• 65 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I'm easily excitable, and I sure like new logos. But, I just saw on Complex Gaming, and this might be the new logo. I'm not sure, if it's like for Xbox, now as a brand, or for the new Xbox Infinity.

Complex: Gaming: Is This The New Xbox Logo?

[I was on mobile last night. So this just got edited. Early bird gets the worm. Embed goes to BeachThunder, post numbah four, down there.]

I don't know. So. I like the lucid green they're doing. I like the font. That circle, though.. That X.. That X is weird. That checkmark ruins most of it. It makes me think that I wanna buy a: runnning shoe-support, or a highlighter dipped in local-brand Gatorade.. Huhf.. ~ I still think this a real bad fake. Nice try on the color, though..

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I hope not. I think it looks awful.

Edit: It's also just a logo. I really don't care what it looks like.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Ew. Also if this is real does that mean it really will just be called xbox?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

Seems legit, given Microsoft's recent rebranding.

I really wish they would ditch the ultra-lurid green though =/

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It reminds me too much of a close/exit button.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

That looks really awful. Everything rumors or not that I keep hearing about the new Xbox makes me want a PS4 more and more.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks lame but it also looks like it'd fit in perfectly to the modern interface of windows 8.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By FFFFFFF

It's crying. Why is Y so sad?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's pretty terrible.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Green_Incarnate

THE Y BOX. OMG

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

THE Xbox!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel as if Microsoft are going to make it easy for Sony next generation. We haven't even seen the new console yet, fair enough, but going on Microsoft's most recent product launches I get the feeling that they don't know what their doing. This is coming from someone who owes no allegiance to any manufacturer and couldn't care less about 'fanboyism' just a gut feeling I have right now.

I love how that logo could not be more Microsoft if it tried... if it's fake than it's one hell of a perfect fake.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be better

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14 gamer_152  Moderator

Uh, maybe? Like most of these rumours that get about, it seems believable, but we need something more concrete before we can say "yes". Sure is ugly though.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit. This is one of the worst logo redesigns I´ve ever seen.

So, yeah it seems legit. Microsoft seems to be into turning stuff to shit recently.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Humanity

Why is everyone saying it looks awful?

I think it looks slick and conforms to Microsoft standards. How much more extreme does an X in a circle need to look? Whats the PS4 logo? A P and then an S followed by a 4, in Spiderman font.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god. please. not another 'new' way to play.. please

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tarsier: Bet you had NO idea you could play games with your feet! WELL YOU CAN! With Microsoft Feet-o-nect!

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UlquioKani

I'm not a fan

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I feel like your avatar is appropriate with this comment.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By MEATBALL

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel as if Microsoft are going to make it easy for Sony next generation. We haven't even seen the new console yet, fair enough, but going on Microsoft's most recent product launches I get the feeling that they don't know what their doing. This is coming from someone who owes no allegiance to any manufacturer and couldn't care less about 'fanboyism' just a gut feeling I have right now.

I love how that logo could not be more Microsoft if it tried... if it's fake than it's one hell of a perfect fake.

It's really tempting to feel that way, I'm definitely trying to reserve judgement. That said, people probably would have said the same thing heading into the 360's reveal/launch, I think Microsoft regularly come off pretty inept with most of their product launches, but have been mostly getting it right with Xbox. The various rumours and such don't paint the brightest picture, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It looks like a fucking shirt button.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That logo is so bad that you have to put the word "xbox" next to it for anyone to know what it is. I sincerely hope that it's placeholder art or a bullshit mock-up because that design is just disastrous.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of you are insane.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Why is everyone saying it looks awful?

I think it looks slick and conforms to Microsoft standards. How much more extreme does an X in a circle need to look? Whats the PS4 logo? A P and then an S followed by a 4, in Spiderman font.

For one thing, if it was red instead of green it'd look just like some error message. That's seriously all I see, it reminds me of the time my iPod died almost 4 years ago. If I was red-green colorblind, that'd drive me insane.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EVO

For comparisons sake:

No Caption Provided

I'm not a fan of either.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they have to break off one part of the X? It doesn't even make sense.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@darthorange said:

THE Xbox!

No, xbox. Lower case. Cause all the cool kids don't capitalise any more.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter. However ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Well It was nice knowing you Xbox.

Seriously though I think Microsoft needs to address some the rumors that have been circling around lately. The rumors are not doing the next Xbox or Microsoft any favors: You always have to be connected to the internet, you can't play used games and all games have mandatory installations. That is not exactly the kind of stuff that gets me excited for the next generation.

So for now I will allow myself to be a fanboy when I say the following: Sony is bitch slapping Microsoft all over the place.

All hail PS4.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cheh said:

They've logo-fied the concept of the archetypal "12 year-old on Xbox Live throwing a tantrum". Genius!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By djou

@meatball: @trueenglishgent: Is anyone at all concerned that there has been little or no chatter about the next Xbox? I thought they were going to announce it in early April around GDC? Seems strange that the public hasn't even gotten the normal controlled leaks. Maybe this is the start? Last week there was the leak about SDK requiring game discs installation. Both these bits signal trouble. This logo smacks of Windows 8 branding, flat, bright, geometric.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't this proven to be a fake like 20 minutes after it was "leaked"?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was talking with my friend about Xbox pricing, and PS4.. And. if the Xbox comes out cheaper than the PS4, I think I'ma still get Xbox.

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people understand what logos are for but at least some dudes really got to take green down a peg

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just screams "kids toy" for parents now. The lowercase + rounded edges + circular background (to make it look like a ball sort of thing) will look so fitting next to the latest lego set or some shit.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mrsignerman44

That looks really awful. Everything rumors or not that I keep hearing about the new Xbox makes me want a PS4 more and more.

Pretty much, PS4 looks like it's catering more to the avid game player.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's an Xbox logo. I don't really care about it too much. I stopped caring about logos since the N64 stopped being the Ultra 64.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do not want !

Also "new way to play". EFF THAT ESS !

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im confused are people looking for a dark edgy reboot of the logo

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@cheh said:

Because: WHY?! T_T

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

Well It was nice knowing you Xbox.

Seriously though I think Microsoft needs to address some the rumors that have been circling around lately. The rumors are not doing the next Xbox or Microsoft any favors: You always have to be connected to the internet, you can't play used games and all games have mandatory installations. That is not exactly the kind of stuff that gets me excited for the next generation.

So for now I will allow myself to be a fanboy when I say the following: Sony is bitch slapping Microsoft all over the place.

All hail PS4.

Dude...no. C'mon, those were that same rumors both the PS3 and PS4 had and they were proven false except the installs but who doesn't install their games? Besides, you know it's bad business practices to comment on rumors or speculation because then if you choose to comment on one thing, you look suspicious if you don't comment on everything. It's a little early to consider anyone "bitch slapping" anyone, we haven't heard anything about the xbox and we haven't even seen the actual ps4.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Looks like the logo for a new hybrid car. I'm not a fan.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ValeYard
@meatball said:
@trueenglishgent said:

It's really tempting to feel that way, I'm definitely trying to reserve judgement. That said, people probably would have said the same thing heading into the 360's reveal/launch, I think Microsoft regularly come off pretty inept with most of their product launches, but have been mostly getting it right with Xbox. The various rumours and such don't paint the brightest picture, though.

Yep, I've felt a turn of the tide recently against Microsoft. For instance, the recent Joystiq PAX podcast with indie developers made it sound like Microsoft is just happy to earn money through services like Netflix in the next gen and hasn't even got round to informing indie devs on how they could develop for the platform.

Even worse for me, is the trend of this generation when you look back at it: They managed to annoy Bungie on the ODST announcement, Bungie left; they've basically killed Rare; Mass Effect went multiplatform, they should've held onto that sucka tight...

I've always felt worried about a company that would prefer to show their execs embarrassing themselves playing "You're in the Movies" rather than show a game from Bungie. Also, the way they stamped out the UK's pendant to Major Nelson, gave me the feeling they don't care for the gaming community enough. I'm surprised Major Nelson is still there.

Anyway, they could totally blow us all away at there press conference, we just don't know yet. However, I've always felt that Microsoft's structure aka 'The Tribe' is its own worst enemy. They just end up drinking their own cool aid and lose sight of which of their products have potential and which don't. I just hope the great people still in the Xbox department were able to fulfill their vision on the coming console and didn't have to brand everything with Windows.

Oh, and the logo kinda sucks, I mean is it a Y humping an X like chromosomes, but I do like the simple name Xbox if it should turn out to be legit!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god that is ugly. It looks like a pharmaceutical company logo

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

Hey, it's that video my picture is in! Good times!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#49  Edited By BeachThunder

@ollyoxenfree said:

@darthorange said:

THE Xbox!

No, xbox. Lower case. Cause all the cool kids don't capitalise any more.

Ah, so the xBox :P

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a Philips screw head, which seems fitting for a MS product. (I don't think it's real though).