Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

The sequel to Playground's open-world Forza spinoff brings the Horizon Festival to a much larger locale: southern Europe.

Forza Horizon 2 Installation Time

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mbradley1992

I picked this and Shadow of Mordor up today. I put in Mordor first, took it 20 seconds to install, and then I was in and playing for awhile. I went to put in Horizon 2, and my X1 is taking almost an hour to install from disc.

Is anyone else having this issue? I mean, I understand it's a big game, but it's actually 3GB smaller than Mordor and somehow needs an hour (or more, still not finished) to install? That seems nuts.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By roland_d11

I would assume that Mordor keeps installing data in the background after you launch the game (20 seconds is not nearly enough time to copy GBs of data from a BluRay-Disc to a HDD) and Forza installs everything up front before you can launch it. If, in addition to that, Forza uses a lot of smaller files the install time can go up rapidly.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@roland_d11: Yeah, I knew the PS4 did the background downloading. It just seems insane that the PS4 needs 15-20 seconds to prepare enough of the game to play and the X1 needs much, much more time than that. Unless I'm an anomaly.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@mbradley1992: Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 have been 2 of the longest total time to install games i've had on Xbox One. I did the same thing and just was going to watch something on Hulu while the disc installed Shadow of Mordor but i only got about 30 seconds into the show and the ready to play came up. I let it finish from there but i was surprised. Also, noticing the huge amount of space these games are taking up on my Xbox One hard drive. I had to start deleting things this morning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.