This comes out in ten days...

• 58 results
JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

Little to no fanfare at all for this, and I don't think that's a good sign at all. Maybe Metal Gear and Mario Maker have overshadowed it a bit already, but is it safe to assume that this game probably won't be all that great?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

It's going to be a full retail release. I'm pretty sure that revelation makes THPS 5 dead in the water.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I dislike that this is £45 or something on PSN.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Steadying

I was excited when I heard this would be a full-priced retail release. To bad the actual content they've shown us doesn't at all seem to live up to that.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I loved the THPS games but I'm gonna wait and see on this one. I won't be surprised if it sucks but I am still hoping for another good THPS game and it would be awesome if this game turned out to be good, seemingly against all odds.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You don't how much I wish this game turns out to be awesome, but everything we've seen so far looks bad to mediocre at best so I'm not even remotely surprised Activision isn't getting behind it in a big way.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Robomodo has tried to make a good Tony hawk game 3 times before THPS 5 . So far, all of them are seen as bad. I don't have much hope for this.

TheConArtist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've considered it for old times sake at $20, but $60 makes it an immediate no. Nothing about how the gameplay looks excites me in a 2015 gaming world

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not really excited for this considering who is making it.

I think it's a shame they're the ones making a new proper sequel to this series.

As you can tell I have very low expectations. I have no faith in this developers ability to make this a good, or even fun, game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

If you're wondering why there isn't fan fare you must have ignored how this series has sucked for a while. This game may be pretty good but the lack of fanfare is not surprising in the least.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say I look forward to picking it up on sale and then I remembered this is an Activision game so the best it's going to be is about 25% off in two years time.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a brand new Tony Hawk with perfect tight controls, great level design, and some of that tongue in cheek humor that added more to the first set of games than most people realize. A great soundtrack wouldn't hurt either but is negotiable in the age of podcasts.

Nothing indicates that that's what this is.

Game journalists won't say bad things about a game they preview before it's out because it's unfair to attack a game that isn't finished; instead they just won't talk about the events where they saw it.

nobody is talking about this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems bad. Hoping like hell it's good.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

GoodlyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've got a feeling that it's going to be a pile of crap, and I really wish I didn't have this feeling because I really enjoyed the previous games in the Pro Skater series.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So there is no PC version of this? I might have considered it on the PC just to see what crazy (copyright-infringing) content the modding community might make. Besides, who are we kidding? It'd be half price by Black Friday.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm excited enough to have it in my Gamefly Q.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

For all the audacity of calling this Pro Skater 5, it sure doesn't look very good.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen what they've showed of the game? Of course there's no fanfare.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Way too much money, besides, I only really liked the THUG series.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Putting this out as a full retail game is nuts, especially in 2015. I'm curious if it winds up with any redeeming qualities at all, or if this is the last whimper of the arcade sports title for another four to five years.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamespot got a multiplayer trailer.

The people who are controlling this trailer have no idea how to play THPS games. You don't go up a quarter pipe, pull one simple trick and come back down. You go up, start spinning and doing as many tricks as you can before you come back down landing in a grind that you then twist between different grinds before popping off, spinning kickflips into a manual that you then ride all the way to the next grindable object.

No wonder it looks dull when they're playing it the way they are.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best case scenario: this sells like gangbusters and EA gets off its lazy arse and makes Skate 4

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best case scenario: this sells like gangbusters and EA gets off its lazy arse and makes Skate 4

If only.

Aren't the Skate guys busy making hubcaps for the next Need for Speed DLC?

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiplayer sounds fun. Just you and some buds doing tricks around one park. That's the only part that sounds exciting.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the game to be good but I just don't think it will be. Most of the trailers they have shown seem more interested in taking to pro skaters than actually showing the game.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiplayer sounds fun. Just you and some buds doing tricks around one park. That's the only part that sounds exciting.

That part sounds great but not $60 great.

At least re-release them on current gen platforms. Those games are so good.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's how skate handled the multiplayer, right? You could free roam and if someone was pulling a decent line you could stop and admire. I just want this to feel right.

TheRikerLean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still love playing my gamecube copy of thps3 but damn this thread is making me yearn for a skate 4. That does not bode well for thps5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea35e2382c82
deactivated-5ea35e2382c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish said:

The people who are controlling this trailer have no idea how to play THPS games. You don't go up a quarter pipe, pull one simple trick and come back down. You go up, start spinning and doing as many tricks as you can before you come back down landing in a grind that you then twist between different grinds before popping off, spinning kickflips into a manual that you then ride all the way to the next grindable object.

I think that's a really good explanation as to why it looks so lifeless, honestly the movement looks like it might be okay? There's so little footage of the actual game in the trailers and I haven't heard of anyone playing it from any major conventions, by all indications they aren't showing a whole lot of confidence about this project.

The fact that it's coming in at $60 doesn't make any sense to me either, even HD was around $15 or so (low enough for me to feel okay about trying it). I feel like I don't see Activision games lowering in price as quickly as other products either.

Looking forward to seeing the quick look for the game though, if it winds up being terrible it might make for an alright video.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Man, can't believe this comes out in 6 days. I remember enjoying my time renting THPS3 and 4 for my Gamecube. Really hope this game ends up being alright, even though all signs are pointing the other way based on what's been shown off.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the video is definitely not how I played THPS. Popping off as many tricks each jump before revert manualling into another jump, or manual into grinds and kick/heelflips constantly (I always preferred street rather than vert). Man, I haven't said those words in a long time.

If you're not frantically popping off tricks and almost eating pavement each time, it's not THPS. I hope it's good, because I had so much fun with them.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@oscar__explosion said:

It's going to be a full retail release. I'm pretty sure that revelation makes THPS 5 dead in the water.

Oh.

Yea, yeah that does.

20-40 €/$ would've been alright if actual gameplay footage holds up, but that way, nah.

As much as i loved Pro Skater 2,3 and 4 (Project 8 was alright too, THUG 1 was really fun with it's cliched 80ies ish storyline, but sort of bland in terms of levels), every game since 3 was already a hard sell for me personally because i don't consider these games to be THAT feature-rich (not for the lack of trying, to be fair) and in 2015 with boatloads of backlog, i doubt this game could grab me as much as it once did (especially since everything about it looked somewhat underwhelming till now).

....Also i'm not really thrilled to throw money at Activision these days, and my tolerance is already stretched very thin should Transformers Devastation turn out to be good (trying it at gamescom left me with mixed feelings)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Yeah. Skate was a game you could just surf around in looking for places to pull tricks off in. Tony Hawk was the game you defied physics with.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capum15: Yeah. Skate was a game you could just surf around in looking for places to pull tricks off in. Tony Hawk was the game you defied physics with.

Yeah, Skate always seemed neat but never interested me much compared to Tony Hawk, simply because of that last bit. You could do some crazy awesome stuff and get stupid air almost everywhere, or just grind and manual for like 10 minutes straight.

The soundtrack was also great.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ttocs

I didn't even realize this was a thing until I saw it in the PS store. I watched the trailer and holy crap it looks horrible. It looks like a 360 era game. How are they selling this for full retail?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BradBrains

its totally gonna suck.

but I'm waiting and I'm gonna try to give it the benefit of the doubt when it comes out

if its tony hawk hd but with new stuff i won't be surprised but ill be disappointed. its its a prettier version of the first 4 games with the same feel i will buy it

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A small ray of hope, looks pretty smooth going off this footage, for brett's sake I hope this game is good, all signs point to this being garbage though.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#42  Edited By mike

Pro Skater 5 has 2/5 written all over it. I hope I'm wrong, but man, this looks bad.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i feel really bad for all the skaters in this game. they put that video out a couple months ago with them all saying how excited they were to be in the Tony Hawk game and how it meant so much to them when they were younger and stuff. its like, you gotta feel for these folks who achieve this big dream, only for them to end up in the worst (and probably last) game.

but empathy isnt enough to make me play this, unfortunately.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I still think this game looks real good idk

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

That clueless gamer sealed it, it looks like garbage. Literally, it looks like complete shit, the animations are terrible and the gameplay looks janky as hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce1c35b3839a
deactivated-5ce1c35b3839a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• comes out in 5 days
  • still no marketing

>always ends super well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That clueless gamer sealed it, it looks like garbage. Literally, it looks like complete shit, the animations are terrible and the gameplay looks janky as hell.

Sounds like they're bringing it back to the old school style.

I loved the old games, but they were poorly animated and janky as hell.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@horseman6: When I was watching the Clueless Gamer I couldn't help but notice that in the 8 minutes of that segment they seemed to do everything possible to not show the game. Not even a picture in picture which they've done before for other segments. Nearly 9 minutes long and there must be about 50 seconds of actual game play.

DekuShrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am willing to sacrifice goats and or other livestock if it meant that this game would be good, but I'm afraid that might not happen.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willing to stop the bus they're throwing it under. If you're going to give this a full release, support it like one. Heck, they could've given it the Sierra logo and a £30 price tag and probably would've gone for it.