Sharing Car Skins

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hey all, as I went for the club edition I thought I'd make use of the custom skins tools (challenging) to make some GB themed skins. I've popped them on the Giant Bomb Club but thought it might be good to start a forum post for others that might want to share their stuff.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm no designer but I'm having fun, so I was also looking for some more GB themes to do (think people, features, moments) if anyone has suggestions?

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice work! How hard was it to use the skin editor?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stantongrouse

@theoracleofgame: It's very much like Forza but without as much intuitive menu work (funny that a Trackmania menu is challenging). The pain is uploading all the various images to use as stickers in the right folder in the Trackmania file. But once the faff of that is done it's quite quick to piece it together.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@stantongrouse Gotcha. I dabbled in Forza, but bounced off trying to make custom skins in TM2 due to the aformentioned challenging menus. Folder stuff doesn't sound bad, though, already had to learn how those worked for club images and such. I'll give it a whirl.

devoidcheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

@stantongrouse: nice work. Do you need to have the $30 version to download the sweet skins. I have the $9.99 version

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devoidcheeks: Yeah, it's unfortunate that the custom skins are only for the club level. The skins was a bigger draw to the Club level for me than the Clubs themselves in the end. I wasn't going to get club, but in a small, kind of sad way, I realised just how much I use custom paint things in racing games. Really hoping there is an update so that non club users can pick selected ones for use maybe after a time-based, or unlocked with medals or something.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For today's project I used the Game Tapes Series logo and colours for a skin. A skin a day keeps the madness away... ...or at bay, at the very least.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@devoidcheeks: Yeah, it's unfortunate that the custom skins are only for the club level. The skins was a bigger draw to the Club level for me than the Clubs themselves in the end. I wasn't going to get club, but in a small, kind of sad way, I realised just how much I use custom paint things in racing games. Really hoping there is an update so that non club users can pick selected ones for use maybe after a time-based, or unlocked with medals or something.

I'm totally fine with them going to a subscription model, but one of the things that still makes me hesitant to pay for this is that by locking custom skins behind a paywall it basically kills any hope of custom car models being allowed in the future (since it could allow an avenue for people to have custom skins without paying).

Kinda bummed, I loved jumping into a Trackmania server and seeing everyone driving anything from a Mercedes to a Sonic the Hedgehog.

I hope that when they add mod support as part of the Club access it does enough to make this Trackmania actually feel like a Trackmania...

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: I've already seen a few people rocking experimentally looking frames of other car types so I don't think it'll be long before Sonic and Thomas the Tank Engine are ripping down the track.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Old Games and Murder Island editions today. Added to the Jeff saluting GB club and my Ed Traxler's Skins thingy.

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By savutano

They're all awesome, but two is my go-to. 3am on the back fin of that one is so dope. The kerbal and game tapes ones are just so cool, too. Well done.

Edit: You posted two new ones as I was making my comment, also slick. I need to save them now.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savutano: Cheers duder! This is all building up to the skill required to try and approximate Jeff stream screen madness.

nawaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was rocking the 3 am boys for a while and I love the Game Tapes one! Keep em coming!

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Exquisite Corps today, going for a lighter coloured theme. Not too sure whether this is too understated, maybe Ranking of Fighters next to go a bit more flashy.

@nawaba thanks, it's nice to set a small daily task that isn't to do with the pretty amazingly terrible world out there. Gotta love them games.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@bollard: I've already seen a few people rocking experimentally looking frames of other car types so I don't think it'll be long before Sonic and Thomas the Tank Engine are ripping down the track.

Great news!

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ranking of Fighters skin today, didn't end up as bright as I had thought but looks okay on the track.

I also started to try and look to do some based around consoles and computers I've owned. First up the Tatung Einstein, a rather little know system I might have only had because my Dad worked for Tatung for a bit in the 80s. Used the logos and art from an old box and manual.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GiantRobot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made this bad car. My club name is "Dusticlezzz". I'm sorry.

No Caption Provided