Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 7

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 03, 2017

Forza is back and in 4K.

Where's your limit for day one patches? (50 GB seems too much )

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soulcake

So i just bought Forza 7 on PC and it's a pretty big download 95 GB ( through the windows store ) let's hope it doesn't crash 5 times while i am at it.... Was doing some reading on Forza 7 turns out if you buy the disc'd version of the game be prepared to download a 50 GB patch ! I am not a software engineer but 50 that's like 2 separate games for a single day one patch i hate to play armchair developer but that seems a bit to mutch. Did they just fuck up there gold release or is the game being released on the disc with half the features missing ?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont have a limit but its becoming increasingly clear there is little reason to buy disc based games anymore. They install on the device anyway and you need to download patches anyway so if you have a data cap you are still screwed

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it’s a driving game, the size isn’t surprising to me. My guess is the day one patch is a temporary thing and will go down once they get the game file being served out up to date.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the 50 GB isn't really a patch its the rest of the game even if they weren't being so tight you'd still installing 95 GB from two disc's but where's the incentive in spending a boat load of cash compressing the game size.

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bradbrains:

Only reason I buy physical is when the price is lower, which can often be the case. Forza 7 arrives from Amazon today, bummer that it probably won’t be ready until tomorrow.

hawk767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to pick up Forza 7 having been a fan of the series for years, but a 95gb download on my 768kbps connection would take me weeks if not a couple months of nightly downloading to get through. I've put up with 40gb downloads, 50gb downloads, but very rarely. I'd rather not fall behind on updating all of my other games and downloading any other games while I'm waiting for such a massive download to complete. These sort of situations will easily keep me from buying a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.