Avatar image for bassman2112
#1 Posted by bassman2112 (1114 posts) -

Here is a link

The text:

People familiar with Xbox history know that J. Allard was well liked and viewed by many as the “Father of the Xbox“. Last week All Things D reported that there’s a major Microsoft reorg in the works. It seems like J. Allard (if he’s willing) could easily take the helm of the Xbox One and help fix the E3 aftermath.

On Windows Weekly ep. 315 (at the 1:44:13 mark) Mary Jo Foley shared a rumor that J. Allard might be making a return to Microsoft.

A popular sentiment towards Microsoft and its approach to the Xbox One is that the company is disconnected, notwithstanding their recent policy changes. Gamertag Radio posted “An Open Letter to Don Mattrick” and attached interviews with old Xbox execs that exhibited the contrary; Microsoft seemed genuinely engaged with the community. After listening to Allard’s interviews, I get the feeling his enthusiasm and sincerity towards core gamers could be the change the Xbox One needs.

Avatar image for nightriff
#2 Edited by Nightriff (7122 posts) -

You are just getting people's hopes up only to bring them down. I will be surprised if he is brought back or wants to come back

Avatar image for blu3v3nom07
#3 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4385 posts) -

Oh muh gosh..

Avatar image for jimbo
#4 Edited by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

It's like Rambo 2 all over again.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#5 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -

MS pulled some surprising shit already that nobody saw coming but this....I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Avatar image for extomar
#6 Posted by EXTomar (5047 posts) -

Hope springs eternal for some.

Avatar image for hailinel
#7 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

I'll never understand the cult of personality that surrounds Allard. The guy's image was entirely manufactured down to the suit coat-hoodie combo.

Avatar image for herpderp
#8 Posted by HerpDerp (136 posts) -

@hailinel: Just like he saved the Zune, J Allard will... Oh right...

Avatar image for redcream
#9 Edited by redcream (829 posts) -

Julie Larson-Green would be Don Mattrick's replacement.

Avatar image for ch3burashka
#10 Edited by ch3burashka (6087 posts) -

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

Avatar image for toowalrus
#11 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -

I don't want that man to sell me TV and Kinect bullshit, it would be sad.

Avatar image for joshthebear
#12 Posted by joshthebear (2704 posts) -

Don't get my hopes up.

Avatar image for daneian
#13 Posted by Daneian (1308 posts) -

People actually liked Allard? I always wanted to punch him for some reason i cant explain

Avatar image for evilnights
#14 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1169 posts) -

Even if Allard resurfaced only to announce he was involved in launching Doomed Android Gaming Device #307 I would MTFO.

Avatar image for jackhole
#15 Posted by Jackhole (407 posts) -

Which J Allard are we getting?

Dreadlocks:

No Caption Provided

or Chunky:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for xyzygy
#16 Posted by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

Don't get all the Allard hate? He seemed like someone you could be friends with. He was always really grounded in the things he said and he was just a really passionate person. I hope this is true.

Avatar image for hailinel
#17 Edited by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Don't get all the Allard hate? He seemed like someone you could be friends with. He was always really grounded in the things he said and he was just a really passionate person. I hope this is true.

He was a polished marketer. Particularly his image makeover to go from this:

@jackhole said:

Hello!
Hello!

To this:

'Tis I, Supreme Wizard of the Superdouche Cult!
'Tis I, Supreme Wizard of the Superdouche Cult!

I wouldn't doubt at all that his drastic image change was little more than a ploy, and it comes off as both forced and phony.

Avatar image for aurahack
#18 Posted by aurahack (2539 posts) -

To reiterate what I posted on Twitter the day of the Mattrick announcement...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theironweasel
#19 Posted by TheIronWeasel (30 posts) -

Allllllaaaaaaaaarrrrdddd! ALLAAAAAAARRRRRDDDD!

Avatar image for xyzygy
#20 Edited by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@xyzygy said:

Don't get all the Allard hate? He seemed like someone you could be friends with. He was always really grounded in the things he said and he was just a really passionate person. I hope this is true.

He was a polished marketer. Particularly his image makeover to go from this:

@jackhole said:
Hello!
Hello!

To this:

'Tis I, Supreme Wizard of the Superdouche Cult!
'Tis I, Supreme Wizard of the Superdouche Cult!

I wouldn't doubt at all that his drastic image change was little more than a ploy, and it comes off as both forced and phony.

So a person in marketing loses weight and develops a sense of style... and suddenly he's forced and phony? I think anyone in any career can do that and they wouldn't be called forced and phony. A very shallow judgement.

Not every action equates to negative connotations.

Avatar image for hailinel
#21 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@xyzygy: Nowhere did I say anything negative regarding his weight loss. I'm happy he got in better shape. But that change in style still screams forced to me.

Avatar image for xyzygy
#22 Edited by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

@hailinel: You said "drastic image change" and quoted a picture of him when he was like 75-100 pounds heavier. So yeah I think that it's generally implied that the weight was also included. His hair was already balding anyway so it's not like far-out for him to shave his head, and a new shirt and blazer isn't really a drastic image change.

And I didn't say you said anything negative. Just that you included it in his "ploy", which was "forced and phony", and that's negative in itself.

Avatar image for hailinel
#23 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@hailinel: You said "drastic image change" and quoted a picture of him when he was like 75-100 pounds heavier. So yeah I think that it's generally implied that the weight was also included. His hair was already balding anyway so it's not like far-out for him to shave his head, and a new shirt and blazer isn't really a drastic image change.

And I didn't say you said anything negative. Just that you included it in his "ploy".

The guy looks like his wardrobe came straight out of a class on how to market to young people.

Avatar image for hunkulese
#24 Posted by Hunkulese (4016 posts) -

What the fuck kind of name is J.?

Avatar image for brendan
#25 Posted by Brendan (9042 posts) -

Who the fuck can wear a shirt, a hoodie, and then a blazer. That would be so goddamn hot. Layering is fashionable, I get that, but I don't know how anybody does it. I wish I could, but I sweat in minutes if I'm indoors with more than two layers on.

Avatar image for alexglass
#26 Posted by AlexGlass (704 posts) -

It would be cool, but.... I'm sorry, this is by far the best piece of technology Microsoft's research department has ever put together. So I'm cool with J Allard, as long as he doesn't try to "fix it" anymore than they have already "fixed" the Digital Game Sharing feature.

This console is amazing. It doesn't need to be fixed. Just put him in charge of software development. That's where MS could use a bit of a change in policy. Heck just let him run Rare.

Avatar image for dallas_raines
#27 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2269 posts) -

He's the hero we deserve, and the one we need right now.

Avatar image for andorski
#28 Posted by Andorski (5481 posts) -

Won't happen. He left because Ballmer dropped his Courier project due to it not fitting in with "one OS fits all" structure of the then-future Microsoft. Unless Allard now shares this perspective, I don't see his visions fitting in with the interconnectedness Microsoft is aiming for.