What does overcharge actually do?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was searching around on the Internet for the answer for this, but the only information I could find was for class specific build information.

I just started playing tonight, and I'm not really sure what overcharge does. Is it simply a limit on how much magic you can cast, or does it actually give you a buff? It doesn't seem to make a difference on damage against the training dummy, but the segments on the meter, and the different stages of the burning effect make me feel like it's supposed to do something.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@mvhvtmv: When the bar fills up entirely, you blow the hell up and die, taking a few rats along with you. It's a limit on how much magic you can use; but every once in a while, sacrificing yourself to take out an entire horde of rats can save the day. Additionally, overcharge plays a larger mechanic in the other two subclasses for the bright wizard, increasing crit chance for the single-target class, and acting as a shield for the melee focused build respectively.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray: Ahh, fair enough. Thanks.

I knew that you blew up and died when you were full, but I just wasn't sure if it was actually making a difference between empty and dead. It definitely seemed like it should be doing something, haha. Good to know it does make a difference, just not for the default subclass then.