Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 11, 2011

The fourth installment of Turn 10's Motorsport racing franchise, released in Fall 2011. It features 16 player online races, dynamic race conditions, cars from over 80 manufacturers, and compatibility with Kinect, both on and off the racetrack.

Multiplayer connection Issues

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mfpantst

Any of you guys having really serious multiplayer connection issues loading races from lobbies? I'm running a 25% success rate right now (for about a week) playing multiplayer games that actually load to the race for me. Any suggestions as well if there is a way to fix this? Right now I'm pretty infuriated at how crappy this game seems to work online.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FritzDude
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mfpantst

@FritzDude: I hope so. I knew about that thread, but wanted to see what you all's experiences have been. As my wife pointed out, I had prior to posting this spend 45 minutes not racing because I couldn't get a connection to load. Looks like now it's 1 hour, one race.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By trace

We've been having intermittent loading/connection issues since the second week of Race Night in Forza 4, so yeah, it definitely is a widespread issue.

Hopefully it's fixed in an update, because we had three straight races fail to load last week, and that was infuriating.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mfpantst

@PsEG: Yup. I got 3 races to work after my halfhour of not working. But races aren't working again. Could be my last weekend with Forza for a while.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mfpantst

So it does sound like they're "close" to a fix for this.  Also, I happened to stumble on this, but apparently the Cycled Production Lobbies work fairly pretty well.  I've been testing this out and (fingers crossed) have had the lobby work every time.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@mfpantst said:

So it does sound like they're "close" to a fix for this. Also, I happened to stumble on this, but apparently the Cycled Production Lobbies work fairly pretty well. I've been testing this out and (fingers crossed) have had the lobby work every time.

I haven't had trouble connecting to races, but in multiplayer (and ONLY in multiplayer), my 360 locks up every third race. It's bizarre as hell. To be honest, though, I've never played much multiplayer in Forza, so maybe this is a problem with my Xbox and not the game. Still, considering how much trouble people have had, maybe not.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mfpantst
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw: I've heard of your issue, but never had that happen to me.  Well once actually.  What I have happen is in multiplayer games where I can choose my car (as opposed to the cycled production, which works fine for me) every race or every other race will load to the first loading screen (circuit screen) and not the second and third.  Either it will stick there and I'll have to quit to the dashboard or after a few minutes go through the three loading screens and kick me back to the lobby.  At which point I'll have to quit the game anyways for another match to work.  100% of the cars I race are tuned in the circuit lobbies, and 100% of them are custom liveries as well.  I'm about 50% certain that's my problem, but not my internet connection (as that works fine).  I have a feeling the system for distributing those items (liveries is the culprit I think) is broken.  Anyways, since they addressed in the most recent week in review, hopefully a title update comes soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.