Warhammer 40k: Space Marine free at Humble for a limited time

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Seem to remember Vinny saying this was decent fun? Maybe you want to give it a look.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Free games are always nice, but I remember this as one of the most boring games I've ever played, up there with Rage and Duke Nukem Forever. Of course, for the price of $0, you're not losing anything but time.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SPAYCE MAH REEN

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really liked Warhammer Space Marine.

I didn't consider it a true AAA title, and it did not have to be. Good mechanics, good story, didn't hurt the eyes to look at it. Fun to play.

Classic tale of a hero becoming too good, in both abilities and his own nature, for his(in this case)own good. I, for what I know of the Warhammer universe, thought it pretty honest to it's source material.

One of the select games I've replayed, just because.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marine is excellent if you need to burn off some steam. Easy, fun and the enemies blow up, pop and tear apart in all kinds of satisfying ways. Even had a horde mode if i remember correctly. I wonder if the servers are still running...

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

SPOICE MAHREEN!

This game is 100% Warhammer 40,000 pulpy fun. It's so ridiculous and over-the-top. You regenerate health by performing execution moves on orks. So if shoving your chainsword into an ork's guts and then punching him in the face so hard that his face literally explodes in a shower of ork-blood, this is the game for you!

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a flawed but fun game

Implementation wise it dragged on for way too long and wasn't over the top enough to really work. It felt like the lore folk were keeping an eye on Relic (?) and not letting them make the crazy ass Iron Snakes "one space marine can take out a planet full of Orkz and half a planet of chaos" style marines.

But the game did a lot of cool stuff. I especially liked that it was a cover shooter that actively encouraged you to destroy your own cover and get all up in there with the enemies. I forget timelines but, at its best, it was Hotline Miami's "assess the room and plot a path through" style combat that DOOM would later build on heavily.

Its free. Go download it, play the first few hours, and uninstall it. You (probably) won't be disappointed.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through the entirety of this game in one sitting just after getting my wisdom teeth pulled and totally doped up on painkillers. I would recommend this experience.