VinnCo - A GiantBomb Warframe PS4 clan

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Refactored

I think we should attempt to use this post in a similar manner to the Heavy Industries thread for PC.

So I will add all relevant information to this top post as information comes in regarding the clan etc?

A word of warning, I am brand new to Warframe so any info on setting stuff up etc. would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again to Mnemoidian for pointing me in the right direction with the wikia and that. I'm just starting to work my way through that, so I'm learning.

Anyway, to the more important information.

Clan Name: VinnCo

Warlord: Refactored

Also, I live in Ireland so there may be some delay on getting back to people etc. but we will work it out.

Either way, if anyway wants to join the clan, drop me an invite on PSN (Refactored) and mention GiantBomb and Warframe and I'll try my best to sort it ASAP.

Cheers!

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

Hi,

Just sent a message on psn, my ID is the same as here on GB: sarahsdad.

Thanks

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I have sent ye a message

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I'll send you a message after work tonight!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Sweet, I'll send you a message tonight.

I've put in a fair amount of hours into this game and still don't really understand that much of it. It's fun, though.

Cptanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'll send you an invite soon. PSN or SEN or whatever they're called now: Nishrx.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, sent a message. Just got into Warframe so playing with some people would help.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Refactored

Hey,

So I've sent out the first few invitations, 7 in total. If I missed anyone just shout.

So I have the blue print for the clan dojo, I just need some more Morphics and Polymer Bundles in order to craft it. I will get this sorted as soon as.

At the moment we will only be able to have 10 in the clan, so two more spaces. Based on people's requests we can then look at expanding etc.

If anyone is having any problems just let me know. And again if anyone State side wants to be involved in the management/recruitment just let me know.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@refactored: afaik, you're talking about the dojo key - the dojo already exists, actually. It's just that no one has accessed it. Everyone will need their own dojo key to access it.

For now, the dojo consists of a single room - a Clan Hall (if you look at the PC clan's map, that's the "Clan Hall" on the 1F floor).

A simplification of the dojo-building process is as follows: You need to balance Capacity (provided by clan halls and halls) with Energy (provided by reactors) to be able to expand your dojo. I believe you begin with 100 energy and 10 capacity to start the process of expanding your dojo. Different rooms have different energy and capacity costs - so it's a good idea to have someone have a rough plan for what to do with the dojo, and not have random people start building rooms :) (only people with the "architect role can actually do that, however).

Some more advanced tips that I've discovered as the primary "architect" of the PC clan's dojo (not saying it's very intuitively built... we're looking at remodeling) - I'm really only writing them down to help you avoid some mistakes we've made, so make with it as you will:

• The dojo pieces are being updated currently - almost everything but elevators have been updated. For this reason it is not recommended build elevators at this moment. It will probably be a lot of work to replace the elevators later.
  • Remember to always leave yourself at least one corridor for expansion somewhere - I prefer to make cross connectors whenever possible to give us options.
  • Separate areas where people may want to visit from areas people don't care about. An example would be reactors and barracks - these rooms serve no "purpose" beyond expanding clan possibilities - Halls can be included here, but I see them as social gathering points. Group the laboratory buildings together, and stuff like the the obstacle course and dueling room.
  • The Oracle room has no actual purpose at the moment - except to enable research in the laboratory buildings. You need to build it... but it's not clear if it'll get a purpose (I've read some suggestion that it may include "Tenno research" in the future).
  • The rooms people will want to visit the most are in this order, most interesting to least: (high priority!) the 3 laboratories (+ the oracle, unfortunately), (medium/low) Obstacle course, Dueling pit
  • Not a room, but treated as a "decoration" (you make these by opening the terminal that exists in each room) - the "Trading Post" should have probably have high priority to be built as well. You'll want this in an easily accessible room from the entrance. The Clan Hall is a good idea - we've put our in our Oracle room (gives it a purpose).
  • (and don't run out of capacity or energy!) :)
  • Don't expand if you have a lot of inactive people - dojo costs increase by about 300% per tier (do check the wiki for exact details).
  • It's a good idea to make a map of the dojo. I've been using drawings on Google Drive to use basic geometric shapes to move things around. There are more graphically attractive tools around, but none of them have met my requirements of ease-of-use or ease-of-modification.

Feel free to have a look at the PC clan's map - but there are some obvious mistakes made there. The Reactor sublevel is probably the best decision we made - but ... I don't think I'd create elevators right now.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Sent you a message, add me up on PSN : Demonbear

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mnemoidian: Thanks for all that. Really appreciate it. There is a lot more under the surface than just shooting and slashing stuff.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@refactored: We're all going to need a promotion whenever you find the time to spare, they won't even let you peek inside the dojo at the initiate level, which is pretty dumb.

I'm going to look at how much it takes to expand the dojo to 30 players, I think that'll be a good fit for us since the consoles are still fresh and there aren't that many bombers hooked on Warframe just yet.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@opus: Oh, that's probably because the initiate rank, by default, is not allowed to host the dojo.

Promotion or not, you should probably add hosting to the permissions for everyone.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/140222-warframe-update-11-ps4-information/

Looks like Update 11 is coming to the PS4 pretty soon. Hold on to your butts because it introduces fundamental changes the Damage System.

Hopefully it's going to roll out with current update as the PC. Crossing fingers for cross play.

They have talk about Clan Alliances, but right now its only rolled out for the clans that had 1000+ members.It would be cool to have alliance chat between Giant Bomb Heavy Industries and VinCo in the future. However, I not sure how that will work.

Clan Alliances

If you are in a clan with 1001+ members, please read the following carefully: On August 16th, 2013 DE split clans and the first Alliances of Warframe were created. The Split was carried out in 3 Phases. Phase 1: DE froze clans and append a tag to the current clan name to preserve their current clan's stats. The Dojo will not be changeable at this time. DE anticipated this to last about an hour. Phase 2: DE deployed a Hotfix that carried out the split. Phase 3: New clans are created with the Warlords chosen by the original Warlord, with the emblem and Dojos copied over to each clan. When the Alliance is formed, players in those clans will have access to Alliance chat. This is Phase 1 of Alliances as a whole, with more progress coming at a later date for smaller clans.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool I'll look at the dojo hosting tonight when I get in.

Yeah, 30 probably sounds like the most we'ok have for a bit. There should be ten in total now based on the invites

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I updated everyone to be able to host the dojo.

Anyone have any idea on the best way to get morphics?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oooh - add me to this madness :) will send you a psn invite in a moment :)

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Opus

@refactored: Assassination targets (boss fights) on each planet have a much higher chance of dropping the rare materials found on the planets. It's not guaranteed, but still far better than trying any other map and having your fingers crossed. So for morphics you can kill and loot the boss on Mercury a few times.

Edit: Mercury, not mars. If you never hear from Refactored again it's because I pointed him in the direction of the completely wrong planet.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Opus

We need circuits! The dojo needs circuits! Every friggin' room expansion wants circuits!

Look into your heart and digital wallet for circuits to contribute to the dojo, or I'll have Sarah Mclachlan host one of those commercials that will bum you out.

Jacktrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats Vinco mean?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

So I updated everyone to be able to host the dojo.

Anyone have any idea on the best way to get morphics?

Sorry if this is dead obvious but I just wanted to note that you can see all the materials in any system when that system is selected (just look off to the left side of the screen). Then like Opus said you want to go after the boss in every system as they have higher chances of dropping rare materials.

I'm gonna play tonight and try and drop some resources for our dojo.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yo, send me an invite I just downloaded the game this morning. PSN: "Demoskinos"

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shadow

I'd like to join, but might have to stick it out where I am to get some of the research weapons. How far is this clan in all the weapon research stuff?

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Check's in the mail, you can accept the guild invite through that little shield icon on the upper right side of the screen where you would normally choose different chat rooms.

@shadow: The energy research lab will be ready to go in ~12 hours or so, I didn't really check but the timer's been ticking since last night. I'm hoping by the weekend we'll have all three good to go, we just need a few more circuits in the unfinished reactor to build more rooms. There are only two planets to get those, Venus is easy but they're really, really rare. And the other is one of the last planets, and I'm just not far enough in the solar system yet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: Awesome. So, I played Warframe a bit on PC but never got into any of the clan stuff. How does the clan benefit me / how do I help the clan?

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just getting the game and would love to have a clan and friends to play with. I've never played this game though. ID: Carill

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

added refactored on psn And in game but not yet seen an invite to the clan - anyone able to do so? or just hold out til he's online?

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Opus

@demoskinos: The big positive about clans are the research labs, with them you can buy blueprints to some of the best weapons in the game that don't require ridiculous amounts of lucky drops to create. When creating a new clan room or researching new items the game wants players to pool their resources before the building starts.

Researching a gun called the "Dera", for instance, wants 600 circuits. As you already know by my constant whining, circuits are a pain in the ass to get a hold of, so you can visit the research lab and go "well, I can chip in 80 of them that I somehow found", and eventually others will chip in theirs and make the entire process be much less painful.

I don't know how much time you've put into Warframe, but you should look out for #1 for the time being. The MK-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana are all really poor weapons and you should look at marketplace blueprints for what you want to replace them with.

@kirillorlov: I'm getting a "Given Username does not exist" error whenever I try adding you. I can see in the PSN "find player" list that you're not a figment of our imagination, so maybe they want you to play more Warframe before the invites can be rolled out, or something. I'll try again after work today.

@omegapirate: Once someone's in the guild they're promoted to Soldier so they can invite all of their homies. Post your PSN ID and one of us will send you an invite whenever we see it.

PSA for making Warframe more enjoyable for all: turn off aim-assist; because it doesn't handle it very well, and disable the "Align Attacks to Camera" option; because that feature is just maddening when it crushes the camera against a wall most of the time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By musubi

@opus said:

@demoskinos: The big positive about clans are the research labs, with them you can buy blueprints to some of the best weapons in the game that don't require ridiculous amounts of lucky drops to create. When creating a new clan room or researching new items the game wants players to pool their resources before the building starts.

Researching a gun called the "Dera", for instance, wants 600 circuits. As you already know by my constant whining, circuits are a pain in the ass to get a hold of, so you can visit the research lab and go "well, I can chip in 80 of them that I somehow found", and eventually others will chip in theirs and make the entire process be much less painful.

I don't know how much time you've put into Warframe, but you should look out for #1 for the time being. The MK-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana are all really poor weapons and you should look at marketplace blueprints for what you want to replace them with.

@kirillorlov: I'm getting a "Given Username does not exist" error whenever I try adding you. I can see in the PSN "find player" list that you're not a figment of our imagination, so maybe they want you to play more Warframe before the invites can be rolled out, or something. I'll try again after work today.

@omegapirate: Once someone's in the guild they're promoted to Soldier so they can invite all of their homies. Post your PSN ID and one of us will send you an invite whenever we see it.

PSA for making Warframe more enjoyable for all: turn off aim-assist; because it doesn't handle it very well, and disable the "Align Attacks to Camera" option; because that feature is just maddening when it crushes the camera against a wall most of the time.

Oh I already replaced the starter gear. I downloaded the free PS+ pack for Warframe that gives you like 150 free platinum and bought a new assault rifle and used the credits to buy a heavy pistol. I made the key for the clan so I can access the clubhouse but I'm failing to see where there is any interaction. I've seen several of the panels but when I press circle all they do is show a description of what the room does. I did however chuck some platinum at some of the rooms to help them build faster.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Opus

That was you! Thanks! I logged on a little earlier to see how much time was left on the research lab, and when I saw it was done I was kind of at a loss, and figured I was just really bad at tracking time. I don't know if it was done after you've donated platinum but there's a spot you can "Activate" at the research lab on the second floor to see all of the different projects.

The weapons have research prerequisites and we had to undertake "Fieldron research" first. That'll be done in a lengthy three days, and then we need to research the "Prova" before we can get to the guns.

You'll have an example of contributing to room building in a few hours when our second reactor is done. The dojo's progression has been at a standstill while waiting for the extra energy from it, but once it's running there will be two new rooms that will need parts; the biggest count being 12,000 nano spores between the two of them. So the planet of choice for the next few days will be Saturn.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: odd. Okay I'll play some.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: should I add you to psn? Just so I'll know if you're online and maybe that'll let you friend me? If so what is your id?

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirillorlov: I wouldn't mind; it's Mind_Less.

I actually hopped on to send you an invite juuust a bit ago. It went through! You're good to go. I'm going to sleep for a bit because My job has radically shifted my internal clock, but we're more likely go Warframing together on the weekend when I'm off.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I left that clan because I was a random invite anyway and the leader wanted to make room for his actual friends. My PSN ID is I_NoScoped_Bambi. I'm up for anything you've got going when I'm online, especially void runs. My best warframe is Nova, who I've specced to basically be able to molecular prime every single mob so I'm garbage solo, but I can make any mission a cakewalk for my team

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By musubi

Holy shit what happened? All the rooms in the club house look entirely different than they did yesterday. Especially the lab. WTF? Did the update really do that much? Also for whatever reason didn't get a log-in bonus today. =(

Anyone know what timezone their day/night cycle operates on? It can't be a North American time zone.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

If someone could send me an invite to the clan I'd really appreciate it. ID is OneKillWonder99

I've been playing quite a lot of this game and would love to do something more meaningful in it and play with some of you guys.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rapid

@demoskinos said:

Holy shit what happened? All the rooms in the club house look entirely different than they did yesterday. Especially the lab. WTF? Did the update really do that much? Also for whatever reason didn't get a log-in bonus today. =(

Anyone know what timezone their day/night cycle operates on? It can't be a North American time zone.

Looks like Update 11 hit the PS4 =D

DE is located in London Toronto Canada. I can only speak for the PC Version but they release small content updates and patches bi-weekly on Wednesdays. The devs will usually work overnight to release the updates. Major numbered updates (like Update 11) get release every month or month and a half. The Devs have said that they are still getting use to the update process on PS4. On the PC they can push the updates whenever they like, however on the PS4 they have to go through Sony Certification so it take longer for the updates to hit. For instance they said about a week and a half ago that they sent the Update 11 on PS4 off to certification last week and the update went live yesterday.

Happy Hunting Alad V =)

Your PC Bros have been keeping track of the updates and changes to the game on the PC, eventually get pushed to the PS4. http://www.giantbomb.com/warframe/3030-38788/forums/update-11-is-now-live-1448900/#75

If your curious about what updates are coming you can get sneak peak here

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You two have invites ready to go, accept them because I could really use your circuits companionship. After work today it'll be the weekend, and I'll be framin' so hard.

The next Warframe announced is Paladin, and I kind of want Valkyrie to boot. Even though she's many, many planets away from where I am at this point.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to join if possible. Im currently leveling exca after leveling mag and rhino. Did not like rhino very much but im glad I choose mag as my starter, really liked her play style. As for now i'm looking at my option in warframe and which i should potato first. So joining a clan seem like a good idea at that point. PSN DarkEonz

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklight: Sorry about the delay! I crashed hard after work, your invitation is in the mailbox.

And now I'm addressing the entire clan; this weekend I'm going to be doing several Orokin Derelict runs for mutagen samples. I'd really like to progress in our Bio lab research because those weapons look siiiiick. You'd be a pretty cool person if you showed up to save the day. A hero even!

My odd schedule will have me on early in the EST; ~6am to 12pm, possibly longer if I can get a nice iced coffee and if I have no other plans that day. I don't want you to ruin your sleep cycles for sexy digital goods, it's just an invitation I'm putting out there.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: Due to my crazy European time zone I think that actually suits me so I will deffo drop in on Saturday. And thanks again for your guidance the other day, much appreciated.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: I have some stuff to do in the morning, but I'm generally awake in the 7 am, so I might pop in during that.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Opus

The new boss is now available on Jupiter for the Valkyrie Warframe on PS4, here's brief teardown of the fight; hidden in case you like punishment and want to figure it out yourself.

The fight deals with both Alad V and Zanuka at the same time, Alad deals weak damage and uses abilities that are minor harassments; such as a temporarily blinding light or knockdown. Zanuka deals high damage using melee, a freezing bomb and guided missiles. Whomever Zanuka is chasing should run for their life.

Zanuka is immortal until Alad's shields are broken, so while one person is being chased by Zanuka the other group members should attack Alad. Once his shields are down your priority should switch to Zanuka, until she's dead she will continue to revive Alad with 50% health and shields every time you attempt to kill him. Once Zanuka's gone the group can take out Alad and go home with their Valkyrie piece blueprint. During the fight there will be an endless spawn of enemy MOAs and Drones, which are a source of ammo, energy, and neck pain.

This is one of the better boss fights with the sheer amount of chaos each person has to deal with. Have fun with that!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opus: Ah right, sorry i havent been on for a few days - psn id is :- OmegaPirate

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Opus

@omegapirate: I, uh, probably should have tried that first, in retrospect...

I'm hopping on in a little bit; if there are any night owls that want to hang out. I'm trying to unlock every single boss so that I can help people get the Warframe of their dreams*.

*Vauban and Banshee probably shouldn't be in your dreams, their components are based on luck of the draw on Alert rewards, and it'll take quite a while to piece them together.

There's a holiday sale on platinum, but it's worth reminding everyone that platinum is a pure luxury; the only things in that marketplace that you can't get from playing the game normally are color palettes and decorative accessories. If you want to spoil yourself and get that gun early, more power to ya, just spend responsibly!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By demonbear

@opus said:

@omegapirate: I, uh, probably should have tried that first, in retrospect...

I'm hopping on in a little bit; if there are any night owls that want to hang out. I'm trying to unlock every single boss so that I can help people get the Warframe of their dreams*.

*Vauban and Banshee probably shouldn't be in your dreams, their components are based on luck of the draw on Alert rewards, and it'll take quite a while to piece them together.

There's a holiday sale on platinum, but it's worth reminding everyone that platinum is a pure luxury; the only things in that marketplace that you can't get from playing the game normally are color palettes and decorative accessories. If you want to spoil yourself and get that gun early, more power to ya, just spend responsibly!

And slots.

CrippleCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get an invite? my psn ID is cripplecaptain , thanks

samcroft90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By samcroft90

Could i get an invite please? PSN is same as my username here.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rapid

Cicero Event and update 11.5 just hit the PS4

Information of the Cicero Event

Good Luck Duders!

nate8453

Forum Posts