Xbox One backwards compatability - what do you hope to play?

• 60 results
JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

So with the Xbox One backwards compatibility update due later this year (I think next month is when it is due to release), I am curious as to what games fellow duders are hoping to see make the compatibility launch window (or in general)?

Here are a few that I would like to see:

• SSX - This game was pretty cool from what I remember playing. However, I did not really get into it when the game came out as my friends were into other titles so it sort of got forgotten about. So with the backwards compatibility option, I would like to be able to play this again (and who knows, maybe with Twitch support, another version of this game could happen for the new consoles).
  • Red Dead Redemption - Another case for me of a game I enjoyed, but did not play enough of. If this is playable on Xbox One, I would hope friends would get back into it as I really enjoyed the co-operative missions and online free roam. Also, the Halloween DLC would be great to play as I have not started it.
  • Skate - I loved the demo of the game but never actually got it. With Tony Hawks being a bit of a disaster (or it seems, I have not played it so can not say from my own experience), this seems like a great time to get Skate and give that a go.

There are probably others that I could go into (such as Burnout Paradise) but I want to hear what fellow duders would like to see. I guess it may be.... tricky (eh, eh?) to come up with ideas. Please feel free to talk about games you want to play, or perhaps suggestions for titles people who did not have an Xbox 360 but got the Xbox One may want to try if they got the chance?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teddie

I really want Lost Odyssey, I played about 5 hours a couple years back and got distracted. But I want to get back to it sooner rather than later, while I'm still in the mood to play it, and I already have my 360 set up again soooo...

Honestly most of the games I bought and didn't get around to for the 360 will probably never see backwards compatibility added-- at least not any time soon.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Skate

Skate 2

Skate 3

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think I'll go back and play some more Mark of the Ninja. Hopefully I will actually go back and finish a number of games that I was most likely about an hour away from completing. Who am I kidding, fallout 4 is out next month and I will be down that rabbit hole for a long time.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm going to move all my physical 360 games into the attic pretty soon, so I'm just hoping they'll make as many arcade games backwards compatible as possible. It's been really fun to playing Super Meat Boy through "back-compat" recently.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thiago123

You know, I'm really looking forward to this feature, and I recently fired up my 360 to make sure I moved over saves to cloud storage of the games I wanted to play. When it comes to old games that I actually have already spent a lot of time with in the previous generation, there are certainly some that I want to mess around with again for a limited time like Red Dead, Dirt 3, Dark Souls or Super Meatboy, but I don't think I'll replay them all the way through again. My main hope is for Capcom to make their fighting games available, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Between their licensing deal with Disney ending and their current deal with Sony, I don't think UMvC3 or USF4 will make it to the XBONE. I still have hope for SFxT though, even if it was not a popular game.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to playing games that were always on my "interested in playing this, but I don't want to pay full price for it," list, or that perhaps I downloaded via Games with Gold but never had a chance to try it out. Some games:

I've certainly been on the lookout for the weekly Xbox sales for potential games. Even not knowing if they will have back-compat, some of the deals on 360 games have been pretty good. I know it's a very old game, but I picked up Mirror's Edge recently for something like 3 bucks.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

I'd be interested in Ace Combat 6, Project Sylpheed, DarkStar One, Shadowrun and Hybrid. They were pretty much the only 360 console exclusives I had any interest in, so I never got a 360, but if they'd become Xbox One compatible, that would possibly be enough to make me consider getting one of those, as I think they've gotten a few fairly interesting exclusives in the past year or so.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being able to play the entire mass effect trilogy on my xbox one would be pretty damn nice.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't hope since I know they're coming, but looking very forwards to co-oping through all the Gears of War games.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Gears of War 3, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Really excited to jump back into the later Gears games after playing so much of Gears UE recently. Horde mode is calling to me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

HORDE!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat 6 and most of the import shoot-'em-ups I own that probably don't stand a chance in hell.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd love to be able to play through Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey again. Those were two of my favorite games of last generation and possibly ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer would be alright.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never owned a 360 and only got to play Fable 2 at friends houses. I'd love to play through it.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nothing.

Personally, I find the Xbox One's controller to be worse than the Xbox 360's controller. Given the choice between keeping my Xbox 360 connected to a TV so I can still use its controller or playing my old games on the Xbox One using its controller, I'd choose the former. If Microsoft were to say they magically figured out how to use Xbox 360 controllers on my Xbox One, then I'd be on board.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayonetta, Reach (I have a feeling it won't make it to the MCC), and Skate 2. Those are the games I only really care about at the moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-60339640361ae
deactivated-60339640361ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Amped 3

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Culdcept Saga and Skate, some Red Dead would be nice too.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Skylanders and Lego games. My kids play those things incessantly and when my 360 inevitably dies I don't want to buy those games over again.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mass Effect 3, I loved the 2nd one played it 5 times, however, I only played through 3 once. Really want to go back and experience it again.

There are so many amazing games i didn't play last gen so whatever they release i'll be exited to play.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Amped 3, all of the gears games minus the first one.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that big of a deal to me since I still have my 360 hooked up and use it pretty often. I vastly prefer the interface on the 360 to the Xbox One so probably wouldn't even use this feature if given the chance. I'm interested to see how this all unfolds and how many publishers give it the green light, though.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is there an exact date when this will launch for none preview members?

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaconHound

I don't have an Xbox One yet, but the obvious answer for me is NCAA Football. As far as I know, there are no plans to make any more of these due to licensing/legal issues, so it would be great if I could continue to play the old versions of the game on a new console. It is perhaps the only game that I go back to year after year.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo online multiplayer.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911:

I am not 100% sure, I think November has been mentioned but I don't know if an exact date has been listed, or if that was just a rumour.

Some great games being mentioned, I had totally forgotten about Amped 3.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the games I've bought from XBLA and Games on Demand as I want to find a reason to finally pack the 360 away.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cold_wolven: This is a good point (I know others raised it as well), hopefully the XBLA games will make the move across. Playing Splosion Man and Ms Splosion Man would be pretty cool to do.

Does anybody know if Record That function works with the backwards compatible games?

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Mass Effect 2 and 3. I know multi-disc games are still kind of up in the air, but I've only played through the first one and want to get through them before whatever new game they're doing shows up.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Red Dead Redemption, Burnout 3 and Burnout: Paradise, Red Faction: Guerilla, Forza Horizon/4/3, CoD Modern Warfare Trilogy, Hitman: HD Collection, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, GTA: San Andreas, and PGR 3/4.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The world, Chico. And Halo: Reach.

greased_ltng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura's Wrath, Lolipop Chainsaw and Red Dead Redemption. Those are the only games I want to play that I haven't finished. My 360 is still hooked up, but it would be nice not having to put the disc in and play on current Gen.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Red Dead Redemption digital and never got around to playing it. I hope it'll support digital games. I'll be happy to play it on my Xbone

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I would love to be able to play this 360 copy of Nier I've owned for years before the PS4 sequel comes out. Don't wanna hook up my 360...

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really like to replay mass effect 3

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Hawk Project 8 (just realized I still have that the other day)
PGA Tour 2012 (The Masters)
Super Street Fighter IV
All I have left from previous generation besides some other sports games that I have no desire to play.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@frostyryan: It does support digital games. If the game is approved, then it will show up in your download history on the Xbox One.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever said about Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4, good shout outs. They are awesome games, I forgot about how PGR4 had weather effects such as snow which would alter the handling of the car quite dramatically. (I quite like how the rain affects the car in Forza 6 with the aquaplaning effects).

I will add:

Prince of Persia (2008) - Forgot about this game, I got it recently in a second hand sale but would like to give it another whirl. It is a shame the revision of this game did not get a sequel (the cell shaded affair, this trailer essentially sold me on this game).

Halo Wars - Another game got in the second hand sale. Never gave this a go before but I liked the developers previous work (Age of Empires 2 is probably one of my all time favourite RTS games) and given the Halo name, why not. Also, All Units.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really just want to play Ninja Gaiden 2.

Sigma 2 is such a crapshoot. I want it.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Akai Katana

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Dirt 3 (since I've barely played it)
  • Fable Anniversary (I picked it up cheap a few months back, but haven't touched it)
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (one of my favourites in the series),
  • The Mass Effect Trilogy, Red Dead Redemption
  • The Assassin's Creed series

Ideally every 360 game I own (which is a lot :P)

Rusty8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By fram

Really looking forward to some 50-wave Gears 3 horde mode with a bunch of friends who long ago packed up their 360s. We had some ridiculous games back in the day.

EDIT: Oh shit and Lost Odyssey!!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Red Faction: Guerilla, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish, Tenchu Z, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Well, as it stands now these are the TOP 10 picks by the community of what they want BC....

I think most people are voting with an enormous lack of vision. If five of the ten are CoD games, and if eight of the ten are basically FPS shooter or shooters mixed with some rpg elements they communty is pretty much picking stuff that has slim chance of getting approved.

I honestly think only one thing on that list will come, because there is nothing "in it" (no profit incentive) for Activision or Bethesda to bring over CoD, Skyrim or Fallout when CoD is annualized and Fallout 4 is coming. Red Dead won't come over because it is likely a bear to port on hardware. So, that leaves Halo Reach or maybe Gear 3. Microsoft at least owns those and it going BC would at least "speak to their base" users.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what the rules are regarding bumping of older topics, so sorry if this is too much of a bump but I wanted to share some good news.

Burnout Paradise confirmed to get compatibility (potentially not at launch though)

Awww yeaaah.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hatking

@johnlocke: Finally, my Xbox One justifies itself.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMPED 3 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD