Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Forza + Top Gear = Forza Motorsport 3: Ultimate Collection

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By falconer

So this was announced. I went on Turn10's forum after seeing this, and to no surprise, the place effin' exploded. I'm not going to rage like them, simply because I don't play Forza as much as I used to. But damn, I would pay 240 points to have The Stig on my dashboard... :(

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hoe-lee shit. Lexus LFA is making it into the game. My needs have been met.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'll be sitting right here impatiently waiting for the Top Gear test track to be added to Forza.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

Whoever was in charge and made this stuff happen is amazing.  I'm glad they're actually aware of stuff like this.  Good to see them doing Forza stuff, and I can't wait to drive the Top Gear test track in GT5.

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ethan
    @ShaggyChu: I feel compelled to actually play Forza now.  Nice icon.
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pwnasaurus

so you have to buy a whole other game just to get this? that seems unfair... or am i missing something?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falconer

I really do hope they put this stuff on the Marketplace as well. I saw a good point brought up on their forum; VIP means nothing now. It was something pretty cool that owners of the Limited Edition got (or you could buy the membership through the marketplace). We were supposed to get exclusive stuff, and blah blah blah. Well as far as I know those members of the community have pretty much been dropped. 

I realize the whole game making thing is a business, but that doesn't mean you should drop your fans once you have their money. Car packs have like, what, 5+ cars each? Maybe give VIP members an additional car on top of the one preview car if they don't buy the pack? That'd be pretty cool. 

I think there are some GREAT cars in the packs available. I have all of them downloaded as well, but none of them purchased. With all the cars available that I've yet to buy in game, I don't see the point of spending even more money on cars I'll use a couple times. 

Now based on this, obviously I'm not the target for these car packs. I'm not that much of a gear head. Or maybe I'm just poor... With all of that being said though, you slap Top Gear on something, and I'm buying that shit. I won't even think twice about it. Stig approved car pack? Done. Stig dashboard theme? Done. I want all of it. But I'm not going to buy a game I already spent $80 +tax on a second time.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falconer
    @pwnasaurus said:
    " so you have to buy a whole other game just to get this? that seems unfair... or am i missing something? "
    From what has been said so far, yes, that's the case.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By trace

I have to imagine it'll be DLC for everyone to purchase at some point, if not immediately upon its release. Non-ultimate users will need a car/sampler pack to see other people use these cars to begin with, anyways. People are just raging and flipping out over the unknown, which seems to be par for the course in Forza's community.

I would be amused, though, if the LFA and SLS remained out of reach for all the Forza players that were so desperate for them over the last few months. I'm a sick bastard like that.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aus_azn

A re-buy? With the complete butchering of this series from its standing in Forza 2, it just convinced me to sell my Xbox.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falconer
    @PsEG said:
    " I have to imagine it'll be DLC for everyone to purchase at some point, if not immediately upon its release. Non-ultimate users will need a car/sampler pack to see other people use these cars to begin with, anyways. People are just raging and flipping out over the unknown, which seems to be par for the course in Forza's community. I would be amused, though, if the LFA and SLS remained out of reach for all the Forza players that were so desperate for them over the last few months. I'm a sick bastard like that. "
    Oooooh, that totally true. Lets just hope they don't make this the Holiday Pack, heh.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By RobbieMac

I want Ben Collins on my dashboard!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falconer
    @RobbieMac: FUUUUUUUUUU
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RobbieMac
    @ShaggyChu:  I am sorry I had to do it.  I am right there with you man I love the concept of "The Stig".  I don't know about you but I still respect Ben.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By falconer
    @RobbieMac: Yeah, I guess I can't really hate him for it. I'm curious as to what they'll do on the show about it though. If they get a "new" Stig on screen, they can't change the uniform much I think.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

...so this is how Forza goes up with GT5.  Interesting.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chokobo

Mind is blown out the back of my head.  May buy this.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jayjonesjunior
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...so this is how Forza goes up with GT5.  Interesting. "
    being able to race/hot lap on their track is still better than anything they are offering.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel
    @jayjonesjunior said:
    " being able to race/hot lap on their track is still better than anything they are offering. "
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much they charge for it.  GT5 gives you all those cars, the Stig as playable & versus, the Top Gear Track, and the entire Top Gear episodes for free over GT-TV.  But hey, I would expecting nothing less from Forza finally buying the rights to Top Gear, took 'em long enough.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RobbieMac
    @ShaggyChu:  I heard someone suggest a really good idea and that was to have the "Black Stig" come back.  So the new season would start with him walking into the studio all wet and covered in seaweed.  I thought that was brilliant, but if they don't do that you are right you can't really do much else.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falconer
    @RobbieMac:   

I think one of the main reasons they can't change his suit much (if they even due) is partially due to marketing. I don't think they would want to go back and remake their Stig merchandise.
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By pakx

you know what? i've dumped hundred and hundreds of hours out of my little 70 dollar game. i love top gear and forza enough to go ahead and buy this.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By slowbird

I love Forza 3 and Top Gear and all, but I can't be buying two copies of a game, even if it comes with extra stuff.  MAYBE if I didn't have most of the DLC already, then just maybe.  But I already paid big bucks for the ones I want, and there probably aren't any new cars I want in the Ultimate edition.

I'm not one to jump on board with the raging fanboy masses, but I think they have a point this time.

If they make this content available via DLC, then all is well.

Mjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Mjolnir

I was basically going to buy GT5 just to drive the Top Gear track. I suppose I can deal with getting Forza as well

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

so people have to buy forza collection edition to get these? slap in the face from them. i just have to say that i can't wait for gran turismo comes out for ps3.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @jayjonesjunior said:
    " being able to race/hot lap on their track is still better than anything they are offering. "
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much they charge for it.  GT5 gives you all those cars, the Stig as playable & versus, the Top Gear Track, and the entire Top Gear episodes for free over GT-TV.  But hey, I would expecting nothing less from Forza finally buying the rights to Top Gear, took 'em long enough. "
    exactly my thoughts on this. forza is cool, but this just sounds like something they want to do to keep up with gt5
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @iam3green said:
    " so people have to buy forza collection edition to get these? slap in the face from them. i just have to say that i can't wait for gran turismo comes out for ps3. "
    I imagine they'll be released as DLC sooner or later.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bouke

Good thing i have the limited edition; but i was kind of hoping they would anounce the Top Gear test track...
    AnotherDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AnotherDuder

I honestly can't say i care. I mean,i will miss out,but FM3 has tons of cars as it is,and i have watched maybe 20 seconds of Top Gear  in my entire life so yeah.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zombie2011

This is really awesome, but i think they will do more with this in Forza 4 than they will in Forza 3.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Mjolnir said:
    " I was basically going to buy GT5 just to drive the Top Gear track. I suppose I can deal with getting Forza as well "
    ...but the cars in this pack are all in GT5 and the Mercedes SLS AMG is the cover car for GT5.  The 90 minute special is just clips of older episodes (GT5 has every episode of Top Gear for free from GT-TV).  GT5 still has the rights to using the Stig as a driver, the Top Gear Track, and the Stig Challenges.   

Is rebuying Forza worth it for a couple cars?
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By falconer
    @KaosAngel said:
    Is rebuying Forza worth it for a couple cars? "
    Nope, cause I already have them. :P
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Alexander
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...so this is how Forza goes up with GT5.  Interesting. "
    No, Forza goes up against GT5 by coming out on time while being an excellent game. Without the six year development gap between an actual sequel. That's why when someone says "driving sim" there are two franchises that come off the tongue rather than one. I'm thinking back to all the ridiculous Forza 3 vs GT5 threads we had a while back. I guess fanboys will be fanboys but by the time GT5 comes out a comparison to Forza 3 will be utterly meaningless.

As for this Top Gear partnership: a few cars, theme and video we've all seen before aren't anything to get excited about.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By falconer
    @Alexander: This partnership just came to be though. The car pack, a theme, and a TG highlight reel are some quick and immediate cash ins. This certainly isn't the last, or the most we'll see to come from it.
    Mjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Mjolnir
    @KaosAngel: I don't already own Forza 3, so the game being well-regarded is a good enough reason to buy it anyway. Sure, it sucks for those whose loyalty to the series made them buy it day one. But this is a good deal for anyone who hasn't gotten it yet (like me), or anybody who has since bought an Xbox and is sick of waiting for GT5. 

Btw, in the month that has passed since I heard about this, I'd completely forgotten about it. Please excuse me if I'm overlooking any details.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xyzygy

I'm just wondering, is the Ultimate Collection on sale yet? I really want to get it because I skipped Forza 2 and 3. I just searched Amazon and it's not even there though.

robcourtney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By robcourtney

It looks pretty likely that it'll be out as DLC soon... I didn't realize it's not on the disc for Ultimate Collection—it's a download code. And Turn 10 has started giving away Stig's Garage codes. Marketplace can't be too far behind.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By FancySoapsMan

When did the ultimate collection even come out? The link said october but I only saw the regular version in stores.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39  Edited By Sin4profit

Maybe i've lost my Copy of Forza 3 just in time...may get this if i don't find my copy sometime soon.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jeust

They will add it afterwards eventually. Still that is a underhanded business practice. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crunchUK

I got a stigs garage code for free on fm.net... u jelly? 

Also, you can pretty much guarantee they will be released as DLC. A) because there are supposed forzalopnik pack cars in the FUC(e.g lancia 037, jag D type) and B) they said the same thing about the VIP cars which were then released on marketplace a couple months later. 

P.S it's been a while... lols

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Jambones

Does the Ultimate Edition include all of the Forza DLC up until this point? Tracks and cars, etc. as well?

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cjmabry
    @Jambones said:

" Does the Ultimate Edition include all of the Forza DLC up until this point? Tracks and cars, etc. as well? "

From the Turn 10 post: "Ultimate Collection will also feature all cars and tracks found in the previously released Forza 3 Add-on Packs..." 

So, yeah! I'm probably going to have to pick it up now. haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.