Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection?

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aus_azn
    Warning: The following post is OPINION; take it for what you will. It is not designed as a troll post, merely as my take on this issue. Any apparent fanboy-ism can be attributed to the current emotional state of the writer. I have tried to keep things as objective as possible. To ensure that this policy is kept, I will not be posting any comments or replies to responses.

Back when I bought my Xbox 360, my favorite series ever was Gran Turismo. Scarred by the history that I had with my PS2, spontaneously smoking itself into oblivion, I decided to give Forza 2 a shot. It was divine as compared with GT3, physically and graphically. I loved it to bits, and it is my most played 360 game of all time.

Forza 3 modified and (to be honest,) ruined the brilliant formula presented in Forza 2. Now they rub salt int the wound by making us rebuy the entire game for the SLS, LFA and CCX, along with some other XBL pittances? I have no idea how they can do this without fixing the problems within the game right now. While I understand that this is largely to try and recruit as many Forza Faithful (indifferent of Top Gear affiliation) before the release of GT5, the presence of such glaring bugs within the game (broken interior dashboards, car/data disappearances, paint lighting issues, lack of drift smoke, rare graphical glitches) strongly has put myself and many others on their forums at odds with Turn10. My hope is that GT5 doesn't suffer from the same problems.

My history with Forza 3 is as follows: After the brilliance that was Forza 2, I pre-ordered and paid for the LCE. I bought the two car packs that actually interested me and then a couple of the others that went on sale as DotW. 920/1000 on the game. Then, the game steals all of my auctions and DLC cars from me one day in some freak occurrence and neither T10 nor MS could do anything about it. I lost millions as a result, losing over 10 million credits in LMP1 cars alone, not to mention my designs and storefront; everything was gone except my Season Play/Event List progress [read: I cannot get the tournament win bonuses anymore, which essentially double tournament earnings], and most non-DLC/Disc2 cars. That equated to a good 15 or so driving hours wasted, at least. This sick joke has gone on for long enough. 

I was planning to get rid of my Xbox thanks to the recent bump-up in Live and my subscription expires next March, coupled with the use of my Xbox solely for weekend MW2 with my friends and Forza 3 on occasion. This seals the deal. 

Peace, Microsoft. It's been good, from Forza 2 to MW2. You guys have just made one too many mistakes for my patronage. 

tl;dr is: Buggy Forza 3 makes me rebuy game for more $ and little more (but really desirable) content + Live fee hike => Goodbye Xbox.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aus_azn
    Warning: The following post is OPINION; take it for what you will. It is not designed as a troll post, merely as my take on this issue. Any apparent fanboy-ism can be attributed to the current emotional state of the writer. I have tried to keep things as objective as possible. To ensure that this policy is kept, I will not be posting any comments or replies to responses.

Back when I bought my Xbox 360, my favorite series ever was Gran Turismo. Scarred by the history that I had with my PS2, spontaneously smoking itself into oblivion, I decided to give Forza 2 a shot. It was divine as compared with GT3, physically and graphically. I loved it to bits, and it is my most played 360 game of all time.

Forza 3 modified and (to be honest,) ruined the brilliant formula presented in Forza 2. Now they rub salt int the wound by making us rebuy the entire game for the SLS, LFA and CCX, along with some other XBL pittances? I have no idea how they can do this without fixing the problems within the game right now. While I understand that this is largely to try and recruit as many Forza Faithful (indifferent of Top Gear affiliation) before the release of GT5, the presence of such glaring bugs within the game (broken interior dashboards, car/data disappearances, paint lighting issues, lack of drift smoke, rare graphical glitches) strongly has put myself and many others on their forums at odds with Turn10. My hope is that GT5 doesn't suffer from the same problems.

My history with Forza 3 is as follows: After the brilliance that was Forza 2, I pre-ordered and paid for the LCE. I bought the two car packs that actually interested me and then a couple of the others that went on sale as DotW. 920/1000 on the game. Then, the game steals all of my auctions and DLC cars from me one day in some freak occurrence and neither T10 nor MS could do anything about it. I lost millions as a result, losing over 10 million credits in LMP1 cars alone, not to mention my designs and storefront; everything was gone except my Season Play/Event List progress [read: I cannot get the tournament win bonuses anymore, which essentially double tournament earnings], and most non-DLC/Disc2 cars. That equated to a good 15 or so driving hours wasted, at least. This sick joke has gone on for long enough. 

I was planning to get rid of my Xbox thanks to the recent bump-up in Live and my subscription expires next March, coupled with the use of my Xbox solely for weekend MW2 with my friends and Forza 3 on occasion. This seals the deal. 

Peace, Microsoft. It's been good, from Forza 2 to MW2. You guys have just made one too many mistakes for my patronage. 

tl;dr is: Buggy Forza 3 makes me rebuy game for more $ and little more (but really desirable) content + Live fee hike => Goodbye Xbox.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

I won't sit here and call you dumb for hating a product for a freak, rare technical problem. That's what ever... But why did Forza 3 "ruin" what Forza 2 built for the franchise? I think it's widely stated that Forza 3 did nothing but improve upon the previous game. Not to mention is has some damn sexy menus. 

Also, this was JUST announced. As it was pointed out in my thread, the cars will have to be put out for everyone so the data can be recognize. Therefore, they'll likely be available for everyone eventually.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By trace
    @Aus_azn said:
    "Forza 3 modified and (to be honest,) ruined the brilliant formula presented in Forza 2. [...] the presence of such glaring bugs within the game (broken interior dashboards, car/data disappearances, paint lighting issues, lack of drift smoke, rare graphical glitches) strongly has put myself and many others on their forums at odds with Turn10. [...] Then, the game steals all of my auctions and DLC cars from me one day in some freak occurrence and neither T10 nor MS could do anything about it. I lost millions as a result, losing over 10 million credits in LMP1 cars alone, not to mention my designs and storefront. "
    I can certainly understand the frustration you've had with game/system issues. As a person who hasn't experienced these major problems and doesn't know anybody who's had any huge problems, either, none of the other issues come close to ruining Forza 3 for me. I haven't had any tremendous graphical glitches, and the smoke/dashboard issues are really paltry matters in my book. My time with Forza 3 has been amazing, and I think the improvements in physics along with everything in general being streamlined puts it worlds ahead of Forza 2.

It sucks that you've had such problems with the game and Microsoft, but I think it might be more misfortune and bad luck on your part than actual shortcomings in Forza Motorsport 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.