Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

Forza Horizon takes the racing off the track and drops it into an open world full of various activities.

Giant Bomb Horizon Race Night: Tuesdays, 8:00 PM ET

• 77 results
    ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By ethan_raiden

For the unemployed Europeans I'll try and get a lobby up earlier in the afternoon for some games, I'll chuck some invites out through the car club - Ethranis

Mooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Mooks

@Ethan_Raiden said:

For the unemployed Europeans I'll try and get a lobby up earlier in the afternoon for some games, I'll chuck some invites out through the car club - Ethranis

That sounds good!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By musubi
    @PsEG Race night still on? Waiting for invites. :)
    marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By marcmann2

We're having a tough time getting enough people into the second party. Every time an invite goes out from the main party most of the group drops to try and join.

Mooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mooks

@Ethan_Raiden said:

That sounds good!

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By mfpantst

well single player evemts all won. time to power level some mp...

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By ethan_raiden

Race Night? Race Night.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jugnutts

Madame Mayor,

I was one of the many residents of our lovely town who applauded your decision to allow the Horizon Festival to take place here and looked forward to the economic impact you said it would have on our quaint little hamlet.

Unfortunately, I believe the Horizon Festival has gotten a little out of control and may not fit the needs of our community. I shall enumerate my complaints below, because they are many, but allow me to start with my biggest qualm.

You've promoted this event as a "Three-day festival of speed and music" and we are, by my count, now entering our 87th day of racing. Also, the days have grown eerily shorter. The sun goes down roughly every 45 minutes.

Why is this happening to us!?! When will this sorcery end!?! Please bring back the sun!!!

I pay my taxes like a good citizen every year, and I'm told that this money will go to form a police force. Where have they gone? There isn't a police officer to be found anywhere. Did the creepy 45-minute day scare them off? I've seen at least a dozen Lamborghinis dressed up as police vehicles, but I seriously doubt the Asslyvania Sheriff's Department is a real thing.

Street racing is abundant and people seem to be able to trade in their rusty old Volkswagens in for high-powered muscle cars in a matter of moments. The economics are mind-boggling.

At first I thought, perhaps, the inclusion of speed cameras everywhere would do the job. A smart cost-cutting, revenue-generating system, but I have reason to believe they aren't working. The reason is every time I get near a camera some miscreant in an unpronounceable Swedish speed machine that makes a noise like Thor farting speeds up the closer he gets to the camera, forcing me off the road and into a ditch.

Why are they going faster towards the speed camera? Will we see this astounding haul of ticket revenue at some point in the future? I doubt it's worth it. My street has lost six neighbors and a dalmatian in the last week to car accidents. The body shops here must be cleaning up because I witness roughly seven dozen accidents every 15 minutes but no car ever seems to stay damaged.

Why, by the way, do we have working bus service but no EMS or working fire department?

Theft is rampant in the absence of a police force. As you know, us Horizonians are fond of buying irreplaceable classic cars and parking them in our large, unlocked barns and then leaving the doors open. There's sort of a tacit agreement that you don't take someone's vintage Jaguar out of their barn, quickly restore it, and then do a burnout in front of their home in said Jaguar. Bad form. Bad form.

And the noise! If it wasn't bad enough that my circadian rhythm has been completely screwed because of the PCP sun, my neighborhood is being buzzed by aircraft and helicopters, over and over and over again. I can barely listen to our three curiously hip radio stations.

I think I may be losing my mind from the constant din of engines revving. I have this suspicion, and I can't prove it, that someone has been shifting time. I'll feel like I'm making a decision and then, all of sudden, the whole universe sort of goes backwards. Sometimes this happens over and over again until I doubt my decision and start over.

I just need it to stop. I need the sun back. I want my kids to be able to play in the street without having to worry about being flattened by a super-turbocharged Hello Kitty-festooned Mini Cooper. I will give you whatever you want. My votes. My credits. A cherry Bugatti I've stored in my massive run down barn near the highway.

For the love of all that is holy and good in the world just please make this never-ending nightmare stop.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Citizen

http://jalopnik.com/5964604/an-open-letter-to-the-mayor-of-horizon-colorado-from-a-concerned-citizen

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sushix

@Jugnutts: Sounds like concerned citizen needs some of that legal pot and chill out.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Magicallystoopid

Alright so we talked about this last week, and it is about time Forza's younger Rockstar energy chugging brother got at least a small 1/2 night race series...

With that I present...

TRUCK WARS 2012!

RED TRUCK

BLUE TRUCK

WHO IS BETTER?!

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Magicallystoopid

Also I would like to throw out there that I'm about to rip my hair out trying to figure out where the hell this last discount sign is. STUPID SIGN STOP TRYING TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK GOD DAMMIT.

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sushix

So, the rally expansion should be out by next hoondown...

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#63  Edited By falconer

Seems nice and all, but I think it's 5 bucks too much. I mean, it's not like I can't afford it, but... I'm guess I'm just not wowed or anything.

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Magicallystoopid

@Falconer said:

Seems nice and all, but I think it's 5 bucks too much. I mean, it's not like I can't afford it, but... I'm guess I'm just not wowed or anything.

I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, considering the amount of times the Porsche pack did, it shoudn't take long.

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sushix

It seems you can choose any(?) car you already own to be converted to a rally car along with the 5 you get.

I may get it just because it might be a while until Dirt 4 comes out.

The other news:

"First up, Monday. That’s the day that we’re releasing the latest title update for Forza Horizon, one that has been in the works since the game was launched back in October. This title update will address a number of issues in Forza Horizon, most notably the loyalty car import issue, which resulted in some players not receiving the Forza Motorsport loyalty rewards cars (for having played Forza Motorsport 3 or Forza Motorsport 4) in Forza Horizon.

Also as part of the title update, rumble functionality in Forza Horizon has also been updated to take into account different rumble thresholds for wired and wireless controllers. In addition, Forza Horizon will now feature increased rumble effects at peak tire friction on paved roads as well as more pronounced off-road vibration effects. The vibration slider (which you can find by going to the Profile -> Options -> Controls -> Advanced menu) is now more tunable than before, giving players greater ability to dial the precise level of rumble they are looking for.

Finally, this title update will also address the lack of smoke effects when going from bumper or hood cam into photo mode, a bug that caused grid ordering based on last race results to not work, and a number of other improvements as well. The title update will be available on Monday, Dec. 17 and will download automatically (assuming your Xbox 360 is connected to the Xbox LIVE) when you fire up the game."

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By trace

Tonight's Hoondown will feature some normal racing, and then instead of locking up switching to free roam, we'll try rally for those of you who have it.

30 minutes. IT BECKONS.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By trace

Fair warning tonight: Because today is Christmas and all, there's a good chance I will not be around for Horizon Race Night. If some of you are planning to attend anyways...well, hosting in Horizon is easy.

In addition, next week is the 4th annual GB100, so no Hoondown at all next week. After that, our regular schedule should resume.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#68  Edited By beard_of_zeus

@PsEG said:

Fair warning tonight: Because today is Christmas and all, there's a good chance I will not be around for Horizon Race Night. If some of you are planning to attend anyways...well, hosting in Horizon is easy. In addition, next week is the 4th annual GB100, so no Hoondown at all next week. After that, our regular schedule should resume.

Totally understandable.

I'll be around if people want to play though!

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sushix

Vandura and Escalade, my oh my.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#70  Edited By slowbird

Those are the cars I saw last week and was confused about! When I was looking at cars to buy for Rally mode, they had the cars from this DLC pack listed in the showroom, but there was no way to buy them.

So they must have goofed something up and activated something early and then fixed it later, because I saw those cars and was like "wtf are these unicorns or some shit"

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By falconer

Oh, cool, the Nurburgring LFA. So in classic Nordschleife fashion, it'll handle like shit on the streets of Colorado.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#72  Edited By slowbird

Guys, you know what's really awesome?

Putting rally parts on high-powered S-class RWD cars.

I recommend we all do this and then the next time we do a rally we can all select a RWD car and it will be insane because everyone will be sliding around a lot.

I'm explaining this in full detail because it's FUCKING AWESOME.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By dethfish

For some reason I always have the hardest time connecting to the Horizon race night lobby. It usually works after a few attempts, but it just wouldn't tonight.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By trace

Not that this topic's exactly hopping, but I'm not going to be available tonight to start off the festivities, at least. If another regular wants to start up a lobby or party up and throw the crew into the public match realm, by all means, feel free.

Same issue might arise next week for me too, due to work obligations. My apologies!

sushix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sushix
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By falconer

I think... I'm gonna put Horizon back on the shelf. I didn't go to more than a handful of Race Nights, but Horizon's multiplayer just doesn't jive with me. I finished most of the events so there's nothing to do there (other than barns and becoming #1 rank). The most fun I had in Horizon was just randomly driving around a taking pictures.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jugnutts

Is this a thing that still happens? I've been wanting to play more but have been super busy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.