Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

Forza Horizon takes the racing off the track and drops it into an open world full of various activities.

Pick up Horizons, or wait for Most Wanted?

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Stahlbrand

I don't see buying two open world arcade racers in the same season, but I'm not sure which one to settle on. Any opinions?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Wait for it as I think Critirion will do wonderful things with most wanted.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought Horizon and will absolutely buy Most Wanted.

They are equals. You need to know whether you want road trippin' or cop chasin'. And that'll be your answer.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DharmaBum

Depends on whether you prefer driving actual cars or steering a rocket on roller skates.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

@DharmaBum said:

Depends on whether you prefer driving actual cars or steering a rocket on roller skates.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By JJOR64

I'm going to wait for Most Wanted. Horizon does look great though. Might get it on Black Friday if it goes on sale.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By handlas

After being initially put off by what I saw of Horizon... I played the demo and came around on it. Been great so far. The game is gorgeous to look at. Some of the stuff in Most Wanted sounds cool tho. Working your way up to race against the "most wanted" cars and what-not.

Either way, seems like you can't go wrong picking up either. Horizon is already out tho! So I bought it. I also prefer the car handling in Horizon over Hot Pursuit.

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By krushr

Was initially going to avoid Horizons and just go straight for Most Wanted but the Quick Look, Jeff's review and the demo turned me around on it. That and the voice GPS stuff with the Kinect is pretty cool.

That said, I'm getting both.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

Dude go for Horizons its tons of fun and we already have a huge crowd of people in the Giantbomb Car Club.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Hamst3r

Boo Forza. Yay Need for Speed.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Horizon has really surprised me so far. Considering the pedigree, I expected it to be pretty solid, but I really didn't expect it to be nearly as incredible as it is. Right now, it honestly might be my favorite driving game since Burnout Paradise. Next week I might be saying that NFS:MW has that crown...which is pretty insane.

I haven't played Most Wanted yet, but I'm going to guess you probably aren't going to go wrong with either.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Chaser324 said:

Horizons has really surprised me so far. Considering the pedigree, I expected it to be pretty solid, but I really didn't expect it to be nearly as incredible as it is. Right now, it honestly might be my favorite driving game since Burnout Paradise. Next week I might be saying that NFS:MW has that crown...which is pretty insane.

I haven't played Most Wanted yet, but I'm going to guess you probably aren't going to go wrong with either.

This is my sentiment exactly. Even down to the "I'm probably crazy but Most Wanted might be punch-for-punch as good" part.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@HistoryInRust: Yeah, kinda insane that we would get driving games this great two weeks in a row. I'm just hoping this isn't a mutually assured destruction scenario like we saw play out two years ago when Bizarre Creations and Black Rock (both now closed down) released Blur and Split/Second on two consecutive weeks.

I'm thinking that won't happen here, but it's just a thought in the back of my mind. These games are a step above those in quality and have major franchise juice, so they should be able to weather a little competition.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

I got Horizon yesterday, and while it definitely seems like a great open world racer with a lot of depth, I'm personally counting on Criterion's touch to make NFS a more fun game. I've always loved Criterion most of all racing developers, though. Then again, I was deliriously sick yesterday too, so I'll probably have to go make sure that the Forza I thought I dabbled in wasn't all some kind of fever dream.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zombie2011

I played around with the game at my friends house and i have to say, Forza is fantastic!

I just love driving around the world, it's so enjoyable and the landscape is beautiful. That is something i doubt will be in NFS seeing it seems to be set in a city like most open world racing games. Also because the the world of Forza isn't a city the traffic isn't so dense which makes driving that much more enjoyable. I hated continuously crashing into cars in paradise while i was just trying to get to the next event.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Spitznock

I'd say it depends on what you're into. Forza Horizon is more relaxed than the previous entries by terms of handling model and vehicle damage and the such, but Forza seems more focused on actually racing, where as I'm expecting (and this is going off of preview coverage) Most Wanted to be more about screwing around the world itself.

In my opinion the latter seems more interesting (mostly because I have plenty of traditional racing games already), but I don't expect to get much racing done in it, as it appears to be built in the same vein as Burnout Paradise, in which racing was the LAST thing you wanted to do. Depends on what you're looking for.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Sterling

I think the cars in Horizon don't quite feel right. I am not sure what it is either. They just don't handle like they should. I don't know if its some setting that its turned on or if its the game itself. But most of the cars seem either floaty or like they have broken steering.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I am waiting for most wanted.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By grilledcheez

I'm going to buy most wanted

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stahlbrand

As it happens, I bought Horizons on my way home from work and have really enjoyed it so far.

I always wish there were more shit cars in these games. If I could drop a turbo in my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire and take it to the festival, I would grin from ear to ear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.