Paradox Teasing a New Vampire: Masquerade Game?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

There's some talk going around that the TenderBeta is a teaser from Paradox for a new Vampire: Masquerade game.

Personally, I was pretty into Redemption and Bloodlines back when they came out, and hope that this turns out to be a new game that builds on the horror RPG systems. I'd also be in if they bring on Taika Waititi and take it in a "What we do in the shadows" direction.

Anyone else checked out the site? What would you want from a new vampire game?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I played a bit of Bloodlines last year as a thing to do around Halloween. I liked it well enough. I get the cult following behind it. I'm down for a modern-ish Vampire game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Huh! That would be pretty cool. That original game was ambitious and mostly fun.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlines is a broken nightmarish masterpiece. I would kinda just love another game in that style but with.. not 'more' polish so much as 'some' polish.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm down for this. I still need to play Vampyr...

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fugoy

I would literally be down for just a straight up remake of Bloodlines. Love that game to death. I hope whatever this is turns out to be in the same vein.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fugoy: Bloodlines is exactly the type of game that deserves remaking. There are so many brilliant games out there that suffer from a lack of polish and could use a second go-around to bring out their potential.

As much as I love Bloodlines, I've never finished it due to how broken it is. I know there are fan patches, but it's an imperfect solution. I'd give somebody's right arm for a remake. (as long as they can keep the licensed music... it's not the same without jamming out to that Chiasm song and embracing my inner goth club kid)

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be so down for a new Bloodlines game or even a remake of the original. The first act of that game is simply incredible; before it gets bogged down in bugs and poor design decisions.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Retris

Hate to be the guy but I REALLY HOPE it will not include real life minority genocide used as a plot point or neo-nazi dogwhistles like their tabletop games did.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@retris: Considering Paradox's restructuring and severe reining in of White Wolf following the Chechnya stuff, I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

I've never actually played Bloodlines beyond the opening bits but I'm excited to see what this is. I love me some not-quite-AAA RPGs.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am really keen for a new Vampire game but as good as the IP is I think a lot of what made Requiem as good as it was the RPG veteran team at Troika. The same guys are now working on the Outer Worlds. Without them I hope whoever is developing it holds up the gameplay end of the bargain.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't get canceled like the mmo