Original Watch_Dogs Graphics Files Found!

• 169 results
Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@humanity: I know, right? I have never seen such a massive backlash to such a mediocre game. I'm having a good time with, but it's not the best game of all time. Shocker.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I just want better code enhancement so the game can run properly.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I just want better code enhancement so the game can run properly.

Most are claiming the game runs smoother with these files enabled. Not everyone, but quite a few people none the less.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait until people stop talking about Watch Dogs. The only thing people have discussed since it was first shown at E3 is the graphical fidelity, which is possibly the most boring subject to talk about. We talked about the graphics when it was revealed, we talked about the graphics when it was delayed, we talked about the graphics in the buildup to release, we talked about the graphics when it came out and now here we are - weeks after it came out still talking about the fucking graphics.

Let it go. The game didn't set the world on fire, it is a slightly above average open world game with some cool ideas. That's it.

Why must you be such a corporate apologist. It's an interesting topic, and one that should be discussed.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wow, yeah, it adds lighting to the game. Great!

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Wow, this game was supposed to look good. I had forgotten. Wonder what happened?

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehumandove: I am not apologising for Ubisoft. What they showed at E3 when it was first announced is clearly not what we got. But the graphics are the least important thing when it comes to gaming for me, and by far the least interesting thing to discuss about a game - especially for a fucking year. I just wish people would be happy with a slightly better than average looking and playing open world game, and get over it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160  Edited By Evilsbane

I like it when things are pretty I hope this mod gets finalized I would love to run this already good looking game as a better looking game.

I understand some of the complaints about the graphics but I really don't get the heavy hate for the game, tons of varied side missions and pretty cool recreation of Chicago AND the hacking is 100% useful and a huge part of the play experience which is what I saw and wanted now the stuttering problem is ridiculous don't let anyone tell you its your computer it isn't even the Best systems do it, I guess the moral is don't set your expectations to NEXTGEN BLARGHAHGH.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@shortbreadtom: I see where you're coming form and don't let this ruin your enjoyment of the game. The problem is more with why a developer would do something like this and how Ubisoft handles it. Hampering your own product is a really bizarre thing to do. Less about the game itself and more about the developer/publisher in this situation.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By TheHT

Doesn't affect performance much for me positively or negatively. It also made the rain a whole lot somewhat more intense to the point of being a bit trickier to drive in. Kinda awesome.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By OGJackWagon69

I don't think sony or MS had anything to do with this, its like that bombcast from the last couple months where jeff was talking about how incorrect people are to always assume that sony and microsoft are always in on these BS conspiracies to bribe the publishers to do shit like this. Ubisoft probably wanted to drive sales for the ps4 version, by not having the pc version blowing it out of the water. In their eyes they didn't technically downgrade the PC version, because it still looks a small percentage better than the console versions, but really considering how it could've looked it still pretty much is a downgrade.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@corruptedevil said:

@dystopiax: Nearsightedness was fixed, as was the flickering lights in the new version, 0.7.

I installed version 0.7 and the nearsightedness is very much still there as is the flickering although both in smaller capacity. Flickering doesn't occur anymore if you just walk around slowly, but if you ride around in a car at night with any amount of speed the light sources from vehicles still begin to flicker - and since you spend a considerable amount of time evading someone at high speeds in cars thats not a good look.

I have a feeling that most of the people in this thread who are most outraged have a) not even played the game b) not played it with this mod.

Yep, this feels like they didn't have time to optimize those effects and they got lost in the rush to release. Man is the internet stupid with console cabal conspiracy theories. As I said before, look for those effects in watch dogs 2 when they'll be able to implement them for platform they give a shit about and that will trickle down to the PC. This is the Ubisoft way, the PC gets shafted because they don't give a damn about the platform.

The Depth of Field shader hasn't got a distance/focus check enabled on it which results in the near sighted issue. It's the sort of thing that would have been implemented had they not dropped development on the more robust effects to squeeze it down onto the less powerful machines.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This seems like a huge amount of drama. I wonder what the GB dudes will say. Put your tinfoil cap on. Don't listen to the sheeple!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

E3 version

Mod 0.7b version

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd rather play super mario with a much more iconic cap.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By fattony12000
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

E3 version

Mod 0.7b version

The Mod version looks a tad blown out, like it needs some white balance or something.

@fattony12000 could you Do a E3 / Mod / Non-modded vanilla comparison?

Yeah the modded version doesn't look good at all. Certainly nothing like the E3 reveal. It kind of looks like good graphics underneath a load of white fuzz. If that is the state they got it to I can see why they didn't turn on that section of code.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E3 version

Mod 0.7b version

Goddamn the game they were showing then sure looked pretty.

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried this and yes there are some improvements, especially at night time, but it's also buggy and does nothing for the performance for me, as in it still runs like shit if I turn anything up to Ultra.

Avatar image for deactivated-6041dd7056393
deactivated-6041dd7056393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dexterkid said:

I just tried this and yes there are some improvements, especially at night time, but it's also buggy and does nothing for the performance for me, as in it still runs like shit if I turn anything up to Ultra.

What are your PC specs?

4770k, 760, 8gb

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@dexterkid said:

@hammondoftexas said:

@dexterkid said:

What are your PC specs?

4770k, 760, 8gb

I'm at a 4670k, 770, 16gb. We'd probably have the same performance I'd think.

I'm running a i7-920 @3.2, 12gb, 780 OC'ed and the mod causes a performance hit and is for sure buggy. The only thing about it that I really like is the dynamic car headlights, it does look really nice.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

What are the known bugs? I've been holding out on watchdogs to get patched before I continue, and I can hold out a little longer to play with this tweak.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame the city still doesn't look as good as the one from the E3 demo.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame the city still doesn't look as good as the one from the E3 demo.

You can resurrect the shaders, but you can't bring back asset's that were busted down ;)