This game isn't very good.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

First off I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. Such a fan that I buy every Resident Evil thing regardless of quality. After spending about 4 hours with Umbrella Corps I can safely say that it is fairly forgettable to possibly bad game. Some brief pros/cons.

Pros:

The game is really fast. Rounds last about 4 mins with games being around 15 mins in length.

You can dress up as HUNK! But I think that is because I bought the special addition.

The Samurai Edge is in the game!

3v3 feels somewhat refreshing as someone who has been playing competitive games for awhile.

ZOMBIE JAMMER! The whole mechanic of the zombie jammer is pretty interesting. Every character is equipped with a zombie jammer on their back that prevents zombies from going agro on you. However the opposing team can disrupte and even destroy your jammer forcing you to contend with the various zombies on the map until you either die or steal one from the enemy.

The game actually controls really well. The camera may be a little too close, but I appreciate the variability of aiming and your mobility options. The harder you pull on the left trigger, the more zoom you get on you reticle until you go into full first-person. It is a pretty novel way of handling aiming in a 3rd person game and I hope more games us it in the future.

Cons:

The singleplayer seems like an afterthought. Shocking I know.

The frame-rate is all over the place. I'm playing on the PS4 and Unity tends to not perform very well on consoles at the moment. This is no different.

Cover seems counter-intuitive to the speed of the game. Cover is handled just like most 3rd person action games. You press a button and slam to a piece of cover. The problem is that with the speed of the game, small levels, OP short-ranged offensive options, you are putting your self at a huge disadvantage by being stuck to cover. Especially when everyone is bum rushing with shotguns or the "Brainer".

Balance seems to be all over the place which is a big issue for a competitive game. You move extremely fast while prone, almost ridiculously fast to the point where why would you even be standing.

The game maps are fairly small which is understandable for a 3v3 but this causes the ranged weapons to be less than stellar. Shotguns reign supreme as does the one hit melee mechanic of the "Brainer" which is a chargeable pickaxe.

The "Brainer" is one of the most OP melee weapons I have ever seen in any game EVER! The range is insane! I've had dudes teleport several feet and KO'ing me while I dumped shotgun rounds into them as they charged.

Overall Umbrella Corps is EXACTLY what you think it is with some interesting mechanics that get bogged down by poor performance and balance.

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Watched a video of it this morning and I thought the only single player thing was the tutorial. What else is there?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Watched a video of it this morning and I thought the only single player thing was the tutorial. What else is there?

The single-player is basically the multiplayer modes minus the other competitive agents. You go into one of the multiplayer levels and are tasked with an objective. Collect the briefcases, samples or hold down a couple of points. The same things you do in muliplayer except your main opposition are the zombies as you do not have your Zombie Jammer.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a mode called "The Experiment" which is a series of missions within the maps. Kill a certain number of dudes, collect DNA, defend a spot, so on and so forth. It's essentially a super extended tutorial with unlocks and such.

Tried it a bit this morning, and it's alright. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, and the SP is about as lame as I expected, but I actually kind of dig the controls. The best way to describe it is that it feels like you're playing a first person shooter in third person. Kind of weird, but the speed is interesting. Definitely will mess with it more, but don't know how long I'm sticking with it. I'll at least finish the SP.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Zombie Jammer lmao

Just steps away from "Sir.....they've hacked all the zombies"

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

didn't they already make a multiplayer shooter resident evil that did terribly? Poor /6 they were good devs given shit assignments.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Unity, eh?

I hear reports that the melee weapon is quite OP too. With so many weird movement options and abilities in it, it makes me think that they've balanced it like that because there's a way to counter it? Classic Resi melee combo system might have been better, but I don't know...

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been enjoying it. Got it from a friend who wanted someone to play with and we've been having a good time. Most of my problems with it could be eaisly fixed. It's not gonna drag me away from what I've been playing lately, but it's a good break from all the FPS games I've been playing and will probably be a good break from JRPGs soon.

KrayzeeGloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with @jesushammer, it's nothing special at all and has a good deal of problems, but I've been having fun!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

SHOCKED!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Whaaaaaat? A Resident Evil spinoff game is not very good?!? Say it ain't so!

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

lol of course it isn't.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

the game it out? So there isn't any ads for it? Jesus, even Operation Raccoon City got ads.