Do you recommend the Trine games?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you recommend the Trine games? (75 votes)

Heck yes! 55%
Nope. 45%

Especially as couch co-op experiences? I just noticed that there was a third released as well! Wow. I was looking for games to play with my brother, and on the Wii U, but now that I realize it is on the PS4 as well, I'd probably get them on there. So, with all the games, do you recommend them? Take away the fact you probably don't know the type of games I like, and simply say whether you liked them and would recommend them please, taking into consideration both as a singular experience, and a cooperative one. I really only know that it's a side-scroller; it has to do with puzzles (and some combat?); it can be a cooperative experience; you choose through three characters and it's all fantasy-looking, and that Brad played them. I seem to remember him liking them, and rechecking the Trine pages, it shows he gave the first a five star, the second a four star, and only had a quick look of the third (why no review?) Yeah, that's all I know about the game. Alright, thanks.

• 
Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ry_Ry

I'm really cold on these games. I've tried them a few times but I've never been that interested in them.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Four for yes, four for no. Just posting so I can have this saved in my forums page.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes, my buddies and I played these online together. 1 and 2 specifically. 3 we never visited as word was the game fell short, but maybe one day we will. But the first two were really fun to play together. Nothing was super difficult, some control things here and there to get used to, but overall, we had a great time.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love the first 2 Trine games. They are absolutely worth playing. The third one, not so much. You can get them for a song on Steam every once in a while so just keep a look out for them.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

Loved the first two games, the third one just never clicked for me.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I liked them as co-op games but found it a bit of a slog individually, especially 2.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through Trine 2 in 3player co-op and had a good time with it.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I played an hour or so of Trine 2 and couldn't get into it or the physic-y nature of it, so from my time with it...nope.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were never as good as I wanted them to be. Co-op with a friend makes it worth it but just barely. Visually great but playing them was just above boring.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I voted yes, but it's a very lukewarm yes, and only with 3-player co-op. It's got many different bits (puzzles, platforming, combat), but none of them are particularly good. I'd recommend playing other games if there are only 2 players.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first one was an excellent PC platformer in its year. Since then, with Meat Boy and Spelunky, the bar has been raised to where Trine is still charming and has some ingenuity, but it doesn't play as tightly as I want it to.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I would buy either Trine 1 or Trine 2 when they're on sale. I would pass on Trine 3.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to go back to them last year and found them very uninteresting. 3 especially.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a lot of Trine 2 it with my friend on PC, but we got bored of it and didn't finish it. It's not a bad game, but it wasn't my kind of game. Ask your brother if he would enjoy this kind of game, if he says yes I would give it a shot if it's on sale.

Also don't bother playing by yourself with Trine imo.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I tried these out a little and didn't enjoy them at all.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zirilius

As someone who had no one to play these games co-op with I disliked them. I thought Trine when it came out was fun but that fun only lasted a couple hours.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah it's fun. One point I think worth pointing out for the local co-op on PC is that it's very easy to set up and use multiple types of controllers. I just realized that this is not an easy thing to accomplish since so many multiplayer games are not this flexible.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I tried multiple times to get into Trine 2 especially, on my own and with a friend. It's just not something that can hold my attention long enough. Yeah , the graphics are pretty neat for a 2d indie game. But i felt like the combat parts were always weak and some of the puzzles didn't feel smart, just finicky.