone and whatnot

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Can't quite tell with that first image, but the second image is definitely a concept art. I'm surprised they didn't just keep using this

No Caption Provided
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pyrodactyl

@brotherbran said:

There's tons of footage out on YouTube, it's all Xbox one and it looks fine, your looking at a compressed video remember.

As far as how it plays, it's been said that it's way more rpg first and shooter second. There seems to be a lot more going on stats wise than in a game like destiny. Also the loot variety looks way better and then the world itself is a cohesive open environment which should go a long way toward helping set a tone and whatnot

I'm not sure how much RPG elements you can have in this modern setting where you fight dudes with guns the whole time. Some of the best part of RPGs in general and Destiny in particular are the elaborate boss fights that really push the mechanics. What is a boss fight in the division? A big guy with a minigun, flamthrower or rocket launcher? That would be both silly and not that interesting from a mechanics standpoint.

I guess it's still wait and see with this game but I'm not sure I want to collect loot and level a character in a game where you go from fighting dudes in hoodies to dudes in armor.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i don't think it looks bad at all

it's not like they originally showed, but it's not this ugly mess people are making it out to be. i actually think it looks pretty nice. also we don't know the settings this was being run on, or the specs of the PC etc.

the most important thing about this thread, though, is that apparently the dailymotion player isn't a burning pile of shit any more

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I assume you mean the raids specifically, as literally 99% of the content in destiny could be described as going from fighting enemies with no shields to fighting enemies with shields. I think the mechanical fun will come from your abilities being way more important than in destiny, yes you could have all damage abilities and it wouldn't be much different but there are also passives and things that change the way you play your character.

I think a lot of people are not going to be able to deal with how much of an rpg this game actually is specifically because the setting. Yea there are going to be enemies that don't look or act that different but because a number above their head they will take a lot more damage. There are "bosses" that 3-4 players dump tons of rounds into, and it's a little odd visually for sure.

But this game appears to have meangiful stats, meaningful gear, meaningful perks, and even passives.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I think so? That's the initial reveal I'm pretty sure.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

When he releases the civilians and they just strut out... the only interaction with them was some guy saying "you just made a friend for life..." while he wasn't even on screen... that was sort of cringe worthy. Shooting looks good but everything around it seems, I don't know, bland.

superscatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By superscatman

here are those 2 shots in 4k

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OurSin_360

@mike said:

I was just reading a recent article over at PC Gamer where the author discusses impressions of the PC version, and these are the two "screenshots" they used. I think these are from many months ago, maybe around E3 or even earlier.

http://www.pcgamer.com/tom-clancys-the-division-impressions-from-the-pc-build/

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lets be real guys, we can't judge pc graphcs off of leaked footage. Who knows what settings/configs/ type of System this person is even playing on. We don't even know what build, this could be alpha test footage at ultra low settings at 720p.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are gonna be real we can probably exclude it being ultralow at 720p. Not that it matters very much becouse the PC settings doesnt do very much these days for console ports. On Pc you get what they have on the consoles with higher res/fps and a filter or two.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we'll all know for sure in about five days once everyone is playing the beta. However, I'd put money on this game not looking much better, if at all, than this video.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The world looks interesting to explore, and loot is always a good thing. I couldn't help but wonder if the weapons being used were purposely buffed or something. Without any idea of the scale, 2000+dps seems like a lot? Those enemies dropped extremely quickly.

Looking forward to playing the beta soon.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@mike said:

Well we'll all know for sure in about five days once everyone is playing the beta. However, I'd put money on this game not looking much better, if at all, than this video.

Even then the beta won't have full resolution textures and all graphics options enabled.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:
@mike said:

Even then the beta won't have full resolution textures and all graphics options enabled.

When did Ubisoft come out and say that?

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By atomicoldman

Am I the only one who feels like this should have been released a while ago? I keep forgetting it's not actually out.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe its just because the witcher 3 is a faint memory and ive been playing fallout 4, and just cause 3 but that footage looks pretty damn good compared to those games.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe its just because the witcher 3 is a faint memory and ive been playing fallout 4, and just cause 3 but that footage looks pretty damn good compared to those games.

Since The Division and The Witcher 3 are both third person games, I suppose one could compare the graphics directly...although, maybe it has been too long since you played it?

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of those cases where I honestly don't care all that much about graphical fidelity I just wanted the gameplay to be good. When I watched that leaked footage I know the first thing I thought wasn't "oh man look at those textures" but more like "oh man.. this gameplay looks like a bummer." I mean don't get me wrong, I sure do enjoy a nice looking game, but as this generation drags itself along the floor with underwhelming releases that not only fail to do anything new but aren't even that great at doing what games have been doing for the past couple of years I've started looking past graphics a whole lot more.

Swimteampie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks a whole lot less bullet-spongy than any of the other recent gameplay videos.
I guess it scales enemy HP with number of players? The other videos have had 3-4 players.

Also I belive that's my man Garrus Vakarian on the radio.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mike: To be honest, both games look fantastic. I really like the look of The Division. Especially the lighting and all the details (those guys sure made a hell of a lot of assets to scatter across the ground).

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

"oh man.. this gameplay looks like a bummer."

This has been my thinking every since this game was shown for the first time. I honestly have no idea why people have been so excited for it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Did you SEE him close that door?! I'm from New York so maybe that played into it but I guess I just wanted a Last of Us that played better and was more action oriented. The idea of exploring a ruined New York that isn't demolished because of an alien attack or something seemed really cool. Alas.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ubisoft's rendition of a car for Watchdogs, The Crew, and now The Division:

No Caption Provided

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Tennmuerti

@humanity said:

@baronsamedi: Did you SEE him close that door?! I'm from New York so maybe that played into it but I guess I just wanted a Last of Us that played better and was more action oriented. The idea of exploring a ruined New York that isn't demolished because of an alien attack or something seemed really cool. Alas.

Yep honestly the whole one man army guy running around mowing down dozens of people he just met in seconds doesn't do a whole lot for their survival angle, ha. I guess this sort of thing works fine in Destiny or Borderlands where your guns and abilities have a fantastical spin on them, or CoD where you are meant to be the macho rambo guy in a game version of a micheal bay movie. But all their carefully staged demos with squads of people moving oh so slowly and being oh so precious and atmosphere went out the window in 5 seconds flat as soon as combat started in this video.

ooooh outdoor gloves in that bag! ... never mind the 6 or so bodies outside (or the shopping malls, or the whole city for that matter) >.> I don't know it just all seems so silly in a visually "grounded" setting.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I totally get the "what Division promised to be sounded really cool" angle. But the second that debut game play trailer stopped being a visual showcase (that had expected downgrade written all over it) and started being an actual game play showcase that all fell out the window. The first thing was a straight up enemy closet followed by some incredibly limp looking shooting.

I feel like Ubisoft is the king of wasted potential.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@mike said:
@bollard said:
@mike said:

When did Ubisoft come out and say that?

They didn't, but I'm yet to see a beta that has done. "Not representative of final product" and saving on bandwidth means they won't want to push gigabytes of high res textures on people.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Rainbow Six Siege...the beta looked exactly like the final game. Also Ubisoft, and recent.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5

@humanity said:

Yep honestly the whole one man army guy running around mowing down dozens of people he just met in seconds doesn't do a whole lot for their survival angle, ha. I guess this sort of thing works fine in Destiny or Borderlands where your guns and abilities have a fantastical spin on them, or CoD where you are meant to be the macho rambo guy in a game version of a micheal bay movie. But all their carefully staged demos with squads of people moving oh so slowly and being oh so precious and atmosphere went out the window in 5 seconds flat as soon as combat started in this video.

ooooh outdoor gloves in that bag! ... never mind the 6 or so bodies outside (or the shopping malls, or the whole city for that matter) >.> I don't know it just all seems so silly in a visually "grounded" setting.

Yah you actually touch on a really good point and something that I failed to somehow put into words - the part about slowly moving around. I think that more than anything was what set my expectations for the game. The way their original E3 demo made it seem like a survival setting, where they're almost whispering because you never know whats around the corner. That whole dog and pony show really made me believe this would be a game of exploration and discovery with unique events and locations. The moment I saw it would be clearing out garage, ahem I mean "stronghold" 5/100 ..man.. the feeling of all my hopes and dreams deflating was almost tangible.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: yea I beat it really quick and never went back. My 970 also couldn't hold 60 on those settings but it doesn't hold a candle as I suspected, but compared to other recent releases the video looks on par-plus it's multiplayer that's kinda different from anything recent

@humanity

You guys are crazy I'm so glad they didn't go the survival route, I've played a lot of those kinds of games and they all fucking suck.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it seems ok.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I watched some more Beta gameplay of a guy streaming it on YouTube and...

I'm back on-board...? I dunno it looked a lot more interesting this time around and the atmosphere seemed really cool. Not sure how long it will last.