The Wrestling Game Thread: Concept Teaser released for AEW game from Yukes!

• 58 results
Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Shiftygism
No Caption Provided

Oh fer fuck's sake, I just got a chance to watch the supposed cut stars video, and I just saw Jim Duggan was in. Why does he keep getting removed? Out of all of THQ and 2K's offerings, dude's only been in Legends of Wrestlemania. It just ain't right.

Not a very good model, but still...it would've been great to finally get ol' Hacksaw in one of the games.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: I am obviously on record as hating this art style, but I hope these are just temp models that will be fixed. They look like they were designed by people who had the wrestlers described to them by someone who saw a wrestling show once 20 years ago. Ric Flair's hair is as if they put Rey Mysterio in the game without his mask, or Rikishi in but he's thin and jacked.

Brett Hart looks like a young Rob Morrow.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another year, another wrestling game disappointment.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the teaser for one of the upcoming AEW games from YUKES!

Loading Video...

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turns out the other titles will be mobile releases. One is a general manager sim, and the other...a gambling game of some sort.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 15

@shindig said:

Telltale's Adventures in the WWE Universe.

"RING THE DAMN BELL!"

<Bret Hart will remember that>

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That AEW trailer looks promising. It looks a little more arcadey and action packed than the WWE sims have been, though it's impossible to tell how it plays. The graphics aren't fantastic but it's still very early.

My biggest takeaway is that this version of Hikaru Shida's ring gear is clearly based on Tifa from FF VII, and how did I not realize that? She has even cosplayed as Tifa. In real life I didn't necessarily see it but in video game form it's incredibly obvious.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I am totally willing to give Yukes a shot at a game unshackled from the "Your a mark you will buy it anyway so quality doesn't matter" trash mindset that is the WWE. I wish the manager game wasn't a mobile game but whatever.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By brian_

I'm just super curious to see what Yukes can do with a wrestling game removed from the forced yearly release schedule. They've been the brunt of a lot of people's shit talking over the years with those WWE games, which I always thought seemed unfair when you've got a publisher and the WWE demanding you put out a new game every year.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE Battlegrounds added some new characters recently including Ultimate Warrior, who looks cool despite his attire colors being weirdly off (and only 2 available), but folks are saying in a game where everyone has nearly the same generic moveset, he still lacks most of the signatures that made him like his running clotheslines, flying shoulder block, and Ultimate Splash. Why even bother putting him in?