Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 6

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 15, 2015

The 6th installment in the Forza Motorsport series. It is the first Motorsport game to feature night racing and wet weather conditions.

Forza Motorsport 6 Rivals Weekly Hot Lap Challenge

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dewar

Well, since there's no good "challenge your friends" type functionality in Forza this time around, I've decided to throw up a weekly hot lap thread to try and get a bunch of people trying to beat the top time on the same track at the same time. Each week I'll throw up a rivals time attack for a low car class (E-B) and a higher car class (A, S, and maybe an occasional P and R.) On Sunday at 9pm Pacific I'll take a look at my friends leaderboard for that race and post the results.I've already got some racing nights folks in my friends list, but please post here if you want in so I can be sure to have everyone added. If we get enough people playing, we'll start a point system after a few practice weeks, with maybe a small prize (XBL points or something.)

Edit: I should mention my Gamertag is D3war should you want to friend me back.

Additional Rules:

1) This is a contest of car selection, tuning, and skill. Don't complain about someone picking an "unbalanced" car. If you're worried about it, then you should pick it for yourself as well.

2) Though I would encourage people to make their own tunes, there isn't a rule against downloading one from the leaderboards. Even if I wanted to make that rule, there's no way to enforce it.

3) We will be going by the Forza leaderboard ranking, meaning that clean laps will always be better than dirty ones. Try to get in at least one clean rolling lap

This weeks challenge:

Since I'm just getting this up now, we'll go until October 4th at 9pm Pacific time.

C Class: Road America West Alt

S Class: Prague Full - Reverse

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By j3ffro919

Awesome idea, I'll have to dive in this weekend on these.

Looking at the massive number of rivals events, I don't think I'm ever going to find the time to give MGSV or Fallout 4 the attention they deserve.

ETA: I'm Starburns Lives, I added you a little bit ago. Just did a few laps on the C challenge that were pretty lousy. I'm resigning myself to start driving stick (which is ironic because that's primarily what I've driven in real life for the last decade), and rivals laps seems to be the best way to get there.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, not too many responses unfortunately. I did some laps on the C class and was going to sit down and do some A class in the next few hours. Anyone who wants to get in still has a shot.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp, it's just about bedtime here, so it's time for the results.

For C Class: Road America West Alt. Starburns beat me out by a couple of seconds

Starburns Lives: 1:44.851

Dewar: 1:46.793

For S Class: Prague Full - Reverse, I'm the only one who took a shot at it :(

I'll put up another couple of tracks just in case people want to join in over the next week, but it would be silly for just you and I to play each week Starburns

This Week's Challenge

B Class: COTA West

S Class: Alps Festival - Reverse

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By j3ffro919

@dewar: Agreed, though, in time more people may jump in. I will definitely keep going, I meant to hit the higher class one as well but a sick two year old and the beginning of the month (I work in property management, first of the month is my busy time) chewed my free time up.

I started a similar thing years ago, I'm pretty sure it was for FM4. One week, one track, one class - winner gets to pick next week. It went on for a little while with mild involvement, then someone won and didn't pick anything, and it got derailed for a bit. When that happened a second time it really derailed it. If I'm remembering right (it's been ...4? years and I've lost a lot of brain cells and sleep since then) it was much easier to sort because there was the actual Giant Bomb Car Club, so you could sort leader board by car club.

I think at the end of the day most people just don't enjoy the asynchronous multiplayer as much as others. But, making a post every Wednesday (for example) dictating the new track and class doesn't take too much effort. Just don't rely on other people to choose, I would make that suggestion.

I looked it up, we got 12 weeks before it died. http://www.giantbomb.com/forza-motorsport-4/3030-33400/forums/giant-bomb-weekly-timed-challenge-522192/#48

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza 4 felt like it had a lot better support for Hot Lap stuff, but maybe I just have good memories. I was in a group that was fairly competitive for a while. I noticed the improvement because at one point we went back to some of the older tracks and I bested my time in the same vehicle by a few seconds due to practice and better tuning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.