Vita Version

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Hey duders, I just got a PlayStation vita and when I was looking at games for it, I was surprised to see this game. I never got around to playing it and would love to.

Have any of you played the vita version? How much different than the console version is it? I'm sure there are going to be some changes but would you consider it a faithful version, of a once Giant Bomb GOTY?

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I heard it was a port of the iPad version, which for an iPad game, was supposedly good.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its kind of a bummer. framerate is kinda bad and the load times are a bit long.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Given the choice, it is not the way I would choose to play the game. As mentioned by @mems1224, the framerate isn't great and the load times are pretty dang long. But it is playable, and if I recall correctly it does include the Enemy Within expansion content.

If you have any other way to play the game, I would say go that route (the PS3 version wasn't great either, I don't know how it ran on the 360, but the backwards compatible version seems to run fine on the XB1, or if you have a decent PC you should be able to get it relatively cheap and run it fine), but if it's Vita or nothing, I guess go for it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastburner_b: I only have a macbook (which won't run it), so PC is out of the question. I may just get it on PS3, eventually. The vita port was tempting because of the ability to play it at my night job.

I appreciate the info guys. I'm just going to stick to the indie games I have through PS+ for now. X-Com will have to wait until I have a gap in console games to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e03478498e78
deactivated-5e03478498e78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty poor performance wise, plus it also stutters with the audio and it kills my battery life. It's playable but the tablet version seems better optimised.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sloppydetective: Don't forget Spelunky, which is the best Vita game ever made ever ever until they release Metal Gear Ac!D 2.

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: Frame rate is bad in all versions, but the key points here, I think are:

-Really long load times

-No real zoom out on the battlefield

-Limited character appearance options compared to larger versions of the game

-BUT-

-Includes Enemy Within content

-Fully featured difficulty and gameplay options

-Is a decent recreation of the full (pc/console) version

If you can look past the negatives, it's pretty solid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I have a bunch of great rogue likes built up on my PSN account from PS+, and Spelunky is one of them. I'm hoping to finally beat Rogue Legacy and get deeper into Spelunky and Binding of Issac, than I did on consoles.

I'm tempted to get into Terraria as well; you've seemed to be a big proponent of the vita version.

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vita version of XCOM is real bad; I'd recommend against anyone buying it. The performance is terrible in-game and the load times are tragic.

I'd say it's on the very cusp of being unplayable.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Luchalma

It's the only version I've played, and I think it's pretty rad? Not perfect performance wise, but it's a turn based game. A drop in frame rate isn't going to make me miss a shot.