Ultimate Edition DLC Error on PC?

vanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vanto

Is anyone who is playing on PC running into an issue where the DLC isn't unlocking? When I go to see if I need to manually download the DLC the store prompts me to purchase it even though it said on the previous page "owned." I don't want to get too far into the game if I'm missing out on the VIP extra credits.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It wasn't working for me up until this morning when they sent out a tweet that it should be fixed.

vanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcmann2: Did you need to do anything or was it an issue with licences? I just reached out to them and am hoping they reach back soon.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't need to do anything, just went into the game and saw my VIP was there.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great, now fix the fucker not even starting please. :D

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rickyyo

@vanto said:

@marcmann2: Did you need to do anything or was it an issue with licences? I just reached out to them and am hoping they reach back soon.

Appeared to be a licensing issue on there end. I could redeem the cars in Xbox One version and play them on PC... Just didn't get the VIP spin perks. It seems resolved now. If you are still having an issue. I would go to each individual piece of content and click 'buy', don't go through with the purchase, just sit on the screen asking for credit/debit info. It will change screens and show a spinner and come back with a you own this content and flag it as owned... Launch the game again and see if you have access.

vanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to "buy" the dlc and it would then say owned, but when launching the game the issue still was there. I've spent the better part of two hours in a chat with their online support team with no luck in fixing the issue. They are now saying that they can't do anything and to call their support team. I'm at this point hoping that if I just wait until the game "officially" launches Tuesday that maybe things will just fix itself. It's funny I needed to tell them three separate times that I was having issues with the windows version not the xbox version. The support team seems oblivious to the fact that all of their user reviews on the dlc end and many on the game end all seem to point this issue out.

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The VIP/DLC issue should have been solved for most people on PC. The quickest way to verify would be the crown symbol next to your name in the menus indicating your VIP status.

There does appear to be some users left on both PC and Xbox One who have not received the VIP/DLC. Some PC users contacted Xbox Support and managed to convince them to a refund so they could repurchase the game, which unlocked the VIP/DLC for them. I suspect they have been told not to issue any refunds by now and tell customers to wait for an official fix.

vanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This morning everything seemed to just fix itself. I had a feeling since the game was still in a kind of "pre-release" state that things would be wonky. I was able to just go to the store and everything said that I owned it and was redeemed to my account. I'm hoping they take this as a lesson with Gears being right around the corner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.