Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 5

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Forza Motorsport's debut on the Xbox One.

Direct feed Forza 5 Bernese Alps video and pics.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlexGlass

Well direct feed as it goes for image quality since it seems the video is still encoded at 29.9fps but the difference between the download version and Youtube compressed version is quite drastic. Glad to see MS finally doing something about it and putting it up on their media website.

Direct Feed Forza 5 Bernese Alps download link(570.4 MB).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

1080P full res links:

http://i.imgur.com/WY1IPXr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EzXC8VI.jpg

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_forza_motorsport_5-23306-3.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_forza_motorsport_5-23306-4.html

Showroom:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Video captures:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If only Youtube would do something about it. Their compression methods are killing next-gen gaming image quality.

Bonus! Forza 5 ESPN FILMSPEED commercial. For those who have not seen it, it's pretty cool.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I played it at PAX. The graphics were good. The trigger rumble was pretty much unnoticeable, that I'm not sure if the build they had actually used it.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I'm still wish PGR 5 gets announced soon for next year.. This is nice and all but.. Le sigh.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Thanks for posting the download link. It's true that YouTube compression kills a lot of the image quality from next-gen games. Oh and I wonder why they didn't show the cockpit of the Huayra in the video.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

Where is the 60FPS vid?

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

Thanks for posting the download link. It's true that YouTube compression kills a lot of the image quality from next-gen games. Oh and I wonder why they didn't show the cockpit of the Huayra in the video.

Yeah we need to start petitioning Youtube to change their compression and frame rate. They really need to do something. I'm actually starting to wonder if they're even 1080p compressed. It's so bad, I'm starting to think they upscale everything, from either a compressed 720p video or maybe even lower, and call it 1080p. Compression alone typically doesn't create those type of clearly visible pixel blocks I always see in Youtube videos.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still wish PGR 5 gets announced soon for next year.. This is nice and all but.. Le sigh.

But, with Bizarre Creations gone would it really be a PGR game?

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexGlass

@ll_exile_ll said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

You mean without the short ass runs, and 90 degree corners that always make you go no faster than 50MPH? I'm in! I hated PGR for that reason.

If you're an arcade racer, let me freaking race at 100MPH+ 80% of the time. Not interested in slowing down that much. I mean honestly I'm not a big sim racing fan, but even Forza doesn't seem to be that bad about it and it's tracks seem to be much better for high speed racing.

In addition, PGR's car physics always felt ULTRA heavy and bulky to me. Ridge Racer and Outrun FTW! :)

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I feel like Forza Horizon is our best hope for continuing on the legacy of PGR. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next game included a big city with rural outskirts à la GTAV. This would let you have tight city circuit races and blasts around country roads.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@alexglass: I just liked the gothic buildings.. BIG GIANT fucking buildings, over and over again, sprawling urban circuit races. Mountains and sunlight is pretty but ah.. Hmm. Actually, those short runs do sound pretty fun for me. I imagine like a rat race with narrow lanes with everyone trying to get to the finish. Sure, just revamp everything that and keep the fun parts, modernize it and stuff, and KEEP the clicking for points.

I mean I might pick this up anyway.

Goddannick I want PGR.......

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided
    Loading Video...

Loading Video...

NO bikes this time.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

I don't know how I feel about that HUD shake. It seems distracting. I understand it's "attached" to the car.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By falconer

The first thing I noticed was that the lighting is better. In Forza 4 it's just a giant blob in the sky. Then I noticed the environment outside of the track looking nicer, but not a super big jump in quality. When I finally noticed the real time reflections on the car, my mind was blown.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlexGlass

@falconer said:

The first thing I noticed was that the lighting is better. In Forza 4 it's just a giant blob in the sky. Then I noticed the environment outside of the track looking nicer, but not a super big jump in quality. When I finally noticed the real time reflections on the car, my mind was blown.

There's a lot of geometry being pushed around in Forza 5 from what I'm seeing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.