Enjoy!

cakesmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cakesmash

Is the Club Room for this not public? I'm on the Standard version and it's giving me the "upgrade to Club edition" splash screen when I try to join the Club's room. I know that joining the Club itself would require the upgrade, but Standard should be able to join a public Club Room.. right?

edit: Or maybe Club Rooms are inherently not public? And public rooms are something else entirely? How do they make this aspect of the game even worse?

edit2: Yes, it looks like Club Rooms are indeed not public. Jesus christ.

Oh, also: There is no "upgrading" it seems. I paid the $9.99 for Standard and the price for Club in my Ubi store is still $29.99 / $59.99

wunderkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the Club Rooms are not public, you can still find the Giantbomb public room to play on by scrolling through the horrible server list: "Giant Bomb Sum 2020"

I believe though that private rooms can be created in the club that you won't be able to join.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cakesmash: Man it's insane there isn't an upgrade path. Guess I won't be joining the Club since I also got standard.

BobaTrainwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: from what i've read on either the subreddit or official discord (can't remember which), you can buy a year of Club and they'd transfer your standard to 4 extra months of Club, so you'd get 1.33 years of Club at that point. I find Ubisoft has responsive customer service, so you could reach out to them to ask if you do want to switch to Club and want to make certain what I say is true (I'm just taking the word of strangers online to be true).

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Uh, I played a bunch in the Giant Bomb Sum 2020 room and thought even with a standard I could go where most GB players will be. Not that it changes that much, but I know I will avoid most toxicity there and that the players will mostly be into Trackmania as it is meant to be played, meaning with atrocious music and too many overlays.

Curious to see how it will evolve, I'd love to play with the GB community but it will depends on if there is public rooms or not.

hkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way we can get more tracks into the Giant Bomb room? The summer 2020 tracks are already wearing thin on me.

Tzarscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could we also raise the time limit from 5 min to 7:30?

Ceramicsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you need club level access to play on the private club servers?

BobaTrainwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ceramicsteve: I would expect you'd need club access and to be allowed in a club to play on a private club server. You'd only need standard access to play on a public club server.

nawaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Could we also raise the time limit from 5 min to 7:30?

Yeah I'm gonna second that

sa_drone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way for whoever made the Giant Bomb club to make the club room public? As much as I'm enjoying the actual gameplay of new Trackmania, I ain't shelling out for club-level access for it just to hear GOOD LUCK, HAFF FUN every time a map loads.

yusba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Club Room for this not public? I'm on the Standard version and it's giving me the "upgrade to Club edition" splash screen when I try to join the Club's room. I know that joining the Club itself would require the upgrade, but Standard should be able to join a public Club Room.. right?

edit: Or maybe Club Rooms are inherently not public? And public rooms are something else entirely? How do they make this aspect of the game even worse?

Oh, also: There is no "upgrading" it seems. I paid the $9.99 for Standard and the price for Club in my Ubi store is still $29.99 / $59.99

From Trackmania's site FAQ:

If I want to upgrade from Standard Access to Club Access before the end of my 1-year period, do I have to pay for a complete access ? You will have to buy a whole access, but you will be compensated with additional months in your Club Access depending on how many months you had left in your previous access.

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Both the 'Giant Bomb sum 2020' and the 'Unofficial Classic' room are available publicly, but you have to search under the 'Live' tab, not in the 'Club' tab. Also it seems like they are case sensitive, because of course they are

Avatar image for fluffynutkicker
fluffynutkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these servers working properly? All the music is what I assume is the basic in game music. There doesn't appear to be a custom song playlist or anything. Do I need to turn something on?