The Horizon Festival goes to Australia.

Level up spins

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Anyone else run into this. I was getting normal random rewards from the spins. I wasn't VIP. I hit level 40 and right around that time I bought the VIP package. Then I had about 5 or 6 normal spins again. Then ever since I get the worst outcome on the spin. Every time. If the lowest one is 2k tokens, I get that. If its 4k I get that. For like 20 level ups in a row now. I feel like something happened I am not aware of and its a punishment, lol. It just seems really odd. I've never seen this in one of these games before. There is no way 20 spins in a row the lowest prize hitting is random. Maybe I'm paranoid?

Also I can't stop playing this game. Its so much better than 2 and regular 5 or 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They know what you did...

Also yes, this game is fantastic!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I don't even know what I did. Those bastards!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's so they can sell you the super vip package later.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's entirely possible that the VIP (since it gives a x2 bonus) doles out less in the way of big prizes to limit uber-progression. I haven't landed anything really good yet, either. I had a similar streak for a while in Horizon 2 where I didn't seem to get anything, but eventually started getting good stuff that felt properly random later on. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some overly complex algorithm behind this.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The VIP pass is a monkey's paw. It doubles your spin value but guarantees low spins! Sweet irony!

But seriously it's probably just bad luck or, barring that, some weird bug. It will probably clear up.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Yeah I bought the VIP to get the 2x because I felt like I wasn't getting enough credits fast enough (I did seem to get really lucky and get lots of cars though before going VIP, so maybe thats it). Maybe that is my fault for always upgrading every car I get and constantly buying things. I guess most people don't do that. So for the average player they probably build up a big chunk all the time. I always see something new and have to build up to do it. I never have large amounts saved up.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty pumped getting 2 Horizon Edition cars within about my first 25 spins. Then my cousin got the game and he got two HE cars on his first two spins.
    Pretty sure it's all luck of the draw.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got multiple cars in VIP rolls. Including two Horizon Edition boosted cars in a series of maybe 7-8 rolls. It is definitely random and kinda crazy. Glad I didn't buy the perk that allows you to buy spins yet. I might have gone off the deep end.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rickyyo said:

I got multiple cars in VIP rolls. Including two Horizon Edition boosted cars in a series of maybe 7-8 rolls. It is definitely random and kinda crazy. Glad I didn't buy the perk that allows you to buy spins yet. I might have gone off the deep end.

I haven't won any cars through Wheelspins, but I've definitely been the beneficiary of a handful of huge credit rewards. Which in turn get doubled by the VIP modifier. I've seriously banked somewhere between half and three-quarters of a million credits because of it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've gotten plenty of bottom of the barrel spins, but 20 in a row does seem unlikely.

It does seem like bad spins show up more often in general in this game as opposed to FH2 where it felt like most spins were a car or a lot of credits. I thought initially that it may have been due to me having VIP for FH2 and not for this game, but that was probably just me being cynical.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Yeah getting the bottom reward that many times is what made me think it wasn't just the RND. But its either fixed now, or it was just a really long string of bad luck. Because I just bought a spin from the skills rewards, and I got 40k credits. Of course no VIP spin on those. But I then bought 25k XP also to get a normal level up, and that gave me an HE car. So that is interesting. It was either a huge run of terrible luck, or me buying a regular none VIP spin corrected what ever the issue was. I guess I'll see on my next normal level up that I don't buy in the skills menu.

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 'fuck you' feeling I get when the spinner hits a 2k slot - which happens fairly often - is really bumming me out on this game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

@satiros said:

The 'fuck you' feeling I get when the spinner hits a 2k slot - which happens fairly often - is really bumming me out on this game.

Don't let it because pretty soon you will have every car you want and money in the bank with nothing to spend it on. At this point I already have all of the Horizon Edition cars and am buying cars off of the Auction House starting alphabetically to complete the collection, and most of them are cheap as dirt.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odds on the spin are so that once you have each HE car you can win from it, you will gain money from spinning the wheel. If you get duplicate HE car, game offers you 5 million as compensation and that buys you a whole lot more wheelspins.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crommi: What, 5m? Why are people selling them on the auction house then? I see them going for 200K-800K all the time. That seems super dumb.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I got no cars in my first 40 spins while having the VIP. Been having better luck later on.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By mike

@sterling said:

@crommi: What, 5m? Why are people selling them on the auction house then? I see them going for 200K-800K all the time. That seems super dumb.

You only get the option to get that money if you already own the Horizon Edition car and land on the same car on a wheel spin. That doesn't mean people aren't selling the HE cars because they don't want their first copy, or maybe they are buying them cheap off of the Auction House and then reselling for a profit like I am.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:
    @sterling said:

You only get the option to get that money if you already own the Horizon Edition car and land on the same car on a wheel spin. That doesn't mean people aren't selling the HE cars because they don't want their first copy, or maybe they are buying them cheap off of the Auction House and then reselling for a profit like I am.

I get that. But you stand to make much more if you hang on to it and get it again. Maybe I'm just greedy. Also sending you a PM about something broken.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yeah it seems to be back to normal now that I bought a spin. Getting random things now, not just the lowest one. So thats good.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: As Mike said, you just need to have one of each HE cars available via wheelspin. However, for some reason on Xbox you don't get 5 million credits for duplicate (only few hundred thousands?), so for them it makes sense to sell them on auction house. I suspect the PC version payout is not intended and will get adjusted in first update.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wheelspins have been fixed, no more 5mil payout.

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By miserywizard

In between the 2k hits I actually managed to win a HE car, so I guess it ain't all bad. The thing goes like stink and is racking me up a ton of XP.

@mike said:
    @satiros said:

Don't let it because pretty soon you will have every car you want and money in the bank with nothing to spend it on. At this point I already have all of the Horizon Edition cars and am buying cars off of the Auction House starting alphabetically to complete the collection, and most of them are cheap as dirt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.