Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 6

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 15, 2015

The 6th installment in the Forza Motorsport series. It is the first Motorsport game to feature night racing and wet weather conditions.

Giant Bomb Forza Race Night: Thursdays, 9:30 PM ET

• 94 results
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace

Giant Bomb Forza Race Night

Starts every Thursday at 9:30 PM ET (6:30 PT)

No Caption Provided

Runs until people get tired (usually 12 AM - 1 AM ET, 9 PM – 10 PM PT)

Since November 2009, we’ve been running a combination of silly and serious races using one of the most accessible racing sims available. Every Thursday night, it’s not about crushing rivals or being a dominant force of motorsport; rather, it’s about enjoying races that are unexpected, challenging, and just plain fun.

It’s worked for almost six years without fail, so I think we’ve got something special here.

Do you like racing cars? Do you like doing silly stuff with cars? Do you want to do any or all of that with the Giant Bomb community? If so, you should join us.

Hosted by Trace (Peace Egg on Xbox Live).

How to Join

This section is subject to change dramatically based on any improvements made to the Xbox One.

1. Follow my gamertag, Peace Egg. You should be able to do this without needing my permission on the Xbox One. It will also make my Drivatar more likely to join your career races. I apologize in advance.
    2. Post your gamertag in this thread (if you're not already a regular attendee). This way, I can follow you back to send game invites and make it easier for you to jump straight into my lobbies. ONLY POST YOUR GAMERTAG IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US ON THURSDAY NIGHTS. I don't want to be mean about this, but this thread isn't intended as a gamertag exchange, so posting your gamertag without intending to join only makes it harder for me to find and invite people on Thursdays. You're obviously free to follow me anyways if you want my awful Drivatar to make a mess of your races.
    3. When I start up the private lobby for Race Night just before 9:30 PM, I'll go through my list of followers and invite anyone playing Forza Motorsport 6 into my game. This would be a good time to be playing Forza. If my friends list says you're in-game, I'm hitting you with an invite. If you can join my lobby before that invite, then feel free to be proactive! You won't be disturbing any natural order.
    4. We'll race. You'll have fun, hopefully.

Two additional notes to keep in mind:

• Occasionally I might be out of town, so someone else will host during those weeks. We’ll try to keep track of that in this thread, but it may slip through the cracks at times.
    • If you aren’t joining right at 9:30, there may be a delay inviting you in. You can send me a message to alert me you want in, but please be patient, as we’re probably in the middle of a 5-10 minute race.

What To Expect

While we mostly race during Race Night – hence the name – we do have a few other game modes we've created over the years that are fun.

Some of these games include:

• JELLY RACING: SushiXXX tends to make legit pro setups that handle super well, if it weren’t for the suspension bouncing the car around perpetually. Inevitably, we will race and tame these beasts.
    • CLUNKER PUSHING: Requires teams of two, so only in smaller lobbies. One person is a clunker, an already-slow car with 75% of their horsepower and some of their grip taken away. The other person is a pusher, a faster vehicle with no such handicaps. First clunker to make it to the finish wins. It's like Cat & Mouse, except more awesome. Typically done on a track with big hills, because there’s a sick comedy in tiny cars rolling back down large hills they couldn’t ascend.
    • VIRUS TAG: One person starts as 'it'. When another person is tagged, he or she also becomes it. Repeat until everyone has been tagged and we all curse over whomever we “let” win. Hopefully heats work properly in Forza 6; otherwise, this mode’s going to suck.
    • FLAGPOLE RACING: One person is a flagpole. Everyone else is racing. Every time you encounter the flagpole, regardless of where it is on the track, you have to drive a circle around it before continuing on. The flagpole may move between laps.
    • HATEFEST: Don’t ask. It’s better you discover the terror yourself.
    • CAR SOCCER: Someday we’ll figure out how to get this back. Rocket League can’t replicate what we had perfectly.
    No Caption Provided

In addition, expect the following special series over the course of the next two years:

• Formula Duder: The iRacing-born series will make its debut in Forza 6! Expect stock open-wheel battles over a series of tracks. Very likely to use the Formula E to start, unless the Formula 2000 becomes available shortly after launch.
    • Giant Bomb Super Series: Multi-class racing mayhem with weird bonus points and team warfare that relies heavily on social media. It’s not only the dumbest series we’ve ever run, it’s the best series we’ve ever run. #GBSuperSeries
    • Giant Bomb GT: There sure are a lot of touring cars and GT3 machines in Forza 6. We're going to make good use of them and bring this series back from a long exile.

Expect the unexpected. I am always willing to try new things out, provided there's a good way for determining a winner in-game.

The Rules

Our standards are pretty simple, much like Giant Bomb's rules: Don't be a dick. So far, we haven't had any major issues with this, but allow me to elaborate with suggestions that will greatly help everyone's experience:

Don't intentionally crash others during races.

Forza Motorsport 6 is not nearly as full-contact as Forza Horizon 2. Accidents will happen with high speeds and limited space, but please don’t slam into other players, and be mindful to give appropriate space when battling.

This rule doesn’t apply to any of the weird event ideas we come up with, like clunker pushing or flagpole racing. Generally, though, if a race isn’t designed to involve contact and we haven’t explicitly stated the race is full-contact, please avoid hitting other cars.

If you do end up blatantly taking someone out by accident and advance your position as a result, it's considered good manners to give them the spot back. This doesn't always mean stopping on track, which we've learned can be rather dangerous, but if you see the person you crashed in your rear-view mirror driving at speed again, slowing down and letting them pass is a nice gesture.

Calling ‘Gran Turismo’ before using somebody’s car to make a turn may be FIA regulations, but it’s not cool in Forza Motorsport. Don’t do it.

Be mindful of the voice chat.

With up to 24 people, there’s a potential for a frightening amount of voice chat, and I don’t think party chat works with those numbers. Do keep in mind that sometimes I'll ask for race suggestions or someone will try to explain game modes to newbies in the lobby. Chattering over this sort of stuff only delays the fun times and gets annoying. Don't delay the fun times!

In addition, if someone's headset is acting up, most especially with echoes or high-pitched squeals, we may ask you to try and fix it ASAP, since that almost completely prevents us from communicating with one another. It's highly frustrating. Usually, unplugging or muting the headset until you can deal with it is a good temporary fix if you're in the midst of racing when this crops up.

Oh, and don't snap in TV if it's going to blare through your headset. That's just annoying.

Other Things You Should Know

If you want to join, JOIN.

Don't mull over whether you're good enough or not. Our fields are full of people with widely varying skills, and as long as you're willing to understand that racing's not always about finishing first, but finishing well, you should have a great time with us. You won’t be cast out because you’re placing last all the time. On the contrary! We want you to practice and learn. Mastering this racing stuff is a pretty amazing feeling.

If you're worried about crashing one of us accidentally, let me just say that we're all used to how online racing typically goes. We can avoid your spinning car with brakes aflame, so don't worry about that either.

We don't mind if you're late.

As long as we have open spots (and we will have open spots with lobbies of this size), we're looking for people until the end of Race Night. If you can only make it to Race Night an hour in, then you're good. Get in here.

You don’t need a racing wheel.

Seriously, Vinny, it’s cool. This isn’t iRacing, so controllers are supported very well. I’ve always used a controller for Forza, and it’s worked fine thus far. Not having a wheel won’t put you at a horrendous disadvantage, trust me.

You don't need any cars or DLC, but having a car for each class would be nice.

The car suggestion is for your own enjoyment, as earning less money from rental cars is rarely fun.

Have fun! That's what we're here for.

You might hear some of the long-time regulars make reference to things like Stanica the Danica Fanica or the Lamborghini Pizza Club, but don’t worry about that. You’ll catch on soon enough.

Seriously, just enjoy yourself.

No Caption Provided

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By trace

Super Series III Preparation: Stage 1

Test the Pro Class Vehicles

Your assignment is to take one of the following vans, and upgrade it to C class:

• 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500
    • 2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan

The Terradyne Gurhka is also a valid choice, but it will not be competitive. We are going to test competitiveness with the Ford and GMC in the weeks to come, to ensure they are an even match for each other.

Once the Pro class is settled, we will test cars for the Elite class. There are currently two cars under consideration there. Both are tiny.

Super Series Team Status

• Gerst Manufacturing (Jeff's Team): READY!
    • Vincar/VinnCo (Vinny's Team): READY!
    • SHMKR (Brad's Team): New logo needing conversion, old logo available
    • Dresca Technologies (Drew's Team): READY!
    • Gasta Team Eire (Danny's Team): Logo awaiting replication
    • (Alex's Team): Official Name and Logo Pending
    • (Dan's Team): Official Name and Logo Pending, Unofficial Prototype Logo Created
    • (Jason's Team): Official Name and Logo Pending
    • (Austin's Team): Official Name and Logo Pending
    • (Matt's Team): Unnannounced, Awaiting Funding
    gnarlycore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am excited, and now that I'm a self-employed member of society...I will have more time for race nights....it's a shame that opening race night is also opening football night...so I will try and be on late night style.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Have fun, people! Hope to join you if I get an Xbox One. Also, if you do any great car designs (or come across any, but be honest, pleaee), I absolutely love looking at them so always feel free to hit me up with pictures. Looking forward to the usual Forza videos of car insanity, too. You folks are my favorite sub community here, so good luck and have fun!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

So you guys always finish around 1? I get home from work around that time on Thursdays :( Do you ever do anything on Fridays?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you ever do anything on Fridays?

Not typically, Forza Motorsport's always been on Thursdays. We might experiment with Friday or Saturday nights in the distant future, but I imagine that'll be a separate race night for another game like Forza Horizon 3 next year or some other title that explodes onto the scene.

Sorry to hear the timing doesn't work out for you! It's always hard to nail down a time that suits everybody. We've been pretty lucky in how well Thursday nights have worked for us over the years.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@Trace: It's ok. I wouldn't ask you guys to upset that.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I made a thing. I feel like this is a very accurate representation of what we do every week.

Loading Video...

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weeeeee!

Embraze7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to my first Race Night this Thursday, my Gamertag is Embraze7.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than 48 hours to go. I'm likely going to be there at the start, bail for story time and dinner, then head back in if there's room. If only I could get my 2 year old to go to bed earlier...

waggs1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By waggs1981

BurstingJoker36

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* my Xbox One is out for service and will return to me TOMORROW. So I don't get to be part of super-exclusive kool kids (tm) Race Night. But I'll probably join some time real soon!

GT: a tea tree

beef_daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If all goes as planned, I will be there for the race's tonight!

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jugnutts

Woohoo! Count me in!

Please have good MP lobbies Forza 6!!!

P.S. Missed you Poopkins.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trace

Holy crap, that was a surprisingly good first night. Despite annoying voice chat issues, hopefully most of you are interested in sticking with us in the weeks and months to come. A full 24-player lobby for these races would be amazing, especially as we look into the viability of certain series.

If anyone has some good footage or pictures to share, please do! We need more of that cool stuff now that we're back to proper Forza Motorsport Race Night. Until then...I think it's time to bring back an old friend to recap out-of-context bits and pieces from the 306th edition of Giant Bomb Forza Race Night.

CUE THE CAT.

No Caption Provided
    • If you're going to join us, turn off damage in your assists. It shouldn't matter, but just trust me.
    • REMINDER: THERE IS A CHICANE ON THE BACKSTRAIGHT OF THE DAYTONA 24 LAYOUT. IT DOES NOT HAVE PROPER BRAKING MARKERS. PLEASE BE EXPECTING IT.
    • If you play the Check Mark Game in the lobby, you are playing a dangerous game of Russian Roulette. Just ask Jugnutts.
    • Speaking of a dangerous game of Russian Roulette, maybe don't pick cars without headlights for a night race at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. This includes the Formula E car. Seriously.
    • We experienced flying Gurkas in Italy! Maybe don't ask too many questions.
    • IndyCars stall. ALL THE TIME. I may have to opt for auto clutch again, as much as I hate the idea.
    • Fun Fact: Our lobby was worth at least $1500 for most of the night. Thank you, Cult of Greenawalt.
    • The weather forecast in-game is actually Poopkins. I didn't actually know that was a person -- I thought it was a term of endearment or something -- but OK!
    • Formula E races are pretty good, y'all. High-quality stuff.
    • Sonoma: Thatfuckingkerbshot.jpg
    • To the person who left tires all over the track: You may want to go see a doctor, you may be very ill
    • I was Gurka'd at Sonoma. It did not feel good. No, I'm not the one with the tire illness issue.
    • Modern F1 cars are TOUGH without assists. Criminy.
    • Virus tag is still mostly broken. I'm as disappointed as you are.

Thanks again to everyone who attended! Only a few more weeks until we're officially six years old. The streak continues...

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#WeAreRaceNight
    #WeAreRaceNight

ShiroGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShiroGamer

I am not sure if this was the case with Horizon 2, or if it's going to be for 6 - but is there any chance we could have a Europe Racing Night? I would love to attend these but the times above are always early morning for me...

jugnutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirogamer Please by all means. Start one in EU! This stuff is all community driven so the more the merrier. I would love to see more GBRNs pop up around the globe.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20 chaser324  Moderator

@shirogamer: I may be misremembering, but I think at some point many years ago there was a Europe Race Night. I don't think they managed to keep it going for all that long though.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trace

@shirogamer said:

I am not sure if this was the case with Horizon 2, or if it's going to be for 6 - but is there any chance we could have a Europe Racing Night? I would love to attend these but the times above are always early morning for me...

The last time there was a European Forza Race Night, it was in Forza Motorsport 3, and it only lasted a few months or so, as it didn't end up drawing the numbers of our North American Forza Race Night.

If you or someone else wants to step up and try making a European Race Night, by all means, go for it! My work hours and general lack of Euro-friendly availability prevent me from helping with it in any way other than advice and maybe promotion, but it'd be cool to have a second and separate Forza Race Night gain traction and increase our community presence on Giant Bomb.

BobaTrainwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BobaTrainwreck

I would like to join in on race night next week. I'm madmatt213 on XBL. I'm a Ultimate sucker, so I already played some last night.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm an idiot that bought the 100$ edition as well, even though I don't like Forza as much as I used to. Because I'm also an idiot when it comes to sleeping, I'll try to make it to the next Race Night because why not.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: Smart decisions all around.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I'll give it a shot, but I have class that usually goes to about 9PM EST and I don't get home until about 945 at least. But, I'll try this thursday and see!

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CByrne

@earlessshrimp: usually ends just before midnight, but sometimes goes later.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn, just realized I'm going to be out of town by Thursday night - and I'm not going to try to race by tethering my xbox to my cell phone's 4G. See you in a little more than a week fellas.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I could swear I posted here already, but I'm in. Gamertag is D3war. I bought the $80 version so I'll be getting to play for the first time in a few hours.

GeorgeKansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I just buy a car for every class or will I also need any more specific kinds like Formula or something?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@bottleknight: We just recommend to have something you like for every class. Trace rolls a die (literally) to determine what class the next race will be, unless someone requests something specific. If you don't have something for a race, you can almost always Rent a car. You just won't earn any XP for that race.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll be ready then, I only have a couple of tuned cars at this point. Oh well, rentals will have to do.

SargeMcD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sarge McD

I'll try to be there!

Ive never played this game online and I dont know where my mic is.

ladnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Would like to get in on this too, gamertag is Ladnar Maneuver. Finally picked up an xbox one, was a sucker for the blue console.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What classes should i have ready tonight? I figure a few tuned B, A, and S class vehicle will be safe for most of the evening? I've got about a million right now so i dont have anything R in my garage.

GT: Epidemik LV

SargeMcD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yo just call me blockbuster cause i be renting everything and then eventually failing due to me not understanding the world around me.

No but really, I dont have enough shit I think but whatever. yolo

SHFFLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in joining. Username is SH1FFLE and I just followed.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Hey, HavocHQ on Xbox here! Count me in. :D

GeorgeKansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the first race finished (which I super enjoyed!) Forza crashed to desktop so I decided to just keep watching the football. I'll be around next week though!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap, what a night. I'm now locked into five hours of #DRIVECLUB for Extra-Life thanks to my big mouth.

Not as many notes this week, but cue the cat.

No Caption Provided
    • Puddles at Nurburgring are both vicious and murderous. Also, apparently a rally car can't take out three fighter jets just flying over all the wet tarmac.
    • Everyone gets murdered on Sebring's back straight. ...it probably didn't help that it was at night and we didn't have headlights, but I'm sure it happens all the time on that back straight anyways.
    • Dethfish's van at Monza, HOLY CRAP
    • PSA: If I pick a race and you don't have a car, just say so and be patient -- I can sort it out, I got this. I've dealt with that issue many times before.
    • F1s are not good at Daytona. I don't care what anyone says.
    • Terradynes are not good at ANYTHING. I don't care what anyone says.
    • ...and yes, if my Extra-Life campaign hits $1,000 total, I will take my first step to join the Lamborghini Pizza Club for real. The rate this charity stuff is accelerating is scaring me only slightly less than Dethfish's van.

Hopefully everyone who joined us had fun this week, and I hope to see you back next week! I'll be putting together some homework before then, but it's mostly about tuning up a van for racing, either the Ford Transit or GMC Vandura. More details to follow.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't stop the Van. The Van is coming for you all. Only puddles can stop it.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@dethfish: I had basically the exact same thing happen in the Shelby Raptor.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's a camera angle thing, but the number of times I was braking for an accident, then got rear-ended by someone who wasn't slowing down got a little bit frustrating. I guess it's not possible to see accidents further ahead in cockpit view? Should I just plow into the cars ahead of me and hope it works out instead of trying to hit the brakes? I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver by any means, but I found myself in the back-half of the pack pretty quickly while the people who were actually in the accident that started the whole mess were out ahead of me.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

is there not like one of those driving club things like horizon 2 (and forza 5 i think??) had?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewar:A lot of accidents in large packs end up working out that way, as kind of an accordion effect when people aren't able to realize something's going on up ahead as quickly and either fail to check up or shoot a gap that isn't there. It's unfortunate, but I got caught up in quite a few of those, as well.

is there not like one of those driving club things like horizon 2 (and forza 5 i think??) had?

Nope, no clubs in Forza 6. The last Motorsport game to have them was Forza 4, and while Horizon 2 had clubs, they didn't have much of a benefit and were hot garbage to maintain.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Trace said:
    @shirogamer said:

The last time there was a European Forza Race Night, it was in Forza Motorsport 3, and it only lasted a few months or so, as it didn't end up drawing the numbers of our North American Forza Race Night.

If you or someone else wants to step up and try making a European Race Night, by all means, go for it! My work hours and general lack of Euro-friendly availability prevent me from helping with it in any way other than advice and maybe promotion, but it'd be cool to have a second and separate Forza Race Night gain traction and increase our community presence on Giant Bomb.

I'd be down for another EU race night! Just ordered an Xbox to get back into Forza and I miss the custom event stuff so if the demand's there I'll happily join in (and cause an unworldly collision.)

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the first of probably many dumb forza 6 race night montages. Warning: Contains EDM

Loading Video...

dac757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT: dac757

Hoping to join you guys one evening soon.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I'LL BE THERE AND SQUARE! Won't have to be up at 5:30 the next morning AAAAAAAND don't have to deal with moving out or setting up my stuff. Still have class, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.