With Thursday Race Night out there to scratch the itch for all of us who enjoy racing against each other, it seems like the leader boards are a great way to compete against each others times. That being said a thorough perusal through our car club's leader board shows very few car class / race track combinations that everyone has done. Seems like the best way to populate the boards and get some competition is to have a weekly event with a specific class and track (and even specific section if so desired).
Here is a direct link if you don't know what I'm talking about - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/community/leaderboard.aspx or you can access the leader boards in game.
|Week||Leaderboard Type||Car Class||Environment||Tracks||Winner||Winning Time|
Here's the breakdown:
1) Assists and difficulty level - whatever you would like. All on, all off, a slight mixture, however you like to race is how you get to race.
2) Race week begins Tuesday morning at 6 am PST and ends Monday at noon.
3) Winner each week picks the following weeks' race. My XBL name is the same (j3ffro919), winner can send me a message either here or on XBL and I'll update this thread Tuesday morning.
4) Winner picks type (Circuit/Rivals/Drag/Etc), Car Class (F-X), Environment (Bernese Alps/Suzuka Circuit/Etc), and if they would like to break it down further to an individual part of that track they can.
5) You need to be in the Giant Bomb Car Club to win. I know there's a number of people waiting to get in, and I don't want to discriminate against them, but how the leader board is calculated is Overall, Car Club, or Car Club plus Friends and trying to coordinate everyone being friends with everyone else would be a nightmare.
6) Smack talk is highly encouraged and just this side of mandatory.
Final Note - I'm open to mixing things up. If you have suggestions/improvements/etc don't hesitate to voice your opinion. This isn't an ego thing for me, I'm just a numbers dork who's played Fantasy Football long before it was socially acceptable to do so - so the thought of having 30-100 people all trying to beat the same time on the same track with the same class of cars is awesome.
Edit: Appears I can't change the title of the thread...could be potentially confusing in the future. Sorry Duders.