Creating a New Club, because Jeff's is already Full

Clone346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Clone346

Hey, everyone. I got the game on launch and just got to the clubs; but lo and behold the original GB group is already filled to the brim. (Huzzah for community!) Is there a secondary club already out there; or do we need to create another?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ripelivejam

goddammit, think you or someone else will have to. guess it's my fault for not playing this 5+ hours a day...

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Former Race Night leader and former moderator @trace is a co-leader of the club. I believe he intends on clearing out the club once a week of non-active people. I tagged him so he can correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly there will be regular openings in the club after a couple weeks if previous games are any indication.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Sterling

@clone346: Trace posted he would clean out the users on Saturdays that had 0 weekly XP for the club.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace

@falconer is absolutely correct. I'll be booting out people who have 0 XP and are under level 30 in just over an hour, and intend to repeat that every Saturday Sunday where the club's full, somewhere between 11 AM - 2 PM PDT (basically just before the club ladder resets).

Edit: People over level 30 aren't safe to sit around with 0 XP, either, this is just a starting point. I'll probably be logging inactives over 30 and see if they continue not to play.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

:( I missed the chance to join since its already back at 1000 peeps : /

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

@ripelivejam said:

goddammit, think you or someone else will have to. guess it's my fault for not playing this 5+ hours a day...

You can unlock clubs in 2-3 hours of gameplay. I did it in about 2.5 without even trying, it just happened as I progressed.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: well ive been doing races and etc and it still hasnt unlocked, but thanks for pointing out my constant failures to me! guess i just suck at the game.

i know it's the fifth festival upgrade but it seems to have taken an undue amount of time for me to get there.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@ripelivejam: It'll depend partly on how you spend your time and what events you do as they don't all reward the same number of fans, but you'll get there eventually.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm pretty impatient, and already missed the first boot, so I made the "Giant Bomb Overflow" [GBO] club. Any are welcome to join up if you don't want to wait for the official club to clear out again.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ripelivejam: Im with you, spending the first 2 hours trying out different tyre pressures in the sand with the starting BMW M4 didnt unlock any clubs for me either. Weird :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.