Anyone playing?

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really having fun with this "game" but the thing is, 3 times out of 5, it is ruined right off the bat by the usual negative "online-gamer" behavior. go up to talk to someone and they instantly call you every kind of slur in the book in every way, or they hold down a bbbbbbbbbbbutton, or constant CAPS or just leave all together. it is completely annoying because you cant really quit out and find another group. you have to wait for the session to end.

even before and after you get the emoticon penises in the chats and random cruelty. its a shame.

im hoping to find some other people like Vinny who actually create and play characters.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a few games, I'd definitely be up for a few rounds with some duders. Like you I ran into a lot of off-putting stuff.

There's a great game behind all those slurs though!

virtualpolecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game is good for about 5 matches or so, after that you get tired of the afks. People are also really rude.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a lot this weekend, had the same experience as you. but occasionally I'd have really great and tense game with a twist. Tried to play a bit Sunday I think, and the voice aspect was turned off for some reason and it isn't much fun without voices.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I must have been really lucky when I played a couple days back. Everyone was totally into playing their roles. Had the ideal experience. Now I'm gunshy to go back if too many 4chan kids know about the free scenario. I do think it's a brilliant concept and will pay into the full game when I have the money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not convinced enough to pay for it...its fun but only by chance. if paying is the answer to better people to play with, ill find something else to do haha

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Still haven't tried it, but would be interested in playing with some duders who aren't going to dick around.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yeah it really depends on who you play it with. It always gets boring after the first couple of times in my opinion.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whitegreyblack

Is there a way to make a GB group so you know you're more likely to play with duders who won't fuck around too much (or if they do it will be within the realm of good taste and good fun)?

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had some terrible games ruined by disconnections and general idiots/the proverbial 12 year olds. But I've had some fantastic and hilarious games too with funny, creative people. Would play with some duders, even though it lacks the tools to organize games properly.

Is there a way to make a GB group so you know you're more likely to play with duders who won't fuck around too much (or if they do it will be within the realm of good taste and good fun)?

There isn't a way to make a private game or group or anything. I think I read on their forums that they were looking in to it though. Personally, I think playing with randoms is better because it's less predictable, but then there's obviously the problem of idiots finding their way in to your game.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exfate said:

There isn't a way to make a private game or group or anything. I think I read on their forums that they were looking in to it though. Personally, I think playing with randoms is better because it's less predictable, but then there's obviously the problem of idiots finding their way in to your game.

I wonder how the GB West & East guys were able to play together for the QL...

I'm not opposed to idiots being in the game (that actually mimics life quite well) so long as you can try your best to avoid them; however it appears one bad'un can hound the rest of the players for the entire 20-40 minute duration of a playthrough.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exfate said:

I'm not opposed to idiots being in the game (that actually mimics life quite well) so long as you can try your best to avoid them; however it appears one bad'un can hound the rest of the players for the entire 20-40 minute duration of a playthrough.

So it looks like they all had Premium and just joined a game. There are so few people playing premium. The problem with Premium in this game is that all you really get is a better chance of not playing with the morons, but you will have to wait a while for a game compared to Free because so few people seem to think it is worth the money.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exfate: Oh, okay. I thought perhaps they were able to do a private game.

5 Euro / 6.90 USD per month seems a bit steep to me, too. It's too bad that it's the only way at the moment to have the text to speech part work (arguably the best part).

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've played twice so far. First game sort of dove-tailed after the three of us who got into it realized that two others were AFK. One guy came in intending to break everyone's immersion, but actually seemed to come around after a little genial RP.

My second game was pretty great, all around. People were playing their objectives appropriately while staying relatively subtle, and trying to keep a conversational tone. The quick look was particularly incredible after my experience, where Boyle had been a pretty relaxed, problem-solving guy.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Games alright, most times I've played every character has stayed in character even when stuff has gone off the rocks. Only time it's gotten to the point where I quit / afk is when I revealed myself being the thief early in the game tasing the wrong person and then after that everyone refused to interact with me.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had one great game and another one with all crazy people who swore and ignored me for actually being in character. At least I was Ingmar so I could taze the idiots a few times before the game was completely ruined.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This game is good for about 5 matches or so, after that you get tired of the afks. People are also really rude.

Sounds like real life.

hoodcommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching that Quick Look, I've been playing Premium. It's not the same as the Quick Look obviously, but it's a small bit of fun anyways.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By whitegreyblack

I have been playing free all evening. I might love this game? I almost definitely hate it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I was going to last night but they took out the text to speech so I didn't see the point.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@exfate said:

@whitegreyblack said:
@exfate said:

So it looks like they all had Premium and just joined a game. There are so few people playing premium. The problem with Premium in this game is that all you really get is a better chance of not playing with the morons, but you will have to wait a while for a game compared to Free because so few people seem to think it is worth the money.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's just they were the only people playing Premium at the same time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dfl017 said:

@exfate said:

@whitegreyblack said:
@exfate said:

Yeah, I think you're right. It's just they were the only people playing Premium at the same time.

when did i miss the part where they told us GB west was in on it? i must have stepped away from the tv i guess? that sort of bums me out because i thought everything was just from random creative people....

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dfl017 said:

@exfate said:

@whitegreyblack said:
@exfate said:

when did i miss the part where they told us GB west was in on it? i must have stepped away from the tv i guess? that sort of bums me out because i thought everything was just from random creative people....

Sadly not, heh. In the comments thread Dan/Brad admitted it was them, and after the game you could see their steam account names in the lobby (Heh, Dan's "bigpoppapump, dat wresting).

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after getting tired of people leaving in the middle of a game or being trolls in the free stuff, i decided to go premium. played a few premium games and they have been really fun. i have an extremely difficult time finding games, though. maybe because i am playing on Mac? i don't know, but it seems like there is really anyone queueing up from Premium games.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Kazona

I watched Vinny play it but I still don't really get what the point of the game is.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By whitegreyblack

@kazona: Not entirely sure there is one. However, playing as the Russian guy and employing broken English puns in-character feels like a big win.

I took another character to the bow of the boat, told them it was like "the Titanics with Katelyn Winsow and Leonard Capricorn", and declared "King of world is me". I can't think of a better use of my valuable time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart: man that kind of sucks....dang

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing it for a few days now. Fun stuff, even if there's a lot of internet garbage in there (I've not played many games with Malik where someone hasn't been incredibly racist). But the last few days the text to speech server has struggled, and that's a huge part of what makes the game fun.

PostArcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: The same thing happened with Shauna, the asian hollywood actress, where someone was spamming "SUCKI SUCKI 5 DORRA" the entire time.

I really like the game but it is very dependent on the people you're playing with, and in many cases their sense of humor.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By whitegreyblack

It seems the free scenario (Sons and Fathers) right now is completely broken; at least, as of last night. Tasks cannot be completed, and there is no debrief screen (it just goes to the scenario-players chat).

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It seems the free scenario (Sons and Fathers) right now is completely broken; at least, as of last night. Tasks cannot be completed, and there is no debrief screen (it just goes to the scenario-players chat).

Yeah. I played a good amount of the spy one over the weekend and had a good time, but trying the Sons and Fathers last night seemed totally busted. It's easy to get way too many objectives and items, there's no clear way to fulfill the objectives, and new items don't show up in your inventory if it's "full." They need to hack out like half the items/objectives and just make those few more interesting.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack said:

Also, be warned that if you play as Linda then using the item about her story about violence/taser use on the ship will cause the client to crash due to missing files, and you can't even rejoin the game--which of course means you can't play until that instance ends.