Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Have to wonder if these executives even know the reasons behind their company's decisions. With how large MS is, I imagine it's one colossal game of telephone just to get the word out to their own people. One thing's for sure though, they're not talking to us like human beings whatsoever, and we are not stupid. They need a guy to come out on a stage and explain in plain English how and why their features work the way that they do; stop patronizing us. There are potential positives about their console that could be brought to light if they stopped talking in buzzwords.

But regardless, the 24 hour check-in is absolutely not acceptable. I don't care much about the loss of used games (though I strongly believe they help the industry rather than hurt it), but the required internet connection only guarantees that the console isn't going to get any variety from burgeoning markets in Europe and South America. There's also no way in heck those authentication servers will work on launch. I would almost guarantee that the console will be completely unplayable for several days; not to mention constantly taken down for maintenance over the course of many years. There is nothing about this that is worth all the trouble and burden they are putting on both themselves and the consumer.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By OGred

Even if they do change their policies, the change will be attributed to sony. If microsoft backed out of their policies that would only give sony more applause

"The company that humbled Microsoft"

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By ProfessorEss

Can anyone find me an example of something that failed as a result of internet rage? It's easy to find ones that succeeded: Steam, the Wii, Kinect, Fez on PC, the Call of Duty boycott, the PSN hack, the list goes on and on.

I'm not saying I disagree with people's anger, I'm just saying that in this industry it seems like the madder the internet is at something, the better it sells.

captianchase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By captianchase

@mrfluke: The PC crowd was just as internet pissed with Steam and DRM as everyone is now at the Xbox1 so my comparison still holds some value because people didn't actually value "principles" or whatever bullshit they were saying over quality service/games. It will be interesting to see if this experiment by Microsoft of bring this model to consoles will work.

Steam still requires an online activiation, which is the route I could see microsoft adjusting to if they change anything because it still allows them to not care about whether the disc is in the trey/possession or not.

The people attending an E3 press conference are not even remotely representative of the population that plays games.

If used games or rentals are a huge deal breaker for someone or the majority of their gaming purchases then Microsoft doesn't want their business because they don't make any money off those consumers. This is because the console boxes are usually sold at a loss and then license fees from game sales are how console manufactures make money and used/rented games means no license fines. Microsoft is betting that more people care about what they tend to provide as a quality service and games then saving $5 a game which I see no problem with, not every product is for everyone.

I have no idea which console I am going to buy at this point but its gonna come down to games, services, and which console more of my friends have none of which are known yet.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea which console I am going to buy at this point but its gonna come down to games, services, and which console more of my friends have none of which are known yet.

you should ask them and see where they are leaning, thats ultimately the unknown factor here, what do the average people that arent "always online" and on forum boards think of the machine.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mrfluke said:

@chibithor said:

@lind_l_taylor said:

Maybe Microsoft is shorting their own stock, they make Xbone flop & then make money off the stock crash?

Anyhow, looks like I'll be happily playing Titanfall on the PC, probably through a Steam purchase. :-)

Actually, since it's published by EA chances are it won't be on Steam.

yep, thats definitely going to be tied to origin.

That also explains why it has that "Call of Duty" style shooter interface to it. Didn't
know it was EA. Oh well, I don't need to play it that badly. Perhaps some other
game designers will build their own FPS Mech game for the rest of us.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Chibithor

@lind_l_taylor: I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but since it's on Source Engine, maybe there's still a slight chance they might get it on Steam? Whatever the case, it's going to be weird. An Origin-exclusive Source game or an EA game on Steam.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By LiquidPrince

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke: it's the other way here. Local place has 50 X1 orders and 30 Ps4. But it seems both of their ore orders have been cut off.

My local EB said that they have a 6 to 1 ratio of PS4's over X1's preordered.

Avatar image for 23r23d23r23423r23r
23r23d23er23r234f2f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@mrfluke: it's the other way here. Local place has 50 X1 orders and 30 Ps4. But it seems both of their ore orders have been cut off.

EB I went to said 'Youd' think the xbox didn't exist, nobody seems interested'. This was shortly after the guy had just convinced a woman to buy a PS4 for her son because it had ticked all the boxes for the questions she had asked

Went to another shop (not EB) and they said PS4 had doubled xbox in preorders.

Guy in my class changed his pre-order from xboxone to PS4 and the person working there there said that there had been many doing the same. Apparently that shop has a 5:1 ratio in favour of PS4 for pre-orders. On some Australian forums people have been talking ratios of 10:1, not sure to believe that or not but it honestly wouldn't surprise me that much.

I'm still undecided at this point but I'm leaning towards PS4 after initially telling myself I'd go with xbox before E3 came around.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in my local shop the ouya has a 500: 3 for ps4/xone fucking metal man

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How embarassing

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Major Mistake

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_laughing_man said:

No ratio, but Amazon does have a listing of the top selling video game products for the year:

1) $20 PSN card

2) Playstation 4 (no longer accepting pre-orders)

3) 12 Month Live Card (online code)

4) 12 Month Live Card

5) 1200 Microsoft Points card

6) Xbox One (still accepting pre-orders)

Ouch.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BRich