Hana Kimura has passed away

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dizzyhippos

For those not following the situation, she was on the most recent season of Terrace House and was being bullied and harassed by fans of the show, then mid Friday she started tweeting some disturbing things.

RIP Hana, gone way too soon.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Can't say I was familiar with her work but extremely sad to read about. She was only 22 and was already being set up as a star of the company.

I was such a mess when i was younger I can't imagine how I would react to public ridicule and social media shaming. That's why I try to tread super lightly with a lot of this stuff, even if someone messes up some. I can't imagine what it feels like and obviously it sometimes results in this kind of disaster.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So unbelievably sad.

Also twenty one years to the day after Owen.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I would go that far. We don't know what happened behind the scenes. Basically a costume of hers got damaged in the washing machine by mistake and she super freaked out on one of the guys. It was partly her fault, she overreacted. Some other small things occurred on the show too but nothing to make me think she would do this.

No one should ever receive threats or hate from random people, but unfortunately the internet can be a nasty place. Such a young beautiful woman who will be missed. RIP

apparently the show was edited to make her out to be a villain.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By brian_  Online

Terribly sad news to hear. I'm not super familiar with Stardom, but of the few shows I did see here and there, she always stood out to me as someone that just had the in-ring charisma and presence that I didn't see from a lot of the other wrestlers on that roster.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By imhungry

An absolute tragedy. I wouldn't go as far as saying that TH was edited to make her look like a villain, especially since she was presented as far and away one of the most bright, joyful people in that house. It was just a case of her losing her temper in a perfectly normal, human way that internet assholes took as reason to do internet asshole things. I was dreading the day when she'd leave the show but this is an absolute gut punch.

Haven't watched wrestling in years, but Hana came to TH in part hoping to get more people interested in wrestling so I'll definitely have to seek out some of her matches. RIP.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imhungry: @webby: points taken, edited original post to remove that since we can't know for sure.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No Caption Provided

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Its just so fucked up. Two really fucked up wrestling deaths of by all accounts two unanimously well loved people within almost a week.

Back 4 or so? years ago, when she was first coming on the scene, even in her first matches there was something that radiated from her that made basically everyone who saw her say "yeah she's gonna be a star, she is absolutely the future." It was a joy to watch her evolve herself with character changes and in ring improvements every year that showed off her creativity and charisma more and more each time.

Last year when she got her own stable and got picked to wrestle at the Tokyo Dome, it was obvious they had huge plans for her which was later confirmed. It hurts to know what would have been a fantastic career was cut off before it started. Rest in peace Hana.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rest of this season of Terrace house has been canceled.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I have no knowledge of wreselting but have been an avid fant of Terrace House for year.

I don't believe the show edited her or portrayed her as a villain. Though, like anyone, her strengths and her foibles were there for all to see. From my experience, generally the Terrace House fan community is a positive one.

Unfortunately however, like many communities, there are toxic pieces of filth who, instead of just watching a show and enjoying it for what it is - took it to message her directly through Twitter and other social media; post truly hateful things online and just generally being pieces of trash.

What a horrific outcome and a terrible tragedy. Anonymous posting culture (I'm aware of the inherent irony of that) and the needless hatred and vitriol people spread just truly truly sucks.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely for the best that the season was cancelled, good on them for making the decision. I probably wouldn't have been able to get through the season if they continued it anyway.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_insano: To make matters worse people are apparently going through her social media's and trying to track down the people that bullied her. Its getting to the point where people are getting scared of violence apparently.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@captain_insano: To make matters worse people are apparently going through her social media's and trying to track down the people that bullied her. Its getting to the point where people are getting scared of violence apparently.

Jesus. So stupidly hypocritical. If the people who bullied her have any humanity they probably feel pretty guilty already and hopefully might change their ways.

If they're professional trolls then nothing will faze them and threatening violence on them won't 'work' anyway.