Watchdogs arriving this Tuesday, are you getting it?

• 55 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Watchdogs arriving this Tuesday, are you getting it? (204 votes)

Indeed I will...Time to play the sad story of Aiden Pearce. 40%
Nah, I'm not planning on getting it anytime soon. 33%
I'm still debating. 27%

Well the wait will soon be over. After playing Wolfenstien (Great Game, kinda sad ending) I'm in the mood for an asweome Open-World Adventure. I've already pre-ordered this game off of psn, and I don't go to work Tuesday so I'll spend some quality time with the game. Do I believe the game will live up to the hype? I think to a degree, but of course there will be people that will be super disappointed with it.

• 
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I need reviews and PC benchmarks. I want to get this game on PC but if that game is as badly optimized as I fear I may have to get it on PS4.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I've been hearing people complaining about the graphics on ps3 and 360, but lucky for me as long as the gameplay is fun I'm good.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have it pre-ordered 'cause I wanna play everything and I'm stupid about it.

It is not the game I'm most excited for though, and if I didn't care that much about videogames I would not have pre-ordered it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I feel like this game is really hurting from taking too goddam long to come out.

Then again, if it's great that shouldn't matter in the long run.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going back and forth between buying it or renting it. One way or another I will play it though.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Oh, the Wii U version isn't out yet on the 27th? That gives me time to think about it then.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I get paid on Tue and I have to get something for my PS4 after returning the boring-as-hell Assasins Creed Black Flag. Hopefully this isn't another one from the Ubi school of climb towers/collect stuff school of gameplay. If the reviews are OK I am going in - really hoping this is a fun open-world to arse about in.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I pre ordered to get Aiden Pearce's FUCKING ICONIC hat

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

What version were they playing on Gamespot yesterday? The graphics were not as good as expected, so I don't think it was the PC version. It also seemed very much like GTA in the bad way. I'm still getting it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic

@leebmx said:

I get paid on Tue and I have to get something for my PS4 after returning the boring-as-hell Assasins Creed Black Flag. Hopefully this isn't another one from the Ubi school of climb towers/collect stuff school of gameplay. If the reviews are OK I am going in - really hoping this is a fun open-world to arse about in.

I played the Freedom Cry DLC and man it was boring. It made me glad that I didn't drop the money to get the full game. I think I'm done with the Assassin's Creed Series at this point. Nothing about the series gets me hyped up anymore. Ubisoft games do tend to get repetitive quickly, but if the side content is fun then it can be forgiving. Far Cry 3 did that pretty well for me.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've hit the entire spectrum of excitement with this game, from HOLY SHIT back when it was first announced to increased apathy to back somewhere in the middle now. I will say that this is releasing at an ideal time for me, given the relative dearth in quality games for the new consoles right now. If the game gets good to great reviews and is where it ought to be after a delay in terms of graphics/optimization, I'll probably pick it up sometime next week, but I'm still in "wait-and-see mode" until then.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered on steam. There better be a preload or I won't be playing it until Thursday with my download speeds.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By micemoney

Yeah I'm getting it with pretty low expectations.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooope. Watch Dogs has never looked appealing me. I still hope it turns out to be a great game regardless, but I haven't seen anything that would ever make me want to pick it up.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I've put my money towards Murdered.

I pre ordered to get Aiden Pearce's FUCKING ICONIC hat

I would buy Watch_Dogs if you can play as Aiden Pearce's hat.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those delays really robbed me of pretty much any enthusiasm I had for the game, so no.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im getting the bundle.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was much more excited about it a year ago but I still think it looks pretty fun. I have to admit though, I almost cancelled my pre-order when I saw those gifs of the flashing bridge. But I thought it through and the idea behind the game is still really compelling to me. I hope it isn't stupid.

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As its come closer to release I feel more and more like I shouldn't buy this game... But I might. WHO KNOWS. probably be an impulse buy if I see some cool stuff about it one day.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered it for Xbox One from MS Store which gives you a $15 live gift card. (If ordered by the 22nd)
PC needs a GPU upgrade so I'll be getting most games on console till new video cards start showing up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

Nope. But then again I haven't played anything else besides FFXIV for well over a month now.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the delays really hurt this game. I was really excited at one point but now I just feel like I'm kind of over it.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chop

I don't think so

I feel pretty done with Ubisoft's big budget games at this point.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm getting it for sure, it looks interesting enough to purchase.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pyrodactyl

I really hope it's good because watch dogs is pretty much it until destiny in september. And I don't know even if I'm exited to play destiny.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like I won't be playing this game after all. My ps4 met its demise after 6 months of using it. I honestly don't know what the fuck happened. I was about to play warframe and my ps4 froze, and it got to the point when I had to pull the plug. Now the fucking piece of shit won't cut on at all. I was having some issues with it before, but I guess it just finally gave up.

I got no money for a new one at the moment, and now I don't want a ps4 anytime soon.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Krullban

I need reviews and PC benchmarks. I want to get this game on PC but if that game is as badly optimized as I fear I may have to get it on PS4.

It's leaked on PC now and I've been hearing it runs pretty well on average hardware. The recommended system requirements are giving people 70+ FPS on ultra.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@mikey87144 said:

It's leaked on PC now and I've been hearing it runs pretty well on average hardware. The recommended system requirements are giving people 70+ FPS on ultra.

I have an i5 and a GTX 760. I don't think I can play that game on ultra. Can you give me a link to the leaked PC version.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like I won't be playing this game after all. My ps4 met its demise after 6 months of using it. I honestly don't know what the fuck happened. I was about to play warframe and my ps4 froze, and it got to the point when I had to pull the plug. Now the fucking piece of shit won't cut on at all. I was having some issues with it before, but I guess it just finally gave up.

I got no money for a new one at the moment, and now I don't want a ps4 anytime soon.

Your PS4 is still well within warranty.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That's the worst story I've ever heard.. Sucks, dude..

I was thinking of getting it, yea. So probably. XONE.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll hinge on reviews for me. My initial interest was dulled by further information about the game so I'm coming in with middling expectations.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic said:

If I hadn't pre-ordered Watchdogs off of psn I would be less pissed, It's fuckin bullshit. I only had it for 6 months and now its gone already. It ended up just like all 4 of my xbox 360s. I was really excited to play Watchdog, but I can't now. At the moment I got to save money for a Vegas trip, and now I'm thinking about getting an XONE. I feel like a conflicted ryu hayabusa walking down a sad lonely road now.

Loading Video...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@falserelic said:

If I hadn't pre-ordered Watchdogs off of psn I would be less pissed, It's fuckin bullshit. I only had it for 6 months and now its gone already. It ended up just like all 4 of my xbox 360s. I was really excited to play Watchdog, but I can't now. At the moment I got to save money for a Vegas trip, and now I'm thinking about getting an XONE. I feel like a conflicted ryu hayabusa walking down a sad lonely road now.

Wow, that's crazy. Yea, I would cancel the PSN order just in case, Asap. But definitely still try to see if you can exchange out the PS4 with Sony. If you really have to go back to retailer, like Amazon or Meijer or something, then yea that seems harder at this point. Hopefully you have a receipt, especially if some of that stuff is online.

Truthfully, I've been PS3 more than XONE at this point, and XONE more than PS4 anyway. As soon as they put up the HBO Go app on XONE, that'll seem easier for me.

Oh and Watch Dogs: I'm not livid with Ubisoft yet, so I bought AC IV and Freedom Cry, and Watch Dogs, AC V, and Far Cry 4 still seem to be full steam ahead for me. I just doubt you could slaughter and stab everyone in the face and hide in the "bushes" like you can in AC, so I'm not too excited exactly. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting the WD Season Pass though. I'm a sucker, its fine. I have fun.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Getting many copies of this. Vigilante Edition for the cap and facemask will provide hilarious studio-based photo opportunities. Be sure to use the thing I worked on in the game! I can't mention what yet, but I will eventually.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The only thing I'm debating is whether to get this on Pc or Ps4.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pour out a little liquor

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@falserelic said:

Wow, that's crazy. Yea, I would cancel the PSN order just in case, Asap. But definitely still try to see if you can exchange out the PS4 with Sony. If you really have to go back to retailer, like Amazon or Meijer or something, then yea that seems harder at this point. Hopefully you have a receipt, especially if some of that stuff is online.

Truthfully, I've been PS3 more than XONE at this point, and XONE more than PS4 anyway. As soon as they put up the HBO Go app on XONE, that'll seem easier for me.

Oh and Watch Dogs: I'm not livid with Ubisoft yet, so I bought AC IV and Freedom Cry, and Watch Dogs, AC V, and Far Cry 4 still seem to be full steam ahead for me. I just doubt you could slaughter and stab everyone in the face and hide in the "bushes" like you can in AC, so I'm not too excited exactly. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting the WD Season Pass though. I'm a sucker, its fine. I have fun.

I been trying to cancel my pre-order, but there's no option. Feels like I'm still trying to fight after I lost the battle, it just ain't fair never was to begin with. Karma is one mean dirty bitch, she's a whore always will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably? I don't know, I think at this point I'm certain I'll get it, I just need to decide whether I get the PS4 or PC version(read: whether or not Ubisoft actually does PC optimization).

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I should finish paying it off tomorrow.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll Redbox it like I did Wolfenstein. I plan to purchase it on PS4 though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose it's been awhile since I've actually... Played a video game. This seems like it might be interesting and relevant. I'll probably play it.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By a_e_martin

@falserelic said:

@falserelic Dude, you don't have to pay for another PS4. You're well within the warranty period. Contact Sony or the store you got it from and they'll sort you out.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#44  Edited By TheMasterDS

I'll be getting it for sure. I'll want to play it. I think I'll buy on XONE, I prefer the controller and Sony are scumbags who update their store at 1 PM so I can't start the download before work. Which is real crap considering games take longer than my evening but not longer than my workday to download.

That said in this case it doesn't matter since e next Dresden Files book is coming out that day so I will be completely incapacitated that day unable to care about anything not it. Shame Watchdogs had to release that day.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For me, this is the first game in awhile where reviews may actually matter. I was really into the original E3 reveal trailer, until the end part part anyway but the more I've seen, the more the focus has been on the shooty-shooty, bang-bang. Ubisoft also have a spotty track record with PC as of late so I'll need to see how it performs first as well.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic said:

@falserelic Dude, you don't have to pay for another PS4. You're well within the warranty period. Contact Sony or the store you got it from and they'll sort you out.

I'll try to contact sony and see if I can renew it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah. Unless all the reviews say the game is broken, I'll be getting it. I like open world games enough that I want to play it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I never quite got into the E3 hype and unlike most I've grown more interested in Watch Dogs as they've shown more gameplay/mechanic videos. I know a lot of people were looking for something more but I'm a huge sucker for open-world mechanics so if this game is technically sound I will no doubt buy it at some point.

BUT, I have a pretty crazy backlog so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't buy or play it for a while. I could see me picking it up when I finally decide to get a new console.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I already pre ordered.... yes I will.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Depends on reviews. The game is a graphical powerhouse, but I haven't done a whole lot of pre-release scouting to learn about the substance, and what little I have seen makes me skeptical. It would be nice to see someone out-Rockstar Rockstar when it comes to open world city games, but then there's the rumor of GTA V coming out for PC and current gen consoles...