Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

Giant Bomb Forza Race Night: Thursdays, 10:30 PM ET

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Bouke

Seems like everyone in Europe is going to miss out on the first Race Night; there is only the one GB Forza race night right!?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ben_H

I really wanted to partake in this...

Come on Friday! Hurry up and get here so I can play this! I could have got it today but I forgot my debit card... :(

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By unsolvedparadox

@ShaggyChu said:

I've been refreshing FM.net forums like a mad man. Looks like F4 has a severe save corruption problem, once again (how, I have no fucking clue, it's a brand new god damn save). Before anyone gets too deep into career, I recommend trying to make a vinyl group, try applying it to a car, try accessing your vinyl groups, try making a tune, try access rivals mode and post laps. Basically, do EVERYTHING once.

That's really alarming...

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By HayFourZee
    No Caption Provided
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By trace

@Bouke said:

Seems like everyone in Europe is going to miss out on the first Race Night; there is only the one GB Forza race night right!?

Correct, at the moment. I mean, if someone in Europe wants to try and organize another race night that's more convenient for the Euro time zones, then by all means, go for it. Like Pax said, the first Forza race night on Giant Bomb was intended for Europeans. It also didn't last due to a lack of interest, but that might have changed by now.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By wrathofconn

@HayFourZee: Yo, that car is really good, as is the Peugeot you also shared. Both helped me seriously beat some dudes' times in Rivals events.

On a related note, I thought the achievement was for doing every single event, not just one of each type... So yeah, we'll see how long my club leaderboard spots hold up for. Needless to say I was too burnt out to do every Drift and Autocross event once I got to those.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Bouke

@PsEG: Yeah i attended a couple of Forza race nights years ago and then i don´t know what happend (other games i guess). So if i'm correct Forza race night will be at 10:30 PM ET, which translates to 3:30 AM GMT (and i'm GMT +2:00), so basicly 5:30 AM friday morning. I guess i won't be there for the first race night after all :P Maybe its an idea to host a Euro Forza Race Night; i'll try to find out if there are more people up for it. Only one day left to release!

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jugnutts
    No Caption Provided
    GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By GTFan712

4ZA RACE NIGHT.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jugnutts

@GTFan712: IKR!

matt_wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By matt_wickstrom

I'll try to join in on the fun tonight for a while. I work tomorrow at 6am, but my love for Forza can take away some of my sleep time tonight. I should get on around 11pm, and will play until 12:30 or 1

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By trace

OK, quick heads-up. I don't expect this to happen, but there's a chance that I might be 5-15 minutes late getting home. If 10:30 PM EDT hits and I'm not online gathering everyone into a lobby, don't fret immediately. I'll be there soon enough, barring any catastrophic issues driving home.

We're going to try this for an invite procedure this week, and continue with this in the future if it works out:

1. Regulars from our Forza 3 days get first crack, since they've been with us and helped us get to this point. This will almost certainly NOT fill out the lobby.
    2. I'll use the Invite Car Club feature and fire off more invites that way. This might fill the lobby.
    3. For any remaining spots, I'll be using our old GiantBomb Forza gamertag.

If this ends up working well, we'll keep using it for the weeks to follow. Also note that we will not be using party chat if more than eight people join. In cases like that, it's important not to have a mic going bad or whatever. Pay attention, be polite, watch the lobby title at the top, and everything will be awesome.

We'll likely do a variety of events tonight, including bunches of races, both open class and dumb, drifting, and a bit of that smashing new car soccer mode.

Oh, and for drifting, I've shared an old friend with the club, if you hadn't noticed already:

ADF Returns! Again!
    ADF Returns! Again!

It still works really well for drifting, I think. No word yet on the Beetle.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By wrathofconn

I request a lot of A-class, either in normal racing or the goofy stuff.

Because my GSX is so awesome.

gnarlycore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By gnarlycore

I'm a c class and a class man myself. Glad I remembered today is Thursday.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GTFan712

As long as I can drive BMWs I'll be happy. See you guys tonight.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By wrathofconn

@GTFan712 said:

As long as I can drive BMWs I'll be happy. See you guys tonight.

This game has you covered.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh, sadness. I wish I wasn't here in town visiting my parents or I'd be racing constantly. I'm leaving at like 9am tomorrow just to get back to my dear Forza, but it's still a three hour journey.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Samaritan

Good as time as any to poke my head in for the first time and join y'all. Looking forward to it.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jugnutts

@PsEG: God damn Forza 4 lets you take some nice pictures.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#70  Edited By slowbird

So Microsoft accidentally mailed my copy of the game UPS Ground anyway. BUT THEN, they sent an apology e-mail saying that they shipped me ANOTHER COPY through next-day air, meaning it would show up today, FOR FREE, and I can keep the second copy when it gets here, AND they gave me a promo code for a free game the next time I buy a game from them. So that means today when my Fanatec CSR wheel showed up on the UPS truck, there was a copy of the 4za LCE also on the UPS truck for me to play! NOBODY KEEPS SLOWBIRD AWAY FROM RACE NIGHT. Except slowbird himself, when he falls asleep. BUT THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN TODAY I CAN FUCKING PROMISE YOU.

(BTW, I won't be using the Fanatec wheel until next week, when the pedals show up. I bought them separately because I'm poor and should probably spend money on things other than racing wheels, but whatever VINNY BUY A RACING WHEEL.)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By trace
    @slowbird Two copies of Forza?! Clearly you need to get a second TV and 360 for the best rear view mirror setup ever.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By slowbird

@PsEG: I was half-jokingly considering that I could use the promo code for a third copy of Forza 3, then I'd only be two TVs and two Xboxes away from a three-screen setup. BTW, where/how do I find the club invite? Or do I have to wait until you send one, because I couldn't find it in the message center.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#73  Edited By falconer

@slowbird: Clearly I should have kept my pre-order with them...

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By slowbird

@ShaggyChu: Haha, yeah. I didn't get my CR-Z pre-order code, but I assume it will be in the packaging of the second copy I get, which was actually the first copy they mailed. :P

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GTFan712

@slowbird: Want to sell me the VIP code from your second game? Best Buy didn't have any of the Premium edition available, and I had to have the 1M.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By slowbird

@GTFan712: Possibly. I have a friend who has expressed interest in playing 4za, but he's the type who probably wouldn't care about a few extra cars. So if he wants the game but doesn't care about the codes, I'll let you know.

gnarlycore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By gnarlycore

Christmas in October for Slowbird.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By trace
    @slowbird I'll fire an invite your way right before Race Night.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By slowbird

@PsEG: C-c-c-cool beans!

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By wrathofconn

Happy with my win for the night, maybe I'll share that NSX at some point and someone can tell me how to improve the tune setup since I am bad at that and just make basic changes. Glad it was fast though. Successful first week!

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pakx

got the Fairlane Tbolt as a reward on the exit! gonna make her shine for next week.

it was amazing seeing a full lobby and having it work so well. really great to see Race Night in full swing with a fresh coat of paint.

WE ARE RACE NIGHT!

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#82  Edited By Sin4profit

Man i did terribly, was experimenting with settings throughout and i couldn't figure out how to turn the HUD back in while in the lobby. It was mentioned that there's a map where you can identify the "not it" cars in Virus but since i had the hud off i couldn't tell who's who until i get up close.

I'll look for a headset and try to be better prepared for next week.

Also working on a Hardcore Dave vinyl (AlisterCat's version) I'll share with the club once i figure out how all that works.

bullishsquinty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#83  Edited By bullishsquinty

Thanks for the invites, or rather invite attempts, tonight. First two seemed to fill up fast, and I thought I was pretty quick on the second one. Bummer for me, but great for the club. The third invite from Laz PsEG said there was some kind of NAT error; I'll look into that and make sure it wasn't my issue.

It seems like there was great success tonight. Hope I can get in on the fun next week.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84  Edited By sparklykiss

@slowbird said:

(BTW, I won't be using the Fanatec wheel until next week, when the pedals show up. I bought them separately because I'm poor and should probably spend money on things other than racing wheels, but whatever VINNY BUY A RACING WHEEL.)

Like shoes?

You need to treat those pedals properly by buying and wearing new shoes when you race. It's a must.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By trace

Well, that was a hectic, crazy night, wasn't it? It might very well be the standard for nights to come. A lot was learned, and we'll continue to improve as the weeks go on. I'll repeat it below, but if you participated tonight and you really hated something, please don't hesitate to comment about it in this thread. Anything we can do to help encourage more great 16-player lobbies!

Now, for the first time for Forza Motorsport 4...cue the cat.

No Caption Provided
    • Yes, you read that right. We had a full 16 players during this Race Night! I'm flabbergasted. Seriously. I found it quite entertaining, and think it adds a bit of quality randomness to the outcome of races. I mean, Keval can't fight his way up to first place every time, right?
    • Do note that the trend of spamming out invites to the club when we have space will almost certainly continue. Hopefully nobody had any issue with that. What people did seem to have issues with, however, was connecting to the lobby in the first place. Many of you were having troubles, and I can only encourage that you keep trying to connect if possible. I'm not sure if there's an alternate method of getting into my lobby for club members who aren't on my friends list, but asking for a reinvite was acceptable, if a little inconvenient for those of you affected.
    • Race Night: Learning by Doing
    • Speaking of which, holy crap, is 8-on-8 soccer crazy or what? I'm watching the replay of our antics, and though the color doesn't make for great pictures, it looks like the most adorable gathering of rednecks and insane millionaires ever.
    • Those of you who joined us for Car!Soccer in Forza 3 know that scrums for the ball typically lead to major framerate issues. This certainly isn't the case with Forza 4!
    • In fact, 4's physics seem to have a new rule: When collision detection is in doubt, eject all cars into space. This is more awesome than it sounds.
    • ...speaking of which, being ejected into space, quite literally, only to fall on Gnarlycore's hood, was my personal highlight of the night. I captured this on video, and I'll get it on YouTube soon here.
    • On the note of videos, uploading to forzamotorsport.net seems much, much faster now! Take advantage of that while you still can.
    • Personally, I think NASCAR is amazing with 16 players! We'll have to keep trying this, as once everybody's used to driving the ovals in stock cars, the racing gets uncomfortably close. That's also more awesome than it sounds!
    • What isn't awesome? Indy's grass being made of unnatural glue. Major loss of grip I can understand, but glue? That is dangerous to the idea of close racing.
    • PSA: Mr. Perfect is dead. Mr. Perfect Car Rating is also dead. Sorry.
    • I threw a bunch of koalas and madmen onto Fujimi Kaido, and you know what? I think it worked.
    • Seriously, though, the Tesla Roadster is a frightening vehicle. It's no wonder people often tell stories of getting that car well above a speed limit without realizing it: the lack of sound makes that very easy. I'm surprised it hasn't killed more celebrities and auto journalists.
    • It's official: Wormious is king of the classy finish. Those who were there would know.
    • Remember: Serial Parallel Hybrid is what gets us Volts and Priuses to race. Throwing these cars into our usual virus tag layout is a terrible idea, though.
    • Finally, I'll put together some of our old game types over the next week. Expect Clunker Pushing to return! If you've never participated in Clunker Pushing, you will enjoy it. Hopefully.

I'm taking some photos, and I'll have those up within a day or so. Until then, thanks to everyone for attending, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves enough to return next week!

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sparklykiss

@PsEG said:

Finally, I'll put together some of our old game types over the next week. Expect Clunker Pushing to return! If you've never participated in Clunker Pushing, you will enjoy it.

:D :D :D

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By trace

Oh, hey, those images? Ready already. There's not many, but if others want to show off more...well, that's what this thread is for, in part. Hopefully I made up for it with quality shots.

Videos to come. I want to grab a few clips of races. Some amazing stuff, though it seems there's a tradeoff in making everyone sound like they're skidding all the time for having sixteen people around.

Anyways, pictures!

We bring the turn 1 chaos.
    We bring the turn 1 chaos.
    A pretty Hackenham duel.
    A pretty Hackenham duel.
    Electric Sixteen!
    Electric Sixteen!
    NASCAR looks so cool.
    NASCAR looks so cool.
    Falling Bugatti! Look out!
    Falling Bugatti! Look out!
    Charging through a Hockenheim turn
    Charging through a Hockenheim turn
    Dangerous Camino Viejo walls!
    Dangerous Camino Viejo walls!
    Check that flame.
    Check that flame.
    slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By slowbird

@Sparklykiss said:

@slowbird said:

Like shoes?

You need to treat those pedals properly by buying and wearing new shoes when you race. It's a must.

Ironically, I don't wear shoes when using a wheel and pedals, because I get a better feeling of the pedal resistance without them. D:

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sparklykiss

@slowbird said:

@Sparklykiss said:

Ironically, I don't wear shoes when using a wheel and pedals, because I get a better feeling of the pedal resistance without them. D:

The amount of sense you make is baffling. Then again, I've been kept up trying to make my MLP cars perfect. My garage looks almost not-naked!

...I think after this that you, Pakx, and whoever else should help start up a running of the leaves where we just race around tracks like Maple Valley. IT'LL BE JUST LIKE THE SHOW, YOU GUYS. And if I'm in my Rainbow or AJ car and get into dead last, it won't matter. Because then it'd accurate.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By pakx

so late last night after my girlfriend went to sleep, i booted Forza back up and started messing around with the Tbolt... i think i'm in love. it's fast, nimble, accelerates like a madman and handles like it was built yesterday. by Lotus.

No Caption Provided

also an old friend has made her return to my garage:

No Caption Provided

it's good to be back.

beef_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#91  Edited By beef_daddy

@PsEG Great shots, I now have new wallpapers!!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By falconer

Wow, so Microsoft totally sent me a Honda code even though I canceled my pre-order. Neat.

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jugnutts

@ShaggyChu: Damn u, i should order it and cancel it.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pakx

@PsEG: there is now photo evidence of Pax successfully driving ahead of people!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By falconer

Anyone know what the hell is up with the BMW M3 GTR? There are three M3's available right now, but none are the GTR. And yet, I just raced against a GTR in Career, and the GTR is a searchable car in the Auction House (though there are none up).

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jugnutts

@ShaggyChu: Maybe it's a unicorn car?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By trace

@Jugnutts said:

This is correct, from what I've heard.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By GenghisJohn

Had a blast racing last night. Sorry that my mic cutout about halfway through, headphone batteries died.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By falconer

@PsEG said:

@Jugnutts said:

This is correct, from what I've heard.

GOD... DAMN IT!!! I'm never buying anything, ever. I'm at 1.8M credits right now, and I'm saving them ALL until I can get a GTR.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#100  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

Tesla Roadster Transmission Specs via http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster/specs on the Performance tab

Transmission

Single speed fixed gear. Reverse drive uses reverse direction of motor, limited to 15 mph.

Overall Final Drive8.28:1
    Final Drive Ratio3.12:1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.