Anyone switch their PS4 preorder to an Xbox One?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't want the Xbox One.

I really want a PS4.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayu26 said:

@greggd: Both don't have official release year, let alone release date. What now?

I think that is just as reasonable as saying people are excited about all the PS4 exclusives that have not even been announced yet. Everyone screaming about the next naughty dog game or god of war is even more unreasonable.

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know what an Xbox is.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jayu26

@syed117: Your argument for buying Xbox one before PS4 were those two games. I was trying to show that that argument is flawed, because we don't know when they will be released. If you argued for getting Xbox one first because of Froza or Killer Instinct then it would be valid, because those interest you more than PS4 launch games.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayu26 said:

@syed117: Your argument for buying Xbox one before PS4 were those two games. I was trying to show that that argument is flawed, because we don't know when they will be released. If you argued for getting Xbox one first because of Froza or Killer Instinct then it would be valid, because those interest you more than PS4 launch games.

well, it wasn't me. I was just trying to say that he is most excited about those two games despite them not even having dates. It's the same logic behind people saying they are excited about PS4 because of games that don't even officially exist.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh fuck no

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@syed117 said:

@jayu26 said:

well, it wasn't me. I was just trying to say that he is most excited about those two games despite them not even having dates. It's the same logic behind people saying they are excited about PS4 because of games that don't even officially exist.

I can't tell many how many times I've argued with my friend about Uncharted 4 and TLOU 2, two games that don't exist. Same with God of War. Its just so fucking hard to wrap my head around.

Halo "5," "exists." Etc.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117: How many of them say they are buying PS4 before Xbox One, because of those games? Because that would be funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not pre-ordering either console. If I have to get one at launch, I'll have to go through the whole midnight experience.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayu26 said:

@syed117: How many of them say they are buying PS4 before Xbox One, because of those games? Because that would be funny.

that's one of the biggest reasons people give when I ask. So many people say they are getting the ps4 because of sony exclusives. When I ask which ones, they don't know specifically. Just vague remarks about the next naughty dog game and the next other big sony franchise that hasnt even been announced.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By jayu26

@syed117: @blu3v3nom07: But are they getting PS4 before Xbox one, or it the only one they are getting period? Because trusting in Sony first party in terms of diversity, quality and quantity over next five years is a pretty good argument for buying PS4.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@jayu26: My friend is getting a PS4 because he wants to have a grudge. In his words "I just don't trust Microsoft." He gives into all the hate Reddit tells him. Even though his wife is gonna miss Dance Central 4, again, a game that doesn't "exist." And we used to Halo for a good long while.

My other friend is doing sort of the same but is more of a CoD bro, and said "Hayl (Hell) no!"

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Syed117

@jayu26 said:

@syed117: @blu3v3nom07: But are they getting PS4 before Xbox one, or it the only one they are getting period? Because trusting in Sony first party in terms of diversity, quality and quantity over next five years is a pretty good argument for buying PS4.

of course im talking about the people who want both. Been around for too long, I know trying to convince someone with a preexisting bias is impossible. There are people who definitely say that they want the ps4 first and then the xbox one later. I don't really understand that considering how many more exclusives are already announced for xbox one.

Avatar image for houseofballoons
HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

@syed117 said:

I don't think you will find many people on the internet that love the xbox one. Sony has had all the positive momentum from their initial reveal and this is the internet. The xbox one is just now starting to gain some popularity.

I think price is a huge factor, but the whole chip on the shoulder herd mentality displayed by so many sony fans is getting a little old.

Preferring one brand to another is fine, but dismissing something completely is childish. Every time someone goes on a rant about the kinect spying on them, or that it sucks or even dismissing all the cloud stuff Microsoft is pushing. No one knows if these things will work and it's hard not feel depressed about gamers when they are willing to dismiss everything that microsoft is doing despite the product not being on shelves.

If the internet has proven anything, it's that hypocrisy reigns supreme and apparently people don't want change. The unconditional love for the PS4 is proof of that. Microsoft will always be the big evil corporation despite everything they have done for gaming. Sony despite all the mistakes of the PS3 can do no wrong.

I think it's pretty disgusting, actually. Especially considering the fact that I have been labeled as a "Microsoft evangelist/marketer" numerous times throughout the thread. TBH, that was the last response I was predicting to see in this thread before I created it. Heh, guess I know better now eh?

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No. I can appreciate some of the cool development Microsoft has done with the Xbox One, but it's for things I have no interest in and wouldn't use. Perhaps in a year or so I'll get one once they have 10 exclusives I want to play - that aren't on PC.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By jayu26

@syed117: Yeah I don't know. I saw Titan fall and my jaws dropped (it is going to be one hell of a game seriously), but I don't really play multiplayer focused games. Infamous or even Knack on the other hand speak to me. But this bias you speaks of stems from that, the types of games you like. So, if someone argues that they are buying PS4 first because of Knack that is fine, if the other guy argues they are buying Xbox because of Froza that is fine too.

The more exclusives argument is all hogwash. All I know is release date/quarter that are announced and even those are subject to change. Still waiting on The Last Guardian, sigh.

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@jayu26: My friend is getting a PS4 because he wants to have a grudge. In his words "I just don't trust Microsoft." He gives into all the hate Reddit tells him. Even though his wife is gonna miss Dance Central 4, again, a game that doesn't "exist." And we used to Halo for a good long while.

My other friend is doing sort of the same but is more of a CoD bro, and said "Hayl (Hell) no!"

"Don't trust Microsoft" is a meme brought on by Microsoft themselves. People did not like what they were doing, Sony took advantage of the situation and rest is history.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@houseofballoons: Man, I've been called a Microsoft shill on here before. Don't let it get to you. A blarghed out fuck said to me "Maybe he is just a Microsoft shill and should be banned from GiantBomb."

So fuck em! :)

@jayu26 I guess you're missing half my point here man. Its all about context with me and him, sure. But it was because they fucked up everything at E3 and such, so on. He didn't seem to like that Gears: Judgement any, and so why he's not excited on a rumored another Gears. Even though those things don't have anything to do with each other.

Even though he's more excited for XONE, and he doesn't like any of the PS4 launch games, nor does he like the new Killzone because he told me. He's getting a PS4 because fuck Microsoft. And so on, etc.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

At the end of the day, I want the future and I want to support the company that has consistenty brought real innovation to the console gaming landscape.

You're getting a WiiU?

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

I don't think you will find many people on the internet that love the xbox one. Sony has had all the positive momentum from their initial reveal and this is the internet. The xbox one is just now starting to gain some popularity.

I think price is a huge factor, but the whole chip on the shoulder herd mentality displayed by so many sony fans is getting a little old.

Preferring one brand to another is fine, but dismissing something completely is childish. Every time someone goes on a rant about the kinect spying on them, or that it sucks or even dismissing all the cloud stuff Microsoft is pushing. No one knows if these things will work and it's hard not feel depressed about gamers when they are willing to dismiss everything that microsoft is doing despite the product not being on shelves.

If the internet has proven anything, it's that hypocrisy reigns supreme and apparently people don't want change. The unconditional love for the PS4 is proof of that. Microsoft will always be the big evil corporation despite everything they have done for gaming. Sony despite all the mistakes of the PS3 can do no wrong.

I think it's pretty disgusting, actually. Especially considering the fact that I have been labeled as a "Microsoft evangelist/marketer" numerous times throughout the thread. TBH, that was the last response I was predicting to see in this thread before I created it. Heh, guess I know better now eh?

I made a thread a while back and people said the same thing about me. Didn't understand it then and don't understand it now. I think it says a lot more about the people calling us that.

Anyone who says they like microsoft or the things they are doing with the xb1 works for microsoft, but the countless people going crazy for the ps4 are all exempt from those kinds of titles.

Until sony shows me more exclusives, I will remain more excited about the xbox one. They need to bring a lot more to gamescom because their E3 games showcase was weak.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

@syed117 said:

At the end of the day, I want the future and I want to support the company that has consistenty brought real innovation to the console gaming landscape.

You're getting a WiiU?

The key word was "real". Using a touch screen is fine, but I have a phone and a tablet already. I was specifically talking about xbox live, individual player headsets, achievements and hopefully kinect 2.0 and the cloud power for XB1.

No matter how dismissive people want to be, the story of the XB1 hasnt been written yet. I'm just excited to see where it will go.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By jayu26

@blu3v3nom07: I don't have insight into this man's psyche. May be you should find other people to play with you on Xbox.

@syed117: Oh man, you were fine until...

the cloud power for XB1

I'm out.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@jayu26: Oh sure! I have Xbox friends lined up. Its fine. Thanks though!

But yea, that's why I'm getting a PS4 also very soon. It seems that if I buy an XONE and Killer Instinct, he would totally try it.

Like he is one of those strange people that think that Dead Rising 3 is gonna go over to PS4 at some point, even though Microsoft is publishing it. And then there's me explaining that publishing means a publisher giving a developer money so they can make a game, throughout 4 years. Like, its not like Capcom is publishing DR3 and making it exclusive on one platform. Its just not the same thing.. Even though, I'm not sure who owns the IP now, huh?

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope, I'm keeping my preorders for both consoles.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#177  Edited By xyzygy

@jakelyne said:
@demoskinos said:

I'm not buying anything at launch. I'll buy a PS4 once Metal Gear Solid 5 release date gets announced.

Same here. Probably won't pick one up until either MGS5 or Destiny are out.

I completely forgot about MGS! That game alone will eventually make me purchase a PS4 if I decide to get an X1 first. Metal Gear on the PS1 will always be in my top 5.

I can't be bothered to sift through 5 pages of replies to see if this was replied to or not, but MGS5 is also coming to the X1. Just so you know.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@sergio said:

@syed117 said:

You're getting a WiiU?

The key word was "real". Using a touch screen is fine, but I have a phone and a tablet already. I was specifically talking about xbox live, individual player headsets, achievements and hopefully kinect 2.0 and the cloud power for XB1.

No matter how dismissive people want to be, the story of the XB1 hasnt been written yet. I'm just excited to see where it will go.

I'm talking about a "company that has consistently" been innovative in gaming. Nintendo actually has been a bigger innovator than Microsoft when it comes to gaming consoles, with real innovations. (And I say this as someone who doesn't own a WiiU.)

The things you've listed aren't really innovative from Microsoft unless you've only been playing Xbox games. I'm not dismissing that those things, with the possible exception of Kinect, aren't good, but they aren't innovative. I would say the "real" innovative things from a console perspective that they've done is the hypervisor stuff and TV passthrough.

Saying "cloud power" is kind of ridiculous. I'm not being dismissive here, I know what the cloud is capable of as a software engineer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@xyzygy said:

@houseofballoons said:

@jakelyne said:
@demoskinos said:

I'm not buying anything at launch. I'll buy a PS4 once Metal Gear Solid 5 release date gets announced.

I completely forgot about MGS! That game alone will eventually make me purchase a PS4 if I decide to get an X1 first. Metal Gear on the PS1 will always be in my top 5.

I can't be bothered to sift through 5 pages of replies to see if this was replied to or not, but MGS5 is also coming to the X1. Just so you know.

What heathens play Metal Gear games on Microsoft platforms?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#180  Edited By xyzygy

@demoskinos said:

@xyzygy said:

@houseofballoons said:

@jakelyne said:
@demoskinos said:

What heathens play Metal Gear games on Microsoft platforms?

Uh, me. I played Substance first on Xbox, Peace Walker first on 360. 3 I originally played on PS2 but couldn't get into it because it was after the age of HD and hated the blurred visuals. Enjoyed it immensely on 360.

In fact the only game that is PS exclusive is MGS4, which is IMO the worst MGS game. I tried playing it again recently after 1, 2, 3, and Peace Walker, and it really cannot hold a candle to the other titles in the series. It was so far up its own ass, did nothing unique or creative, and was way too easy. Octocamo killed that game.

Haven't played PO, which I know is also PS exclusive, and I played 1 on PC. I don't really count PO for some reason. And Kojima doesn't count it either apparently, since he was only producer on that game.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: and I've had every Nintendo console aside from the wiiU. Tech does matter and Nintendo for the last two generations has proven that they don't care about it. They have also shown that they are willing to makes games worse using their so called innovative control schemes. Games like donkey kong country were ruined by terrible forced motion controls.

I absolutely think saying xbox live and what was accomplished more than 10 years was innovative. It started the home console online revolution. Including an Ethernet port on the original xbox was extremely forward thinking. You are absolutely dismissing it. It has nothing to do with just playing xbox games. They set the standard for the industry and Sony followed in their footsteps. They still havent caught up.

I also didnt say "cloud power" like it's some magical thing that will give consoles unlimited power. It is a resource that has the potential to be exploited. We don't know how that will happen yet and I'm not arrogant enough to flat out say that it will never be used for anything. The xbox one isn't even out yet and people are already throwing it under the bus. If the next gen is around for the same amount of time as the current one, I have no idea what will happen. I don't know where Internet speed, or latency, or azure will be. It all comes down to pure arrogance. To suggest that anyone knows where tech is headed is laughable.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By GreggD

@syed117 said:

@jayu26 said:

@greggd: Both don't have official release year, let alone release date. What now?

I think that is just as reasonable as saying people are excited about all the PS4 exclusives that have not even been announced yet. Everyone screaming about the next naughty dog game or god of war is even more unreasonable.

This is the truth. Also, I never said WHEN I was going to buy an XB1. I just said it would be gotten before a PS4, because of those two games. I'll do perfectly fine with my 360 and PC until they get released.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@syed117 said:

@jayu26 said:

This is the truth. Also, I never said WHEN I was going to buy an XB1. I just said it would be gotten before a PS4, because of those two games. I'll do perfectly fine with my 360 and PC until they get released.

Jokes on you, fucker. Microsoft is shutting down all 360s six hours before the Xbox One launches.

HouseOfBalloons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By HouseOfBalloons

@sergio: the xbox one isn't even out yet and people are already throwing it under the bus. If the next gen is around for the same amount of time as the current one, I have no idea what will happen. I don't know where Internet speed, or latency, or azure will be. It all comes down to pure arrogance. To suggest that anyone knows where tech is headed is laughable.

If everyone were to think like this, there would be no innovation, period. I don't understand how people can trash something that has not yet been put to the test. And to be clear, this does not only pertain to the X1.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseofballoons said:

Seriously.. I'm not a marketer. I can't believe that's a legitimate worry nowadays on forums..

Hey brothers, I'm totally not a cop... so where are the marijuana cigarettes?

I actually laughed out loud.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@sergio: and I've had every Nintendo console aside from the wiiU. Tech does matter and Nintendo for the last two generations has proven that they don't care about it. They have also shown that they are willing to makes games worse using their so called innovative control schemes. Games like donkey kong country were ruined by terrible forced motion controls.

I absolutely think saying xbox live and what was accomplished more than 10 years was innovative. It started the home console online revolution. Including an Ethernet port on the original xbox was extremely forward thinking. You are absolutely dismissing it. It has nothing to do with just playing xbox games. They set the standard for the industry and Sony followed in their footsteps. They still havent caught up.

I also didnt say "cloud power" like it's some magical thing that will give consoles unlimited power. It is a resource that has the potential to be exploited. We don't know how that will happen yet and I'm not arrogant enough to flat out say that it will never be used for anything. The xbox one isn't even out yet and people are already throwing it under the bus. If the next gen is around for the same amount of time as the current one, I have no idea what will happen. I don't know where Internet speed, or latency, or azure will be. It all comes down to pure arrogance. To suggest that anyone knows where tech is headed is laughable.

I'm not dismissing online consoles. My Sega Dreamcast was online before the Xbox was. (It also had a microphone.) It was a natural progression that consoles would include an ethernet port instead of having a separate adapter. Before that, there were other online initiatives to varying degrees for consoles. As a PC gamer, it made sense that consoles would take what the PC was already benefitting from.

The Xbox One is not the first gaming system to use the cloud. The cloud isn't exclusive to the Xbox One this generation either. Microsoft's earlier claims that it will make the Xbox One 4 times more powerful are ridiculous because it ignores existing internet infrastructures.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be excited about the Xbox One or the PS4. They're new consoles that will deliver better games than we've seen on the Xbox 360 or PS3. That alone should be reason to be excited. I just find it ludicrous whenever someone claims that Xbox One is the future, or that Sony has made PS3.5 instead of PS4. Both systems are looking towards the future.

So the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the Xbox One? So? If you're a huge Halo fan, then you should buy the latter. Enjoy the multi-platform games until the next Halo comes out. You don't need to make up excuses other than it has or will have the games you enjoy to play.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

The two games I'm looking forward to the most, and the reason I'm going to get an X1 before a PS4, are the new Remedy game and Sunset Overdrive.

Quantum Break is my most anticipated game on the Xbox. FUUUUU, Remedy has already sold me on the pitch, all they need to do is deliver.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely not switching my preorder, but I have no doubt a lot of people will. The Xbox has always appealed to what I like to call the "people with 420 in their online usernames audience," as was shown at the xbox reveal.

To me though, everything Microsoft does just seems shady. Obviously the Kinect being mandatory is a little weird, after they were caught spying on people, but that's not really even what I'm talking about. All of the wording for their policies and stuff just always seems deliberately confusing, and usually sounds like marketing spin. You can just tell they're out to trick people at every turn.

Whatever, though. That's just my opinion, and I'm sure they'll have some great games for the people that do get one.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: Remedy is my favorite developer, and wherever they go, I go.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By bigjeffrey
NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the PS4 order but I'll probably just buy both.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Tarsier

the people who buy the xbox one are like those stalker husks from half life those ones that manipulate the machines but dont realize that the machines are actually manipulating them

rip xbox fans

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By supamon

Wasn't switching. Getting both but picking X1 first.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Syed117

@tarsier: every time someone make a comment about xbox being for dude bros and 420 frat boys, Im glad to see such informed and mature Playstation fans.

It's happening all over the Internet, I guess trolling xbox forums is the cool thing to do these days.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@greggd said:

The two games I'm looking forward to the most, and the reason I'm going to get an X1 before a PS4, are the new Remedy game and Sunset Overdrive.

I remember the last time I was really impressed by a colorful and fun looking trailer of a new Insomniac game. I think we all know how that turned out.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

@tarsier: every time someone make a comment about xbox being for dude bros and 420 frat boys, Im glad to see such informed and mature Playstation fans.

It's happening all over the Internet, I guess trolling xbox forums is the cool thing to do these days.

i dont think i said anything that follows reasonably to your projection

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back coloured names!! Seriously reading through this thread is too entertaining.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By bigjeffrey

@msavo said:

Bring back coloured names!! Seriously reading through this thread is too entertaining.

What color is shill color?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers