Warframe's Next Big Expansions Reveal & Demo At TennoCon 2018

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By rapid

Shown live at Digital Extreme's self hosted Warframe fan convention is the next big expansions coming later in the year coming to WARFRAME.

1. Fortuna
  2. Railjack
  3. New War

This 30 minute gameplay demo was taken from TennoCon.

1.FORTUNA

First shown is "Fortuna" (~2:15) features a new Open World and Corpus themed HUB city on Venus.

New gameplay systems introduced:

- KIT GUNS craft able and player customizable secondary weapons (3:18)

No Caption Provided

- Customized MOA pets, robotic bi-pedal companions (3:53)

- A Venus Open World (enemies, missions Bounties etc) (7:27)

- Capturing Outpost Bases Mechanic (11:20)

- Hoverboards! (12:02)

No Caption Provided

- A new hunting mechanic (metal gear fulton style) called the Echo Lure for capturing wildlife on Venus (13:30)

No Caption Provided

- Pulling off tricks on the Hoverboard! (15:58)

2.RAILJACK

The Second Content Update teaser is for RailJack (starts 21:19)

No Caption Provided

RailJack to put it simply in terms of other games is imagine Sea of Thieves in Space.

(Update: Some clarification information about Railjack that shouldn't be a surprise from an interview with Steve Sinclair

Railjack the Space Combat expansion will not be open world. It sounds like from Steve it will be instanced mode that you will be able hopefully seamlessly transition from the Venus open area, to the space combat zone.)

You and your squad members piloting a ship designed to be manned by a crew.

There are different parts of the ship each player must man (Star Trek style) Engineering, Tactical, and Weapons

No Caption Provided

Players must work together to take down AI Controlled Capital Ships where one dual must attack take down the shields from the ship while the other two go out engage with dog fights and board the ship. (28:51)

No Caption Provided

Both expansions sound very exciting as new as a long time fan of the game. There was no definitive release date given for either Fortuna, or Railjack. Look for Fortuna this Fall, while Railjack will be closer to 2019 and New War at the earliest probably near the end of 2019.

The third expansion announced was a teaser video for the next major story arc and quest for Warframe

3. THE NEW WAR - Spoilers (careful if you have not done the Sacrifice Quest)

Also spoilers trailer for the next major story arc (CAREFUL FOR SPOILERS if you have not done the Sacrifice quest)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Watched the stream earlier it seems preeetty cool. Although I couldn't help but spend half the time wondering if this will even run smoothly on the PS4.

But I thought the same thing about Plains of Eidolon, and that turned out alright, so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Watched the stream earlier it seems preeetty cool. Although I couldn't help but spend half the time wondering if this will even run smoothly on the PS4.

But I thought the same thing about Plains of Eidolon, and that turned out alright, so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

Yeah I wonder if they've taken advantage of the PS4 Pro yet. Also The game was also announced for the Nintedo Switch.

The devs behind the Switch ports of Doom, Wolfenstein and Rocket League are doing the port work.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Watched a stream from TennoCon and the new content looks amazing, especially that RailJack portion. It's kind of incredible what DE has been able to create and sustain w/Warframe.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rapid

When you hear about all the crunch work the devs go through for E3 this puts in perspective.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1015968207780208640

They made a damn good demo.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Okay, that song was adorable.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully DE learned from Plains of Eidolon. PoE was honestly really underwhelming when it came out and it still is, haven't gone back to do much there other than farm for Gara and weapons.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some clarification information about Railjack that shouldn't be a surprise from an interview with Steve Sinclair

Railjack the Space Combat expansion will not be open world. It sounds like from Steve it will be instanced mode that you will be able hopefully seamlessly transition from the Venus open area, to the space combat zone.

“We're not a space simulation game,” he told to us on Saturday. “We're not trying to be Elite Dangerous where you're flying over this whole planet.”

“You call in your ship, you get on it, you go up, and now you're in space, and there is this really cool transition that feels more seamless,” Sinclair explained. “We've been trying to do that with the game, using more streaming technology. We did that last year, and we did it with Venus where you get in the elevator and go up and the world is already loaded. We're doing more of that to remove loading screens from the game.”

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should look at getting back into this game....

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rapid: Just to iterate on your comment; this was from a very early concept Steve had from his Unreal days. Railjack will almost certainly be a Clan exercise. Clan builds the ship, modifies the components and flies it in a group. It was meant to supplement the old Solar Rail system that was retired from clan events.

Railjack will probably not be linked solely to Fortuna in it's full implementation. It will probably start there until they get more high orbit content going.

Lastly Railjack will probably not be something where more than a single ship team interacts with enemy faction capitol ships. Based on the description of the technique used to make Railjack work it's most likely to stay contained within a 4 player team interacting between 3 spaces (Railjack interior, Arcwing space, Enemy Ship interior).

If you want the super long video stream archive I can send you a link on Discord. Just message me.

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really loved everything they showed at TennoCon. I have only been playing for three months, after the noclip documentary, and have enjoyed my time in the world immensely. I have only a half of the star map filled out and will be doing everything I can to get ready for Fortuna. Like most people, the game is still pretty overwhelming and I have hit a spike in difficulty. Fortunately, there are a whole bunch of ways to tackle that problem.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@zeik: I started playing this on Xbox the other day. I'm not sure if this is limited to the Xbox One X version (doubtful), but the game options include a display/graphics section with a surprising amount of choices for a console game (particle effect settings, ambient occlusion, field of view, etc). You could always bump down those settings if performance isn't up to snuff on a standard PS4.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: Just to iterate on your comment; this was from a very early concept Steve had from his Unreal days. Railjack will almost certainly be a Clan exercise. Clan builds the ship, modifies the components and flies it in a group. It was meant to supplement the old Solar Rail system that was retired from clan events.

Railjack will probably not be linked solely to Fortuna in it's full implementation. It will probably start there until they get more high orbit content going.

Lastly Railjack will probably not be something where more than a single ship team interacts with enemy faction capitol ships. Based on the description of the technique used to make Railjack work it's most likely to stay contained within a 4 player team interacting between 3 spaces (Railjack interior, Arcwing space, Enemy Ship interior).

If you want the super long video stream archive I can send you a link on Discord. Just message me.

I saw the sunday live stream Steve did a while back. At the time he was prototyping it live he said it potentially could be something like Clan ship battles. I wonder if they still plan on making it a clan exclusive thing. It is too early to say. I know they are still working on the "King Pin" system that was the work in progress name for what would replace Dark Sector clan battles. Sanctuary Onslaught was at one point was suppose to also have a Clan. They decided to make it available for everyone. It hard to say, DE seems unclear what they want to replace the Clan Dark Sector gameplay with.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Impressed with what they showed off. Really makes you appreciate the amount of hard work Digital Extremes put into this game, especially when you consider that if this were Bungie they'd force you to pay for an expensive expansion pass that probably would have only a quarter of the content. Loved the song at the start, they really need to release a full version, this is the best I could find:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Alright. I'm finally going to play it. I'm going to do it. I can't keep putting it off. Here we go. I'm doing it. *fake walking away footsteps* Here it is. I promise I'm getting to it.

Jokes aside, it's amazing the quality of support Warframe continuously receives. This looks very substantial.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@flashflood_29: No, seriously. Do it! I just got around to starting it last night, and I'm enjoying it a lot (though I am having some Network issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if servers are overloaded from a ton of newcomers tempted due to that awesome conference demo).

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@machofantastico: They released a cleaned up version this morning.