Elite Controller Issues

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

My Elite controller recently shit the bed. The left stick pulls up slightly, which is enough to ruin every game. I contacted Microsoft support, hoping to pay a service fee for repair but they recommended me to the a Microsoft retail store. Went there, waited 2 hours, and the dude told me tough noogies. Completely boned, no options, shit sucks. I take really good care of my stuff, to the point that I've never had this issue with cheaper controllers. I loved that controller but jeeze, I don't think I can swallow a whole new purchase. Any suggestions?

Rasrimra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rasrimra

The issue you have with it is not unknown. I'm not sure that they are legally obligated to help you. They would be in the EU, I don't know where you live. In my country we have a website for public complaints. People post public complaints, that the website sends to the companies, and the companies are shamed for not solving problems by making it public. As a result, half those problems actually get resolved. Maybe there is such a website for your country? I'm sorry I think you're in the USA so I can't really help much cause I don't know how things work there. I'm surprised nobody has responded to you yet.

Ultimately my suggestion is to not buy MS controllers.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

Doesn't it come with software to fix your deadzones?

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WillyOD

My Elite Controller's left stick started drifting just last week. I've had it for about 10 months. Very annoying in some menus. Glad I got two months of warranty left. I'm gonna send it in next week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine had the loose stick problem and after a couple of months it didn't want to connect via usb at all. I brought it in and got a full refund. Bought a wireless 360 controller for pc and a steam gift card for 100€.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems like the controllers are garbage tbh. I got one as well that has a couple of problems. It frequently losing sync with the official Xbox dongle thing. I thought the dongle was bad until I tried another xbox controller. But no, it's the elite controller. And now the Y button sticks really bad to the point where it's almost unusable.