Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

Forza Horizon takes the racing off the track and drops it into an open world full of various activities.

I noticed something about the way I play these games with damage.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

I love the Forza games, and I haven't really played other racing games since I first played Forza Motorsport 3. In FM3 and FM4 I play with simulation damage, but in this game, since the damage is purely cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay, I turn it off. To me, this seems counter-intuitive to the way someone would normally play these games, in which you wouldn't mind damage that was cosmetic but would mind damage that affects your driving. My thought process is that if it doesn't matter, I'd rather my car look good, anybody else think like this?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I agree, I only used simulation damage in the other Forza games, mainly for the boost in money. Since if I ever crashed I was probably going to restart anyway cause I'd have lost that race.

I turned cosmetic off because yeah it looks dirty as hell and I want clean cars. It's affected my driving though, I definitely play it more like bumper cars than normal Forza titles.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By wrathofconn

I've left the damage on while playing Horizon, but I agree that there's not much of an incentive to drive cleanly. The thing I'm more bummed about is how much worse the net code and collision detection are compared to Forza 4.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By wrathofconn

Although it is pretty great the way your rear bumper just hits some explosive eject button every time you tap a guardrail with the back of your car.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I'm in the cockpit so I don't even notice the damage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.