Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon 5

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 09, 2021

The series' fifth entry brings players to the streets and wilderness of Mexico.

Trailer and demo gameplay footage is here!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello, open-world driving game fans!

This game is finally revealed at Xbox's E3 2021, I'm so excited! reminds me of Universal's Fast & Furious 4 movie, BBC's Top Gear TV show, and PlayStation's MotorStorm series! plus I'm so happy to see the Mercedes-AMG One!

I hope this game will have Toyota tuner cars during launch or either in later updates!

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Looks fucking incredible, the Horizon games are so comfy to me. Great choice of setting and looks gorgeous. I'm pretty psyched

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fucking incredible, the Horizon games are so comfy to me. Great choice of setting and looks gorgeous. I'm pretty psyched

Forza Horizon series is my personal favorite open-world driving game IP of all time then followed by Test Drive and Need For Speed!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably my most anticipated game for the rest of the year after that showcase. I’m not a big driving person necessarily but I love a well crafted open world to explore and it looks absolutely stunning visually.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably my most anticipated game for the rest of the year after that showcase. I’m not a big driving person necessarily but I love a well crafted open world to explore and it looks absolutely stunning visually.

All good, I like your thoughts on this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looks very nice, and I like the variety of events they had in 4. Cool stuff.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

I'm always down for more Forza Horizon. Looks amazing and Mexico seems like a great setting. I'll miss seasons, but there seems like a lot of variety in weather and environments here.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I am happy for you GTxForza.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy for you GTxForza.

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to playing this!

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This looks amazing, but I'm probably gonna punt on it because I've been playing FH4 nonstop since 2018. Got every achievement and got 100% on every Monthly Playlist since they first introduced it back in 2019.

The Playlists are great because they scratched that part of my brain that thought about all the meta ways I played Mario Kart 64 when I was a kid, but throw in car ratings, brands, the country of origin, series of vehicles, the decade they came out in, and the style of race to take them through and you end up with almost endless amounts of metas. It's awesome, but I'm pooped. haha

Will check out Forza Horizon 5 down the line one day, but I need a break. I can feel the sunsetting of FH4 in my bones though so just gonna take the space here and give a big thank you to Forza Horizon 4. It sure helped me get into that meditative headspace, and it's probably why FH4 is my most favorite game ever, but screw racing against Offroad Buggies at Unbeatable difficulty. They're cheap as hell. lol

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By bigsocrates

@gtxforza: I thought you were hoping for a Motorsport instead of a Horizon this year so I thought you would be disappointed.

Personally I think this game looks great. Literally in that the graphics they showed are the best I've ever seen outside some tech demo to the point where the cars, which seem to at least partially be imported from prior Forza games almost look cartoonish in the environments.

And figuratively because it's Horizon and Mexico seems like a fantastic setting, especially as a change of pace, and I just love the Horizon series. It's probably the most consistently good series from last generation and I have a hard time imagining how they could mess it up except if they release a technical mess (and even then they'll patch it, because Forza Horizon 4 received incredible post-launch support.)

This pretty much seems like a surefire 9/10 or 10/10 for me. I hope the soundtrack is great and they have at least some new types of events. @jeff is sick of the Showcase races, but I don't mind them since there are like 5 of them during the course of the game and they're only like 5 minutes each. But I do hope that there's just a little more to do in terms of events, whether that's some longer races, some tougher rally type courses, or just some crazier stuff like the pinata race they showed. I love Forza Horizon 4 but I probably enjoyed the open world stuff more than the events in that game. Eventually they added enough mini campaigns with unique challenges, but I hope more stuff like that is there from the start this time.

And more barn finds! I want like 30 barn finds!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: I thought you were hoping for a Motorsport instead of a Horizon this year so I thought you would be disappointed.

Personally I think this game looks great. Literally in that the graphics they showed are the best I've ever seen outside some tech demo (to the point where the cars, which seem to at least partially be imported from prior Forza games) almost look cartoonish in the environments.

And figuratively because it's Horizon and Mexico seems like a fantastic setting, especially as a change of pace, and I just love the Horizon series. It's probably the most consistently good series from last generation and I have a hard time imagining how they could mess it up except if they release a technical mess (and even then they'll patch it, because Forza Horizon 4 received incredible post-launch support.)

This pretty much seems like a surefire 9/10 or 10/10 for me. I hope the soundtrack is great and they have at least some new types of events. @jeff is sick of the Showcase races, but I don't mind them since there are like 5 of them during the course of the game and they're only like 5 minutes each. But I do hope that there's just a little more to do in terms of events, whether that's some longer races, some tougher rally type courses, or just some crazier stuff like the pinata race they showed. I love Forza Horizon 4 but I probably enjoyed the open world stuff more than the events in that game. Eventually they added enough mini campaigns with unique challenges, but I hope more stuff like that is there from the start this time.

And more barn finds! I want like 30 barn finds!

Yeah, I'm a little bit disappointed that Xbox didn't show up Forza Motorsport Reboot but when it showed up Forza Horizon 5, this kind of changed my mind.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fan of the Forza series, and a Game Pass subscriber, I am looking forward to playing this on launch day. Playground Games has always managed to improve each game in the Horizon series, to the point where if FH5 was just FH4 in Mexico, I would be happy. Obviously, I want an updated roster of cars and it looks like FH5 will not disappoint in that area.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Looks absolutely incredible. The Forza Horizon series (along with Game Pass) is one of the things that drew me back towards the Xbox ecosystem and ultimately that led to me having this All Access Series X under my TV, so I’m pretty dang excited that I’m getting a new one to dive into in less than 5 months. I’m also really interested in Mexico and Mexican culture so I’m really enthusiastic about the setting.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Looks great. I think the nod towards cultural artists is a smart addition. Hoping they can find ways to work more culture into the games in the future.

And that's dropping soon, too. Cool!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: The one area where they absolutely have to deliver with this is the music, and hopefully the DJs. They need to have at least one Spanish Language radio station (or Spanish songs on several stations), and hopefully not Mariachi or Ranchera music. Horizon is so much about music that they need to bring some local flavor to the game there. It's fine to also have the normal English language stations or whatever, but they need some stations that are specific to the Mexican market.

They sort of got away with this in Forza Horizon 2 (the only other Forza Horizon set in a place where English was not the primary language) with the Italian songs on the Classical station, but of course for various reasons it's less problematic for a game set in France and Italy than for one set in Mexico because there's no recent history of colonialism.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome. I hope my GTX 1650 can handle it.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wardcleaver

@bigsocrates said:

@sparky_buzzsaw: The one area where they absolutely have to deliver with this is the music, and hopefully the DJs. They need to have at least one Spanish Language radio station (or Spanish songs on several stations), and hopefully not Mariachi or Ranchera music. Horizon is so much about music that they need to bring some local flavor to the game there. It's fine to also have the normal English language stations or whatever, but they need some stations that are specific to the Mexican market.

They sort of got away with this in Forza Horizon 2 (the only other Forza Horizon set in a place where English was not the primary language) with the Italian songs on the Classical station, but of course for various reasons it's less problematic for a game set in France and Italy than for one set in Mexico because there's no recent history of colonialism.

The one thing I turn off almost immediately in any racing game, even something more arcadey like FH, is the music. I have never found any of it to be any good. That, and I really like hearing the sound of the engines.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@wardcleaver: Oh I'm the exact opposite. Eventually I turn the sound effects down and mostly listen to the music. I just can't listen to the same engine noise for that long.

Of course the ingame music gets repetitive and then I use Spotify or something.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I've played all the Forza I'm going to play. There's just too many of them. Even with Horizon, they've done almost as many of them as Polyphony's made Gran Turismos.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was so stunned by how good it looks that I didn't really listen to what they were describing about how it plays until a second watch. It sounds like they have some really fun ideas. The piñata event they showed sounds like a more realized version of those excellent team events in Burnout Paradise. If that's the direction they're taking the multiplayer, branching out into new fun things you can do with people outside of racing, then I am really excited for this.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gtxforza

@judaspete said:

Looks awesome. I hope my GTX 1650 can handle it.

I hope it could too, but if you want ray tracing, I'd recommend you to upgrade to RTX 3060 or above.

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time they show a new Horizon I'm surprised by how taken I am with it. Since 3, it's been better and better! Really love the tweaks to the UI, hopefully the new persistent multiplayer stuff is even more seamless. Great diversity of biomes too, and seasons are back!

god, if this is what FH5 looks like I cannot imagine the visual fidelity of the next motorsport...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Oh I'm not upgrading until prices get under control. Probably a 4050 or 4060 at the earliest.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: Oh I'm not upgrading until prices get under control. Probably a 4050 or 4060 at the earliest.

Oh, I see, especially COVID-19 increased import taxes.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By FacelessVixen

Yup. This indeed looks like more Forza Horizon.

I should play more Forza Horizon. I spent $100 on 4 but barely played it after getting a Huracan within two hours.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. This indeed looks like more Forza Horizon.

I should play more Forza Horizon. I spent $100 on 4 but barely played it after getting a Huracan within two hours.

Forza Horizon 4 is still an awesome game but Forza Horizon 2 is still my favorite game in the series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.