Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Horizon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

Forza Horizon takes the racing off the track and drops it into an open world full of various activities.

Rally Expansion Released Today

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

So I just downloaded and started messing around with the Rally expansion pack for this game. I've barely touched it (I've only done the qualifying/tutorial race) but it seems neat so far. Those that have tried it, and maybe have played more of it then me, what do you think of it?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JasonR86

Well, I went through the first race and was told that I needed to go buy a new car. That went to a loading screen. I've been on that screen for the last 4 minutes. Uh oh.

EDIT:

The error was fixed after I reloaded. Weird.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By uberexplodey

It was fun, though I kinda wish there were more options to actually make your other rides look like rally cars. I want MORE light pods on my RS200!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg

Out of the blue I got an urge to buy this game, hopefully they'll release some sort of GOTY edition at some point next year.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By mcmax3000

I played the first few stages, and all I could think was that I want Microsoft to give Playground games the Rallisport Challenge series.

That's not to say that I think the Rally pack is as good as that series was, but I given that it's something built on top of a non-Rally game, it's good enough that I'd love to see them get a crack at a full scale sim/arcade mix Rally game.

2xtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By 2xtreme

I was thinking about buying this pack, but I'm still undecided. Any new toughs on the pack? And how much time does one stage take to complete on average? Thank you!

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mcmax3000

@2xtreme said:

I was thinking about buying this pack, but I'm still undecided. Any new toughs on the pack? And how much time does one stage take to complete on average? Thank you!

I found the four stages in each Rally take about 10 - 12 minutes total.

Hard to really break that down per stage, because the stages get longer as you go, so the first stage in the rally is pretty quick, but the last stage is much longer.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JasonR86

So I just finished it and I'm not sure it is worth it's price. There are some online rallies people can partake in but I don't play this game online so that does nothing for me. The single player took me about 1-2 hours to beat all told but if you play on harder difficulties it'll take longer to get all golds but I'm not sure I'll do that. But $20 for 1-2 hours? I mean I liked it a lot. The driving in this game is really good and I think they did a good job translating these mechanics to a rally race. These tracks are much more exciting then the regular game's off-road tracks and the driving mechanics feel better. And the graphics look really nice. And there's a night rally which looked awesome. But, still, $20 for 1-2 hours of fun is a little rough. At least to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not at all worth the price. You can add the rally upgrades to pre-DLC cars as well as the new additions, but there aren't any new roads added, and the tracks are just gussied up versions of roads pre-existing within Horizon's Colorado already. Moreover, the new tracks are too few for the price tag.

I loved Horizon, but would only recommend buying the Rally stuff if it went at a substantial discount. I'm thankful I didn't commit to the Season Pass, because between this lackluster addition and the generally unimpressive set of cars that've been added in the car packs, the post-release content just hasn't lived up.

SAPDADDY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SAPDADDY

Thanks for the insight JasonR86 and HistoryInRust. This seemed to me like a monumentally expensive piece of DLC and living here in Canada, where Microsoft loves to plow us up the ass, (a $20 MS points card only gives us 1400pts instead of the 1600 the good 'ol US gets so it would work out to about $26 for the DLC) I wasn't sure if the value would be there at that price and it does not sound like it's worth it. Think I will hold off until it goes on sale or I just move on to other games

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@SAPDADDY: You bet, duder. I only come down so harshly on it because I loved Horizon. It's arguably my game of the year. So having a DLC expansion that isn't all that, well, expansive is a bit of a disappointment.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mcmax3000

@JasonR86 said:

So I just finished it and I'm not sure it is worth it's price. There are some online rallies people can partake in but I don't play this game online so that does nothing for me. The single player took me about 1-2 hours to beat all told but if you play on harder difficulties it'll take longer to get all golds but I'm not sure I'll do that. But $20 for 1-2 hours? I mean I liked it a lot. The driving in this game is really good and I think they did a good job translating these mechanics to a rally race. These tracks are much more exciting then the regular game's off-road tracks and the driving mechanics feel better. And the graphics look really nice. And there's a night rally which looked awesome. But, still, $20 for 1-2 hours of fun is a little rough. At least to me.

I pretty much concur with all of this 100%. I liked it a lot, but I don't think there's enough content to justify the $20 price tag.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By pweidman

God I would love any decent rally content, but @ $20 it seems way too expensive. Why would they try that price? Makes no sense to me.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
    RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

@UberExplodey said:

It was fun, though I kinda wish there were more options to actually make your other rides look like rally cars. I want MORE light pods on my RS200!

Seconded. I think the most disappointing thing about to me was not being able to throw the badass exterior rally features on my Quattro.

As someone that gleefully brings four-wheel drive cars into damn near every race in the main game, the Rally pack had me stoked. I had lots of fun with it, though not $20 worth.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really enjoy this game, and enjoyed the Dirt games more (open world Dirt game pls Codemasters). Will I be disappointed if I pick this up?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By uberexplodey

@kittyvondoom: unless this DLC has gone down in price recently, you could easily skip it. While I did have my day of fun with it, 20 bucks is pretty steep for a handful of stages and 5 cars. Leaves something to be desired if you're coming from the DiRT franchise -- and I'm with you, would definitely love for the codies to redeem themselves with the next goddamn proper Dirt release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.