Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Question about VIP cars

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ferrarimanf355

How many VIP cars were gifted with unique paint schemes? I had some cars that were tied to the last two pieces of DLC (Summer Velocity and supercar), but I deleted those DLC packs to get the achievement where you have to get at least one car from each make (the DLC cars count, apparently), and now they're gone now that I re-downloaded the packs in question. Is the only VIP car with a unique paint scheme that's tied to a DLC pack the winter-themed GT-R Spec V? 

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By trace

Looking through my garage at the gifts I've received, the Lotus Evora 124 Endurance Racecar also has a unique Forza paintjob on it. I think that was the only other DLC car with a fancy paintjob gifted out to VIPs.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DystopiaX
    @PsEG said:
    " Looking through my garage at the gifts I've received, the Lotus Evora 124 Endurance Racecar also has a unique Forza paintjob on it. I think that was the only other DLC car with a fancy paintjob gifted out to VIPs. "
    I have a bunch of gifted VIP cars with paintjobs. The ones that come to mind are a Crackdown one and a "nightmare" one (there may be a reference but all I know is it's some anime chick). 

At least, I think they're VIP cars. The only downloaded shit I have are the VIP pack, the stuff from the code packed in with the game, and the free stuff on the marketplace. As far as I know, none of those come with custom paintjobs.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By trace
    @DystopiaX:  Indeed, there are a bunch of painted cars VIPs have gotten, but I was referring only to the painted cars Turn 10 has gifted that are tied to DLC packs. To the best of my memory, that's just the winter GT-R and the Forza Evora 124. That seemed like the most helpful answer given the OP's situation.

If you count every specially painted car, you're looking at just about every car Turn 10's gifted VIPs outside of a few of the car battle selections and gifts to entice DLC purchases, and so long after the initial gifting, it's hard to tell what was VIP and what was just a gift to everyone. Looking in my garage and eliminating the cars I know were gifted for other reasons, the following specially painted cars from Turn 10 might have been VIP-only: 

• 1968 Shelby GT-500KR (Jalopnik)
    • 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Lost Angel)
    • 2006 Saleen S281 E (Crackdown 2)
    • 2009 BMW M5 E60 (Nurburgring, may have been an accidental gift to everyone)
    • 2005 Lamborghini Murcielago (Halo Waypoint)
    • 2008 Audi R8 (Nightmare)
    • 2004 Mazda RX-8 (Laguna Seca)
    • 2010 Nissan GT-R SpecV (Winter DLC car - actually a gift to everyone)
    • 2010 Lotus Evora 124 (Forza Motorsport 3 DLC car)
    • 2006 Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evolution (Game Room)
    • 2005 Nissan #46 Dream Cube's ADVAN Z (Perfect Dark)
    • 2009 Ford #1 Team Vodafone FG Falcon (Toy Soldiers)
    • 2003 Opel #5 OPC TEAM PHOENIX Astra V8 (Alan Wake)
    • Two 2009 Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02as (tribute paints, Patron and XM)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.