Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

2nd Annual GB100 GP Endurance Race - Jan. 1, 2011 7:30 PM EST

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace

Last year, pakx started a tradition of lengthy races in Forza Motorsport on New Year's Day for cash and prizes. This year, that tradition continues, including the short notice!

The 2nd Annual GB100 Grand Prix Endurance Race

Not an actual image from last year's GB100.
    Not an actual image from last year's GB100.
    WHERE: Forza Motorsport 3 online
    WHEN: January 1st, 2011, 7:30 PM EST ( check other time zones here). Lobby/party will open up around 7:00 PM EST for mucking around.
    HOW TO JOIN:
    Send a friend request to GiantBomb Forza (unless you already have that OR Laz PsEG on your friends list; if that's the case, you're already set). When the time comes around, I'll start a lobby and a party on Xbox LIVE. I'll invite anyone who I see in Forza 3 into the festivities, but otherwise, please feel free to join without an invite!

In the extremely unlikely event that more than eight people show up, preference will be given to Race Night regulars in the order of my choosing. Don't let this dissuade you from joining if you haven't joined us before, though!

THE RACES:

As voted on by the community:
    Race 1: B Class, Fujimi Kaido, 4 laps (Recommended: an F or E Class car upgraded to B Class)
    Race 2: A Class, Nurburgring, 6 laps
    Race 3: S Class, Fujimi Kaido, 6 laps
    Race 4: R3 Class, Nurburgring, 6 laps
    Race 5: R2 Class, Le Mans (Old Mulsanne), 15 laps (Recommended: something fast for a long straightaway)
    Race 6: R1 Class, Nurburgring, 2 laps

FEEL FREE TO JOIN FOR ONE OR ALL OF THE RACES! If a race is already underway, feel free to join the lobby and party, and spectate/chat with us/us.

THE RULES:

1. Have fun.
    2. Don't be a dick.
    3. Damage will be set on Simulation for races 2, 4, and 5, and Cosmetic for everything else. This means you'll probably need to enter the pits at some point, so be sure to make a note of where it is on each track. Also, for fuck's sake, if you take significant damage, don't just limp around the track whining your ass off. Pit as soon as possible. The time you'll save with a repaired car often makes up for the time lost pitting.
    4. If you hit or take out someone accidentally, abide by rule 2 and let them recover and get back past you. Just a helpful suggestion of courtesy!

PRIZES:

As with last year, prizes are subject to be added or changed for the better. Depending on turn-out, prizes may take some time to be gifted.

Grand Prize
    To the top racer that isn't (likely to be) me, we have the most fabulous of prizes. The first is a code for the Stig's Garage car pack! That would be the pack with the Mercedes SLS AMG (or "the new gullwing"), the Lexus LFA, and that other car from Sweden nobody cares about. The redemption code will be distributed with the warning that it may or may not work, and by winning the code, you agree to only be disappointed and not turn into a gibbering whiner if it does not work.

In addition, the top racer will receive their choice of one of the following:
    • Ferrari F50 GT
    • Mosler MT900S
    • Gumpert Apollo S
    • or another car $500,000 or less, if you insist

Naturally, it won't just be the car. I'll slap a certain vinyl decal I'm working on onto the front:
    It's a fabulous (currently unfinished) decal ripping off of a talented person's artwork!
    It's a fabulous (currently unfinished) decal ripping off of a talented person's artwork!

Yep, that's the awesome Zaxxon-style Giant Bomb logo buzz_clik created. It will be finished and ready for plastering all over stuff in Forza 3 by the time the GB100 gets underway.

Also, because this is probably the last year the GB100 will take place in Forza 3, I'll gift all the crappy decals I've made or ripped off of buzz_clik's wonderful designs to the winner. That includes Space Neon Lobsters, Oscar Mike, Screened's logo, and my Persona 4 logo.

Completion Prize
    Anyone who completes a whole endurance race will find themselves with a copy of that lovely Zaxxon-style Giant Bomb vinyl on a cheap car of my choosing! The car I choose will likely vary in crappiness and cost from person to person, and will be decided on and announced after the event. I'll also gladly provide another decal or two that I've made on request.

Entry Prize
    For those who complete more than a lap but less than a race, you'll get the Zaxxon-style Giant Bomb vinyl by itself. Nobody fell into this category last year, so I'm making the weakest prize decidedly less fancy.

January 1st, 7:30 PM EST.

A night of enjoyable hell awaits you. Hopefully I'll see you then!
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By slowbird

Oh shit.  I'll be at work until 7PM.  I'll have to hurry to get home in time for the start.  I can guarantee you I'll try though.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie

Unfortunately I'll be visiting family. That and the fact that I haven't played Forza in at least 4 months. I will however promote your event to the best of my ability.

Hampe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Hampe

Hmmm, I'm at a big gaming event that day, so I'll probably be able to make my first appearance. Hopefully. Looking forward to it anyway :)

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By wrathofconn

I will be there. Count on it!

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By X19

I'm in awe of the effort you have put into these Forza nights man. If I had a 360 I would be in.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By pakx

oh motherfuckers you KNOW imma be thurr.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pakx

alright, as a show of dedication to you maniacs, i have changed the paintjob to my most beloved car, and the unofficial mascot of GBPRN 2010, the B Class Charger.

No Caption Provided

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By buft
    @ZombiePie:  sending a request shortly
    Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Callumrides

i would like to join the race night

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trace

All right, everyone. We're under an hour away from starting, and in under 15 minutes, I'll check GiantBomb Forza for new friend requests, and then open a party and lobby up to gather up early birds and practice a bit.

If you want to join us, it's not too late! Just send a friend request to GiantBomb Forza if you haven't already, and when you see me (Laz PsEG) open up a joinable game, join it. If it's past 7 PM EST (which is the top of the hour if you're in a different time zone), you may have to send a late friend request to me directly at Laz PsEG if you're not on GiantBomb Forza's friends list and still want in.

Beyond that, get your cars through their final paces, and I'll see you for endurance racing and prizes soon!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By falconer

Not gonna lie, I totally forgot about this and was just going to play Mass Effect all night.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By falconer
    @slowbird: Last year's thread

I haven't seen that before either, and... holy fucking shit. If I was playing with you guys back then, I would have started a shit storm.
    Keval_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Keval_N
    @ShaggyChu:  Wow, I don't remember reading that either.  I completely agree with Pax's post as well.

@buft: Thanks for joining in . . . enjoyed having a European in the group again this year and your stories about living in Toronto.  Too bad you probably won't be able to make it to the regular Thursday night race nights because of the time difference.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By trace

It is 1:57 AM, and the GB100 is long over. We just finished a bunch of stupid post-GB100 stuff which involved me giving my Keval "poop" CTS-V car away to Blarg for successfully performing a Secret Tag Action™ and tagging me from the side while I was in the building. I don't know if that's actually what he did, but who cares. For the record, the other secret action was hitting me so hard that I'd go flipping at least three times.

Anyways! The GB100 is over, and it was wild and long (though not as long as last year, thankfully). Here's the results:

Final Results

Race 1: B Class, Fujimi Kaido, 4 laps (Crappy Car Special)

1. Keval N (Toyota MR-S)
    2. Slowbird (Saab 99 Turbo)
    3. PsEG (Delorean)
    4. Falcon (Subaru WRX Adventure Special)
    5. Pax ('69 Dodge Charger)
    6. buft (BMW M3-GTR)
    7. Hay4z (DNF - eating)

Race 2: A Class, Nurburgring, 6 laps

1. Keval N (Alfa Romeo 8C)
    2. PsEG (Ford GT)
    3. Hay4z (Ferrari 360)
    4. Pax (Ford Mustang)
    5. Falcon (Range Rover -- failed "don't roll an SUV over at Nurburgring" challenge)
    6. Jugnutts (NSX, probably Acura)
    7. buft (Oooo Barracuda)
    8. Slowbird (Saleen truck -- passed "stay muted when you say you're going to shut up" challenge)

Race 3: S Class, Fujimi Kaido, 6 laps

1. Keval N (Nissan Skyline)
    2. PsEG (Dodge Viper)
    3. Slowbird (Ford RS200)
    4. Jugnutts (Lotus Evora)
    5. Falcon (Lamborghini Reventon)
    6. Pax (Porsche 911)
    7. Hay4z (DNF)

Race 4: R3 Class, Nurburgring, 6 laps

1. Jugnutts (Mosler MT900S)
    2. PsEG (Mosler MT900S)
    3. Slowbird (Ford GT somethingsomething)
    4. Keval N (Mosler MT900S)
    5. Pax (McLaren MP4-12C, passed "holy shit Pax is leading a race and outperforming us" challenge for half a lap)

Race 5: R2 Class, Le Mans (Old Mulsanne), 15 laps (Recommended: something fast for a long straightaway)

1. Keval N (Bugatti Veyron) 
    2. Jugnutts (Mosler MT900S)
    3. Hay4z (Pagani Zonda R)
    4. PsEG (Mosler MT900S, failed "don't whine about getting in an accident" challenge)
    5. Slowbird (GT500 Japansomethingsomething)
    6. Pax (SSC UltimateAero)

Race 6: R1 Class, Nurburgring, 2 laps

1. Slowbird
    2. hay4z
    3. Keval N
    4. PsEG
    5. Jugnutts
    6. Falcon
    7. Blarg
    8. Pax

Considering he won four of the six races, I think it's safe to declare Keval the overall winner. He gets the fancy Stig's Garage code to do with as he pleases, and hopefully it still works! I'll also give him a fancy car. In fact, due to turnout and a few victories, I'll give a few fancy cars out!

Keval, Jugnutts, and Slowbird can have their choice of the Ferrari F50 GT, Mosler MT900S, Gumpert Apollo S, or another car $500,000 or less, and I'll slap the Zaxxon GB logo on top of it. I'll also send along another copy of that vinyl group, along with all my other reasonable decals.

For achieving a special challenge, Pax will get an extra fancy car to be determined (I'll take requests if there's anything that trips his fancy that's $250,000 or less), along with a copy of the Zaxxon GB vinyl. Slowbird also achieved a special challenge, but he also won a race, so he can deal with a fancier car.

Falcon/ShaggyChu, buft, Hay4z, and Blarg/Coldfront will get random cars of my choosing as appreciation for their participation, probably with the Zaxxon GB logo on it. They'll also get a copy of the vinyl group, and if they want another vinyl group I've made, they can bug me about it and I'll get them a copy without being a jerk. I don't know. Maybe I'll just give said extra vinyls out at random!

It'll take me a while to recover from this shindig, and I'll have stuff to do very soon here as the new year break fades away, so do bear with me if I'm slow at getting your in-game prizes to you. Expect a much longer delay for videos of this action to surface, as well (especially the huge battle Keval and I had in race 3). Beyond that, I hope everyone had fun, and I'll see most of you back on Thursdays for the usual Forza Race Nights!
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pakx

man i was so suprised/pleased with my '00 Mustang, and if i can manage not to crash out like an idiot, i know my McLaren will keep me in good standings. the Porsche did very well but was victim to two bad early crashes caused by overagressive driving from both myself and others, and then an accident that was my fault completely. i'll keep it around because its preformance index is so good and she's comfortable to drive.

the Aero is a fucking mess, it's just not worth keeping around and now that it's at level 5 i can get most of my money back for her, and i think i will. 

my charger though, she's my baby. i wouldn't sell her for the world. for a big wide american muscle brawler, she held her own fantastically on the Kaido, managing to hold up and even pass people after an early crash where she lost her spoiler. my "endurocharger" setup that i made just for tonight's proceedings is wonderful and i think i'm gonna keep it on her for now.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By slowbird

I'm tempted to ask for the Mosler just to force myself to buy the DLC pack for it. :P

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By buft
    @Keval_N: my pleasure, pity i couldnt last the whole night, i was exhausted
    jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jugnutts

Excellent night of racing once again. I was glad that I was able to make it back from Vegas in time for most of it.

I will have to give the car choice some thought and get back to ya.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pakx

i've firmly made my choice of car, i simply await its being sent.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jugnutts
    @PsEG:  I would like a Audi R8 LMS please.

Gracias!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.